Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: From 2-14 to 14-2...?

Smile From 2-14 to 14-2...?

But losing in the second round after a bye...

is this 'acceptable' knowing we were three people short of this same season last year?

or is it unacceptable given all chiefs teams that finished with a first round bye have always lost in the last twenty years, give or take.

and i am on record stating with my first post here that the chiefs and broncos will finish tied, but the chiefs will win the tiebreaker.

i will concede for now rather than spilling all my thoughts on my first post...

***sooner or later (maybe its better that it be later) the offense will click???***

Thanks billbird!

Interesting that you describe your fans experience with Alex Smith in very similar terms to what we are experiencing. I hope that trend keeps up. So long as our Defense is "clicking" we will make every game close. But sooner or later we are going to find ourselves trailing by 10 or 14 points in the 4th quarter and I don't mind telling you none of us feel a high level of confidence about that kind of situation right now. Most of us are pretty happy with Alex Smith so far, but we all remember the last quarterback you guys sent us so we are holding Alex to a pretty high standard. Coming from San Fran and at the price of 2 second round picks we are not holding him to the standard of "is he better than what he replaced". Instead, we want him to be the second coming of Joe Montana or at least pretty close. I like Smith and I am happy enough with him so far. If he turns out as good as you say he will become one of the most popular Chiefs players in a LONG LONG TIME.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Thanks billbird!

Interesting that you describe your fans experience with Alex Smith in very similar terms to what we are experiencing. I hope that trend keeps up. So long as our Defense is "clicking" we will make every game close. But sooner or later we are going to find ourselves trailing by 10 or 14 points in the 4th quarter and I don't mind telling you none of us feel a high level of confidence about that kind of situation right now. Most of us are pretty happy with Alex Smith so far, but we all remember the last quarterback you guys sent us so we are holding Alex to a pretty high standard. Coming from San Fran and at the price of 2 second round picks we are not holding him to the standard of "is he better than what he replaced". Instead, we want him to be the second coming of Joe Montana or at least pretty close. I like Smith and I am happy enough with him so far. If he turns out as good as you say he will become one of the most popular Chiefs players in a LONG LONG TIME.
    The last QB they sent us was actual Elvis Grbac, but I understand what you're saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    The last QB they sent us was actual Elvis Grbac, but I understand what you're saying.
    OOOOOPS!!!!! Memory failed again! :( Thanks for the correction.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    OOOOOPS!!!!! Memory failed again! :( Thanks for the correction.
    Ain't no thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Ain't no thing.
    but a chicken wing?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123