Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 35

Thread: Game 8 thoughts

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,784
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 407
    Given: 78

    Default Game 8 thoughts


    1 Not allowed!
    The good

    The first half offense. They put up points moved the ball a lot and kept the Browns offense off the field. That's the offense that will win this team games. They have to put it together for a whole game something that so far they have failed to do. But That offense was really good. Still some things to work out but that's the offense this team needs.

    The defense 1st and 4th They started the game out forcing 3 and outs and they finished the job in the 4th. Running Qbs still a problem but they got the job done yet again.

    The bad

    The offense in the 2nd half. EVERYONE was pretty bad. The O line stunk it up that hurt everyone. Smith had no time to do much. And that offense just wasn't moving the ball like they did in the first half. They have to find some way to pull it together for a whole game not a half. They show what this offense can be then they start stinking up the joint like they did in the 2nd half today

    The defense in the 2nd and 3rd. They just were not getting the job done. They were not getting to the QB like they have this year. Gordon was beating everyone even Flowers. If they play like that it's going to get us beat but they did get the job done when it matter much. They just had a bump in the road.

    Overall this is one that the Chiefs are very lucky to win. The Browns could have won this game if they didn't make so many mistakes of there own and some unforced mistakes at that like Bess. Very lucky but good teams find a way to win these games and that's what the Chiefs did. 8-0 Bring on the Bills
    ​BAN ROY


  2. #11
    Member Since
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,303
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 250
    Given: 754

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    The good

    The first half offense. They put up points moved the ball a lot and kept the Browns offense off the field. That's the offense that will win this team games. They have to put it together for a whole game something that so far they have failed to do. But That offense was really good. Still some things to work out but that's the offense this team needs.

    The defense 1st and 4th They started the game out forcing 3 and outs and they finished the job in the 4th. Running Qbs still a problem but they got the job done yet again.

    The bad

    The offense in the 2nd half. EVERYONE was pretty bad. The O line stunk it up that hurt everyone. Smith had no time to do much. And that offense just wasn't moving the ball like they did in the first half. They have to find some way to pull it together for a whole game not a half. They show what this offense can be then they start stinking up the joint like they did in the 2nd half today

    The defense in the 2nd and 3rd. They just were not getting the job done. They were not getting to the QB like they have this year. Gordon was beating everyone even Flowers. If they play like that it's going to get us beat but they did get the job done when it matter much. They just had a bump in the road.

    Overall this is one that the Chiefs are very lucky to win. The Browns could have won this game if they didn't make so many mistakes of there own and some unforced mistakes at that like Bess. Very lucky but good teams find a way to win these games and that's what the Chiefs did. 8-0 Bring on the Bills
    First off, hat's off to the Browns for coming into the loudest stadium in the world, and keeping their composure with a new QB. Their defense is really good. They shut down Alex Smith's running lanes, which is the guy's go-to move when the play breaks down. Their offensive adjustments in the second half were really good as well - they double teamed the right guys at the right time. Other teams are going to be dissecting film of this game trying to copy what Cleveland did today.

    What killed the Browns today was the turnover and time out management. For all the things they did right, that turnover burned enough time off the clock to screw them towards the end.

  3. #12
    Member Since
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,989
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 7

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    you guys are crazy if you couldnt notice that jason campbell was releasing the ball quickly and usually accurately all game long. do you really excpect hali and houston to break the edge blocking and get to the qb every play that fast? they were playing just as hard and fast as they always do. This game, they didnt see a great many qb progressions being made, just quick passes usually to the first read for consistent yardage. IMO thats sort of a testament to norv turner and his gameplan (and yes, adjustments) than it is to the chiefs D being a step off or lazy or whatever it was you guys were calling them in the game thread.

  4. #13
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    536
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 67
    Given: 2

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by lord-chiefy View Post
    when will the nfl ever learn running qbs like rg3 vick geno stewart are all short term go no where's qb. Pos dog killers and gang bangers....i'm so glad we du idnt draft one
    OH MY GOD!!!!!

    This sounds pretty racist!!!
    Last edited by Frankenchief; 10-27-2013 at 05:22 PM.

  5. #14
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,127
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 86
    Given: 139

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post
    OH MY GOD!!!!!

    This sounds pretty racist!!!
    Especially since RG3 is supposedly a really respectful, hard working army brat.

  6. #15
    Member Since
    Dec 2008
    Location
    kcmo
    Posts
    1,236
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 90
    Given: 1

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    W3ll first I went to my first chiefs game ever. Thats the good and we won but the bad. Wow I came away disappointed. We opened up good then that damng flea flicker. But our offense looks worse in person than on tv. Smith rarely had time to throw and always had to move around. Oline is keeling us. How is the qb and wr suppose to start gelling together and get their timing down and getting use to eachother when smith doesnt have anytime to throw. The oline is slowwing our passing progress way down and run blocking just as bad. Albert got smoked on ou4 flea flicker luckily smith didnt fumble as he got hit almost simultaneously. Glad we won but almos5 felt like we didnt deserve it. WE shouldnt hwve even let thek stay in the game. And mccluster needs to learn to fair catch .

  7. #16
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    536
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 67
    Given: 2

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    OK, I see there is a 3rd thread about this subject. I humbly yield to the fastest of the threads and bring mine here for reactions and replies. Apologies for any incidental redundancy. Mods could you please remove my thread here? http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/sh...8-observations.

    I'll get right to the meat:

    1a- This O NEEDs to improve. Buffalo WILL be tough and I for one do not remember KC doing well there. The rest of the schedule is going to be tough if our O is like this. The first half was very promising and Alex was getting good protection. But when Cleveland adjusted for the 2nd half, we had almost no answer. Granted, we were again playing against a very good D.

    1b- Alex Smith: This was the first time I can totally go with the label of game manager for him. He is still mil;es ahead of Cassel, but his newly obvious trend of high passes on tosses over 7 yards needs to be fixed fast. I don't know what it takes, but he needs to be sharp next week in cold Buffalo.

    2- When was the last time we scored a TD on our very first drive? I'm sure we've had one this year, but I don't remember it. After two initial excellent drives we should have been 14-0, not 6-0.

    3- Gimmick plays have never worked consistantly for the Chiefs since Hank Stram. There was a big difference in the execution of the flea flicker by the Browns and by the chiefs in this game. Our reverse in the 1st quarter developed very slowly in the backfield and expectedly didn't go anywhere.

    4- Bowe may not have yet gotten untracked in receiving, but I think his blocking is priceless. He doesn't get much credit for that.

    5- Twilight Zone moment of the game: Andy declined a running-into-the-kicker penalty giving the momentum riding Cleveland O the ball on their 27! WHAT THE HELL?!! Why not let the best punter in football punt from 5 yard closer and try to pin Cleveland deeper in their own end? I'm totall stumped on this.

    6- Andy almost did not challenge a 3rd down play when the refs spotted the ball a full yard back of where Alex had gone down, almost forcing us into a 4th and inches decision. It was so obvious that my grandma could have seen it, and she's long been dead. WTH ANDY?!

    7- Our D is a great one, needless to say. we asked for an attacking., swarming D and we got one. But the nature of this kind of D is that occasionally it's vulnerable to the big play. The last two weeks this has been exposed a little bit. One of these weeks the D will give away one too many big plays and I hope our O is ready to take the wheel then.

    8- Cleveland has two great coordinators.

  8. #17
    Member Since
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    139
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 12

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    "I feel like we lost this game." Seriously?? I didn't get to see this game, but I get the impression from reading some of these threads that we're starting to buy into the opinion of the rest of the country that the Chiefs really suck, and are just the luckiest team in the history of the NFL. 8-0, 8-0, 8-0, 8-0. This has got to be the first time in history that a fan base is embarrassed by it's 8-0 team. I'll take luck any day of the week ... or at least on Sundays ... for another eight weeks and then some. Just keep winning. I don't care if we suck.

  9. #18
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,262
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 591
    Given: 774

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by NJChiefs View Post
    "I feel like we lost this game." Seriously?? I didn't get to see this game, but I get the impression from reading some of these threads that we're starting to buy into the opinion of the rest of the country that the Chiefs really suck, and are just the luckiest team in the history of the NFL. 8-0, 8-0, 8-0, 8-0. This has got to be the first time in history that a fan base is embarrassed by it's 8-0 team. I'll take luck any day of the week ... or at least on Sundays ... for another eight weeks and then some. Just keep winning. I don't care if we suck.
    Not saying that it is bad that the Chiefs have started 8-0 -- it's great!! But there are chinks in the armor at this point that do have many rightfully concerned about how things will finish by the time the season is over. Luck isn't always going to last & it may not help the Chiefs if they have to face that other team from Ohio ( the Bengals ) who seem to be progressively getting better by the week, especially on Offense.

  10. #19
    Member Since
    Oct 2011
    Location
    St Petersburg FL
    Posts
    331
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Yeah the in game stat I saw was Cleveland's running D is 4th and their pass D is 7th. They have a good D!! I think they're being sold short! Wish we had the cap space to pick up a FA WR. We need one desperately!!
    Doing my best to keep my sons memory alive!!!

  11. #20
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,127
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 86
    Given: 139

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MissingTBone View Post
    Yeah the in game stat I saw was Cleveland's running D is 4th and their pass D is 7th. They have a good D!! I think they're being sold short! Wish we had the cap space to pick up a FA WR. We need one desperately!!
    We have about 3-4 mil. The problem is that there are no receivers worth anything available at this point in the season.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Game 5 thoughts
    By matthewschiefs in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 10-07-2013, 03:53 PM
  2. GAme 4 thoughts
    By matthewschiefs in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 10-03-2013, 01:04 PM
  3. Game 3 thoughts
    By matthewschiefs in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 100
    Last Post: 09-30-2013, 02:00 PM
  4. Game 2 thoughts
    By matthewschiefs in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 09-17-2013, 11:18 PM
  5. Thoughts on the game
    By huck1974 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 08-18-2007, 11:51 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •