Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: From 2-14 to 14-2...?

Smile From 2-14 to 14-2...?

But losing in the second round after a bye...

is this 'acceptable' knowing we were three people short of this same season last year?

or is it unacceptable given all chiefs teams that finished with a first round bye have always lost in the last twenty years, give or take.

and i am on record stating with my first post here that the chiefs and broncos will finish tied, but the chiefs will win the tiebreaker.

i will concede for now rather than spilling all my thoughts on my first post...

***sooner or later (maybe its better that it be later) the offense will click???***

Can't really blame you for thinking something like this might happen, lord knows we have seen enough of it. But I don't think it is going to. I think Coach Reid will have them ready to rock once we get into the playoffs and that he'll get us at least a playoff win. There is no doubt though that the offense needs to start getting their shi* more in one bag. But I've seen a few things that make me think they are making some progress. I suspect that by the last 3 or 4 weeks we will see a much imporoved offense. Certainly no as good as we would like, but much improved none-the-less.

Welcome to Chiefscrowd!

make playoffs, moral victory, lose first game in playoffs i see it as a fail. You hate the media now, losing in the playoffs will make them bring that stat up and talk about the schedule even more.

I don't know, look at the schedule after the bye week. I think 12-4 is optimistic, I'd be ok with 11-5. We have three of the the 4 elements clicking. We have no passing game. As much as I want believe it will improve, as much as I like Alex Smith, and as much as I'd like to eat crow on this, I've seen enough to realize that it is what it is. And any objective person, chief fan or not, has to admit it. Imagine how good we would be with P Manning, Brees, Rogers, Wilson, Luck or ... gasp ... even Rivers? But given our defense and J Charles, at least I believe that we can at least compete with any team, even in the playoffs.

Before the season started most people were just hoping the Chiefs would finish .500 or better. Realistically, 10-6 and just making the playoffs would have been considered a huge improvement over last year and a success. But with every victory fan expectations are rising. Now we are even seeing some mainstream sports media articles saying that this team is set up perfectly to beat the Broncos.

I would have to say that if we finish the season as the 1 or 2 seed then, yes, not winning a playoff game would be a disappointment. A big part of it depends on our star players staying healthy. We've manage to scrape by with several key injuries, but if we lose a major piece it will be difficult to win down the stretch. I don't think anyone should be expecting to make the Super Bowl at this point, although as Chiefs fans, we are all certainly hoping they do.

As far as I am concerned this season has already been a huge success regardless of what happens from here forward. If we go 10-6 and lose our first playoff game, I'm okay with that. The Chiefs are just getting started and will be better next year. I figured it would take 3 years to make the Super Bowl and as long as we see continued improvement, I'm happy.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

I am with Roy here. This season is already a success to me. We would have lose almost every remaining game for me to consider it a failure.

Playoffs? Without a playoff win?

Well exceeds my expectations for this season.

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    Before the season started most people were just hoping the Chiefs would finish .500 or better. Realistically, 10-6 and just making the playoffs would have been considered a huge improvement over last year and a success. But with every victory fan expectations are rising. Now we are even seeing some mainstream sports media articles saying that this team is set up perfectly to beat the Broncos.

I would have to say that if we finish the season as the 1 or 2 seed then, yes, not winning a playoff game would be a disappointment. A big part of it depends on our star players staying healthy. We've manage to scrape by with several key injuries, but if we lose a major piece it will be difficult to win down the stretch. I don't think anyone should be expecting to make the Super Bowl at this point, although as Chiefs fans, we are all certainly hoping they do.

As far as I am concerned this season has already been a huge success regardless of what happens from here forward. If we go 10-6 and lose our first playoff game, I'm okay with that. The Chiefs are just getting started and will be better next year. I figured it would take 3 years to make the Super Bowl and as long as we see continued improvement, I'm happy.
    A TRULY EXCELLENT POST!!!!!

Yes.....I'm hoping we can turn this run we are on into a SuperBowl appearance and win.

Yes.....I BELIEVE we are going to get at least a playoff win this year.

But NO!!!!! If we make the playoffs and lose our first game then I won't call this season a disappointment. In an earlier thread, I said I expected a record somewhere between 7-9 and 9-7 with an outside shot at 10-6 and that the only thing that would upset me was 8-8 as that would make us give up a 2cond round pick in the draft as opposed to a 3rd round pick.

At this point 7-9 would REALLY bum me out. In fact, I am EXPECTING at least 10-6.

And I do now expect a playoff win.

But if that doesn't happen, simply making the playoffs will still make this a damned good season.

NOT because I would be SATISFIED with that, but because I honestly believe we have the coaching and management in place to make us a better team every year for a number of years to come and that if we don't make the SuperBowl or win a playoff game this year then we will next year or the year after.

This Chiefs team is being set up to replace the Splatriots as the DOMINANT team in the AFC. It's been a long time....I can wait another year, 2 or even 3....because our new management and coaching is giving me something more than dreams, wishes and hope....it's given me REAL RESULTS.

Rome was not built in a day. I've waited a LONG TIME. With progress and results I can wait a bit longer.

THE CHIEFS ARE BACK!!!!!!

I'm just concentrating on securing a playoff place first, when that's done then I'll worry about our final record.

at the start of last season i stated we were one person from making the playoffs...

could cassel not kill the chiefs single-handedly.

i say this... this year is a success from here on out.

just was curious would yall think playoffs without a win was still a success.

it could happen, but not likely, they could tank the rest of the year....

(in the back of my mind i knew this team would be a 11-5 type of team, i just did not want to say it publicly as to the outcome from last year as prime example)

the D is the key, fer sure...
    Last edited by NickheadKCAU; 10-27-2013 at 01:10 AM.

Still need a receiver or two. I an sure Andy Reid will get a Receiver in the off-season. That's just how he rolls.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast