Thread: Webnews: Week Seven Power Rankings

Thumbs Up
    Received: 82
    Given: 27

Post Webnews: Week Seven Power Rankings

0 Not allowed!
    By Mike Florio
    1. Chiefs (7-0; No. 2):* With the Browns coming in on Sunday, the Chiefs will be in this spot for at least two weeks. 2. Seahawks (6-1; No. 3):* When Percy Harvin returns, can there be a position higher than No. 1? 3. Colts (5-2; No. 6):* So which team will Andrew Luck be playing… Read more…

Thumbs Up
    Received: 330
    Given: 339

1 Not allowed!
    I don't mean to be rude, but who really gives a shi*? These people get paid for verbal diarrhea. Our Chiefs get paid to win football games. And they are doing just that. I don't care how paid prognosticators rank us so long as we keep winning.

I hate to do it, but in this case I MUST quote the late Al Davis........JUST WIN BABY!!!!

All we need to do right now is worry about beating Cleveland.

One game at a time. ONE WIN AT A TIME!!!!!

THE CHIEFS ARE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 82
    Given: 27

0 Not allowed!
    Excerpt from PFT:

“The Chiefs have only played one team that does not have a losing record”

-Funny thing happens when you beat a team, you actually make their record WORST. Of the 7 teams that KC has beat, FOUR of them would be .500 or above if they had beat the Chiefs.

“Chiefs don’t score enough to win.”

-Actually they have the 3rd most points scored in the AFC.

“All the Chiefs have is Jamal Charles, stop him and it is game over.”

-The Chiefs have 14 TDs this season, 7 of them are rushing TDs, I will let you do the math to figure out how many WERE NOT rushing TDs.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 330
    Given: 339

1 Not allowed!
    Some interesting stats there! The idea that our only offensive weapon is JC shows that someone hasn't paid any attention to the Chiefs since last year. I have no stats, but I suspect that in the passing game we spread the ball around more than almost any other team. Our offense remains our "weak link", but in Sunday's game it surely looked like they were "getting it together". Killer defense + clutch offense = a team that is very hard to beat.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 224
    Given: 59

1 Not allowed!
    For some reason, football has become so focused on offense that the media has gotten the impression that points scored or set up by the defense and special teams don't count, or have less value than points scored by the offense. When the Ravens won the Super Bowl in 2000 they had one stretch were they went 4 weeks in a row without scoring an offensive touchdown. The '85 Bears were among the highest scoring teams of all time because they had a great defense. When Dave Toub was with the Bears I remember Lovie Smith saying that they expected the defense and special teams to each score at least one touchdown every game.

Football is a team sport. It takes all 3 phases to be successful and when you have a great defense and special teams, that will keep you in just about every game whether your offense is clicking or not. On the other hand if you have a bad defense and your offense has an off week (I'm looking at you, Denver.) you are dead in the water.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    MatthewsChiefs can't stand MatthewsChiefs

Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!
    Gotta love the power rankings on nfl.com they rank us as number 1 only because the Donks just lost. Says if we were tied they'd be number 1. And says they're still the best team in football cuz they've been dominant. Never mind the fact that 1) they haven't been too dominant. They've played the same "weak schedule" as us, they're defense is pretty bad, AND they just lost to the colts which in my mind puts them behind at least 2 teams. I can't believe the medias love affair with them. It's pretty disgusting. It's like they just forget what Peyton's playoff record is when they start spewing... Go Chiefs Buck the Froncos!!
    Doing my best to keep my sons memory alive!!!