Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Game 8 thoughts

Default Game 8 thoughts

The good

The first half offense. They put up points moved the ball a lot and kept the Browns offense off the field. That's the offense that will win this team games. They have to put it together for a whole game something that so far they have failed to do. But That offense was really good. Still some things to work out but that's the offense this team needs.

The defense 1st and 4th They started the game out forcing 3 and outs and they finished the job in the 4th. Running Qbs still a problem but they got the job done yet again.

The bad

The offense in the 2nd half. EVERYONE was pretty bad. The O line stunk it up that hurt everyone. Smith had no time to do much. And that offense just wasn't moving the ball like they did in the first half. They have to find some way to pull it together for a whole game not a half. They show what this offense can be then they start stinking up the joint like they did in the 2nd half today

The defense in the 2nd and 3rd. They just were not getting the job done. They were not getting to the QB like they have this year. Gordon was beating everyone even Flowers. If they play like that it's going to get us beat but they did get the job done when it matter much. They just had a bump in the road.

Overall this is one that the Chiefs are very lucky to win. The Browns could have won this game if they didn't make so many mistakes of there own and some unforced mistakes at that like Bess. Very lucky but good teams find a way to win these games and that's what the Chiefs did. 8-0 Bring on the Bills
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Overall, very disappointing 2nd half, especially on Offense. They do this at Buffalo next week and they'll get handed their first loss.

Quite correct, Matt. This Offense has got to find a way to keep it going for 4 QTR's. Really need to look at getting playmakers added to the Offense this off-season.

Knile Davis should have been given more work in the 2nd half. They are going to wear Charles out at this pace, needlessly.

I feel like we lost this game. Get through tough bills. And much needed bye week.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Chiefy View Post
    I feel like we lost this game. Get through tough bills. And much needed bye week.
    My thoughts exactly. A top-tier team with a good rushing attack probably would have beaten the Chiefs, today. The Chiefs were just lucky today. No two ways about it.

When will the NFL ever learn running qbs like rg3 Vick geno Stewart are all short term go no where's qb. Pos dog killers and gang bangers....I'm so glad we du idnt drAft one

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    The good

The first half offense. They put up points moved the ball a lot and kept the Browns offense off the field.

The bad

The offense in the 2nd half. EVERYONE was pretty bad. The O line stunk it up that hurt everyone. Smith had no time to do much. And that offense just wasn't moving the ball like they did in the first half.
    It's called halftime adjustment. They adjusted and we didn't anticipate their adjustments.

They have a great DC. Our OC is still under evaluation.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Chiefy View Post
    When will the NFL ever learn running qbs like rg3 Vick geno Stewart are all short term go no where's qb. Pos dog killers and gang bangers....I'm so glad we du idnt drAft one
    They said the same things about two QBs that were running QBs for their time ... Montana and Young. Alex Smith was a running QB in college and has something like the 5thmost rushing yds by a QB.

QBs who are smart about when they run can and will be very dangerous to any defense (like Russel Wilson).

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post
    It's called halftime adjustment. They adjusted and we didn't anticipate their adjustments.

LOL i just mentioned adjustments in your thread
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post

I wonder if this is why our D always seems a step behind in the 3rd quarter, but picks it up in the 4th? The other offense makes adjustments at halftime, and it takes to the 4th quarter for us to adjust to their adjustments.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast