Thread: No love?

Default No love?

Probably not a big enough subject to start a thread, but haven't seen Hussein Abdullah's name being brought up enough in my opinion. This guy is a HUGE defensive and special teams player! I'm glad that we were able to pick him up after his trek. I just hope he doesn't decide to go back again I would love for this guy to stay a chief for years to come! Seeing the way this guy throws his body around creating plays is amazing and very entertaining

I'd like him to stay with the Chiefs, as well. It may depend on what becomes of 5th round draftee Sanders Commings.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 10-24-2013 at 11:57 AM.

I have heard his name a lot, and I havent watched a game, which means something. He is making a lot of plays and hustling out there. He was a borderline starting caliber safety before he took the year off. I hope he wants to stay here, but I would expect a team looking for a safety will pick him up in the offseason. He wont be too valuable to us, especially if Commings turns out to be pretty decent also. There isnt much room back there for Demps, Abdullah, Lewis, Berry, Commings ...

For once we have a lot of depth and options at DB.

On a side note, my mom taught him and his family (I think he has like 8 brothers and sisters) in high school. They are a great family. Very humble and down to earth, even after having 2 sons play professional sports they still live in the same community (which is not too affluent), go to the same schools dont have flashy clothes or cars, and are very active in community volunteering and support.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    I'd like him to stay with the Chiefs, as well. It may depend on what becomes of 5th round draftee Sanders Commings.
    Is Commings on the injured list? I've seen Abdullah play, don't recall seeing Commings so far this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Is Commings on the injured list? I've seen Abdullah play, don't recall seeing Commings so far this year.
    Commings is practicing right now and may see some action soon. He was out with a broken collar bone.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    Probably not a big enough subject to start a thread, but haven't seen Hussein Abdullah's name being brought up enough in my opinion. This guy is a HUGE defensive and special teams player! I'm glad that we were able to pick him up after his trek. I just hope he doesn't decide to go back again I would love for this guy to stay a chief for years to come! Seeing the way this guy throws his body around creating plays is amazing and very entertaining
    I think the pilgrimage to Mecca is only a once-in-life duty. Although some Muslims do go multiple times.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    I have heard his name a lot, and I havent watched a game, which means something. He is making a lot of plays and hustling out there. He was a borderline starting caliber safety before he took the year off. I hope he wants to stay here, but I would expect a team looking for a safety will pick him up in the offseason. He wont be too valuable to us, especially if Commings turns out to be pretty decent also. There isnt much room back there for Demps, Abdullah, Lewis, Berry, Commings ...

For once we have a lot of depth and options at DB.

On a side note, my mom taught him and his family (I think he has like 8 brothers and sisters) in high school. They are a great family. Very humble and down to earth, even after having 2 sons play professional sports they still live in the same community (which is not too affluent), go to the same schools dont have flashy clothes or cars, and are very active in community volunteering and support.
    Nice.