Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Webnews: Chiefs release Tony Moeaki from injured reserve

Thumbs Up
    Received: 86
    Given: 30

Post Webnews: Chiefs release Tony Moeaki from injured reserve

0 Not allowed!
    By Curtis Crabtree
    The Kansas City Chiefs released tight end Tony Moeaki with an injury settlement from injured reserve on Wednesday. A third-round selection by the Chiefs in 2010, Moeaki was placed on injured reserve in August after fracturing his shoulder. It’s the second time he’d landed on injured reserve in four seasons in Kansas City. He also… Read more…

Thumbs Up
    Received: 128
    Given: 4

1 Not allowed!
    Dorsey has more than once said he values his draft picks. He is alread down a 2nd this year for the Alex Smith Trade, Assuming we win one more game.

I do not see him giving up another for a player to play half a season. Specially with Fasano Back and the way McGrath has played. Maybe a Fred Davis who has alot of Talent, still has a career left and just needs to be redirected from his current situation.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 662
    Given: 822

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Dorsey has more than once said he values his draft picks. He is alread down a 2nd this year for the Alex Smith Trade, Assuming we win one more game.

I do not see him giving up another for a player to play half a season. Specially with Fasano Back and the way McGrath has played. Maybe a Fred Davis who has alot of Talent, still has a career left and just needs to be redirected from his current situation.
    That's the way I see it, as well. I don't believe Dorsey is going to give up any draft picks for anyone at this stage. Carl Peterson had a habit of doing this -- giving up draft picks for stop-gap measures. Dorsey & the Chiefs scout are already at work scouting college players and Dorsey is light years ahead of Pioli in this regard.

Personally, I'm totally against trading draft picks for anybody at this stage in the season. Tony G. can stay in Atlanta and Fred Davis can go elsewhere.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 369
    Given: 428

0 Not allowed!
    That is probably the wisest thing. Hard not to think about it though.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 113
    Given: 163

0 Not allowed!
    I wouldn't mind if Tony G decided he wanted to sign with us and play next year, but I don't think I want to give up anything more than a 5th rounder to have him for half a season.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 103
    Given: 1

0 Not allowed!
    Mook I had great hands. Reminded me of Tony g. When he was on the field though. It's a bummer he couldn't stay healthy. Hopefully he gets another chance some where.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 1

0 Not allowed!
    moeaki will end up in NE, and burn our asses in the playoffs...

ROFL... I scoff at the notion NE will even make it past week 17 now,

so i joke, but...

how many times have we seen a player breakout after leaving the team that the fans loved? i had more admiration for moeaki than gonzalez (( we traded him three years too late)))

(i often watch many sports and see former players from either the chiefs, royals, sometimes even in college, where they simply excel away from the midwest.... i think i have counted at least eight titles from three different sports that KC could have had if they had retained certain players....)

Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 12

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    Hmm... I wonder.

Does this free up roster space to bring in another Tony ....er, um, I mean another tight end?
    it would be foolish to take Tony G back, even if the cap were not an issue. Despite all he did for the Chiefs, I'm tired of swollen headed professional athletes shopping for championships in order to satisfy their bloated egos. Whatever happened to loyalty. Yeah I know, its just their job, you would do it too ... Blah, blah, blah.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12