Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Game 8 thoughts

Default Game 8 thoughts

The good

The first half offense. They put up points moved the ball a lot and kept the Browns offense off the field. That's the offense that will win this team games. They have to put it together for a whole game something that so far they have failed to do. But That offense was really good. Still some things to work out but that's the offense this team needs.

The defense 1st and 4th They started the game out forcing 3 and outs and they finished the job in the 4th. Running Qbs still a problem but they got the job done yet again.

The bad

The offense in the 2nd half. EVERYONE was pretty bad. The O line stunk it up that hurt everyone. Smith had no time to do much. And that offense just wasn't moving the ball like they did in the first half. They have to find some way to pull it together for a whole game not a half. They show what this offense can be then they start stinking up the joint like they did in the 2nd half today

The defense in the 2nd and 3rd. They just were not getting the job done. They were not getting to the QB like they have this year. Gordon was beating everyone even Flowers. If they play like that it's going to get us beat but they did get the job done when it matter much. They just had a bump in the road.

Overall this is one that the Chiefs are very lucky to win. The Browns could have won this game if they didn't make so many mistakes of there own and some unforced mistakes at that like Bess. Very lucky but good teams find a way to win these games and that's what the Chiefs did. 8-0 Bring on the Bills
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    We have about 3-4 mil. The problem is that there are no receivers worth anything available at this point in the season.
    Atlanta lost badly to Arizona, TONY GONZALEZ, COME ON HOME!

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Not saying that it is bad that the Chiefs have started 8-0 -- it's great!! But there are chinks in the armor at this point that do have many rightfully concerned about how things will finish by the time the season is over. Luck isn't always going to last & it may not help the Chiefs if they have to face that other team from Ohio ( the Bengals ) who seem to be progressively getting better by the week, especially on Offense.
    Agreed. I'm very proud of this team going 8-0, but there are a LOT of things that need to be fixed.

This team did NOT play well today. You have these kinds of games throughout a season. I'm not sure what the deal was today. Probably overlooking the Browns a little bit. I'm not too worried about this performance carrying over.

If the Chiefs are serious about winning this season and expect a deep playoff run, they need to make a move by Tuesday. I'd love to see them pull the trigger on a Josh Gordon trade. The Chiefs need to find someone who can consistently separate from the defender so Alex isn't sitting there holding the ball so long in the pocket. Defenses wouldn't be able to double team Bowe, Gordon, AND stack the box against Charles like they've been doing. Although it seems dead, getting Gonzo back would benefit this team immensely as well.

Something needs to be done about this offense. We're half way through the season and the elephant in the room is offensive efficiency. It needs to be addressed if this team is serious.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    This team did NOT play well today. You have these kinds of games throughout a season. I'm not sure what the deal was today. Probably overlooking the Browns a little bit. I'm not too worried about this performance carrying over.

If the Chiefs are serious about winning this season and expect a deep playoff run, they need to make a move by Tuesday. I'd love to see them pull the trigger on a Josh Gordon trade. The Chiefs need to find someone who can consistently separate from the defender so Alex isn't sitting there holding the ball so long in the pocket. Defenses wouldn't be able to double team Bowe, Gordon, AND stack the box against Charles like they've been doing. Although it seems dead, getting Gonzo back would benefit this team immensely as well.

Something needs to be done about this offense. We're half way through the season and the elephant in the room is offensive efficiency. It needs to be addressed if this team is serious.
    When I first heard about the TG talk, brushed it off...but now it's looking like it'd be a good chance for TG to make the playoffs and it would definitely give a boost to our offense. If anything can see the locker room presence lighting a fire under Fasano and McGrath.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post

Getting Tony G back would be nice but I don't see him going anywhere. It's just not going to happen.

It would be real nice to see them bring in some playmaker even if it were to mean they would have to trade Bowe. He just doesn't fit well with Alex. I gave Bowe a pass today since he was playing hurt. But he lack of production isn't limited to today. He just hasn't done it this year. I really don't see them making a move. But it would help for sure.

The offense showed promise in the first half. That is an offense this team can win with. They need to spend the week working on keeping the production they got in the first half the whole game. 20 points a half would mean 40 points a game. That offense is good for this team. I think today showed some slight progress but it has to get better. We have the bye week coming up. Then we have Denver. The offense has had half a season to get in tune they have to start showing more progress.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    It would be real nice to see them bring in some playmaker even if it were to mean they would have to trade Bowe. He just doesn't fit well with Alex. I gave Bowe a pass today since he was playing hurt.
    I disagree here. At this stage a WR is not a good fit with Alex. Alex Smith seems more of a TE first QB. We used Bowe in the slot with some success last week. that's another area Alex is somewhat comfortable with. He just does not target Bowe much because he's worried that Bowe might be double-covered. Alex seems deathly afraid of tossing INTs.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    The offense showed promise in the first half. That is an offense this team can win with. They need to spend the week working on keeping the production they got in the first half the whole game. 20 points a half would mean 40 points a game. That offense is good for this team. I think today showed some slight progress but it has to get better. We have the bye week coming up. Then we have Denver. The offense has had half a season to get in tune they have to start showing more progress.
    As I said before, IMO our OC failed to anticipate Cleveland's halftime adjustment to our O. We got comfortable and almost paid the price for it. Creative OCs should think "OK, what would I do if I were the other team's DC?" Then they would adjust for THAT. It's like a chess match.

I was worried. our D was really getting owned today. the Browns O really sliced and diced it pretty good. not much pressure on Campbell, who threw some good bombs. IMO the best opponent we faced so far. our O scored all the points but our D finally made the stops when needed.

we're still called the worst 8-0 team out there and im sick a hearing it
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post
    It's called halftime adjustment. They adjusted and we didn't anticipate their adjustments.

They have a great DC. Our OC is still under evaluation.
    They have a pretty good OC too. The Browns aren't a bad team. If they had better play at the QB spot. They have three good WRs and an up and coming tight end. They have good defenders at all the lines. They beat the Bengals who many consider a Super Bowl sleeper. This is not a bad team.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    They have a pretty good OC too. The Browns aren't a bad team. If they had better play at the QB spot. They have three good WRs and an up and coming tight end. They have good defenders at all the lines. They beat the Bengals who many consider a Super Bowl sleeper. This is not a bad team.
    and I was thinking this 7-0 balloon was gonna pop today
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast