Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I need to vent

Default I need to vent

I am getting very tired of hearing the "experts" give the chiefs credit for being undefeated and in the same breath saying but they have the softest schedule. I know my mind is not as sharp as it use to be but if I remember correctly the Chiefs were 2-14 last year and last place in the NFL. They EARNED first pick in the draft.

When the schedule came out I expected at best 3-5 right now. Soft schedule? The Chiefs had the Cowboys, Eagles, Titans and Texans in the first 8 games. When every team was 0-0 no one predicted how this season has unfolded. The Cowboys and Eagles are usually solid teams. The Titans have been improving and the Texans were favored to make the super bowl this year.

I know the Chiefs are not playing perfect football but for now they do have a perfect record, I do not expect it to stay that way. There is no way anyone can convince me this has been a soft schedule. The mighty broncos have played some of the same teams and won. The scores sure look different! The Chiefs may not put as many points on the board as the broncos but neither do their opponents. I was convinced that the Chiefs would not beat the broncos even as the season went on, I do not believe that now. After watching what the Colts did to the broncos I know the Chiefs Defense will give them a headache.

Soft schedule, I do not think so. A winning attitude and some very good changes during the off season is just making it look easy. I think the experts need to get it right. With the way the Chiefs Defense man handled the raiders at home make this a winning season to me!

Oh Lord have mercy!!!! You know we are getting a bit c o c k y when we go from 2-14 to 8-0 and are arguing if we are winning by "enough"! Right now we are not guaranteed a trip to the Super Bowl, a playoff win or even a trip to the playoffs. But we are 8-0 and the last time I checked the 8 teams we have beaten were NFL teams not east BF junior high teams.

We have a good football team. Maybe real good. And we're pretty young and have great coaching. I'm pretty sure we are going to make the playoffs. And I think we have a decent shot at winning a playoff game. As for the Super Bowl, ANY team that makes the playoffs can win the Super Bowl. Several Wildcards have shown that.

One game at a time. One win at a time. Make the playoffs. Then we can fight about if we are good enough to make the Super Bowl.

Let's just enjoy being 8-0 and focus on beating bloody Buffalo and getting to the bye week at 9-0.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Oh Lord have mercy!!!! You know we are getting a bit c o c k y when we go from 2-14 to 8-0 and are arguing if we are winning by "enough"! Right now we are not guaranteed a trip to the Super Bowl, a playoff win or even a trip to the playoffs. But we are 8-0 and the last time I checked the 8 teams we have beaten were NFL teams not east BF junior high teams.

We have a good football team. Maybe real good. And we're pretty young and have great coaching. I'm pretty sure we are going to make the playoffs. And I think we have a decent shot at winning a playoff game. As for the Super Bowl, ANY team that makes the playoffs can win the Super Bowl. Several Wildcards have shown that.

One game at a time. One win at a time. Make the playoffs. Then we can fight about if we are good enough to make the Super Bowl.

Let's just enjoy being 8-0 and focus on beating bloody Buffalo and getting to the bye week at 9-0.
    Quoted for truth!

The thing that baffles me is how a team that went 13-3 gets to play
    pretty much the same schedule as a team that went 2-14.
    I thought a last place schedule was supposed to be easier than
    a SB contenders schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by iratefan View Post
    No one seems to mention that the chiefs have played a large overlap of teams the denver broncos have also played, who are sitting 7-1 tied for the second best record in the league. Discounting both the 'gimme' wins by the broncos and the victories of the chiefs, while its still a losing record schedule so far, the disparity between wins/losses narrows significantly.

Also who saw the texans being 2 - 5 right now and finding a spark (at arrowhead) from their 3rd stringer qb? who saw the browns, who pulled out a victory over the recently beloved cincy bengals, coming out slinging with a rather strong showing at arrowhead? Who saw the Giants being 1-6 and watching the eagles abysmal offensive effort since the opening scorcher vs the redskins? Cowboys could easily be 5-2 right now if it werent for painfully close losses? (anyone remember just a few years ago when matt stafford was being called to be benched before he went out with an injury?)

Unless you are playing the 2013 jags/vikings each and every week, having a 'cupcake' schedule is kinda crap. and it doesnt last that way for long anyway so we dont have to hear about it for too much longer. we'll see what type of team we are starting next week on the road against the bills.

We've only played 1 division game so far which i find terrifying. Theres no bad team this year in this division. Even the raiders are showing potency and resiliency with pryor threatening a breakaway run on any given play.
    I don't care about what the Donkies are doing in comparison to who we have played. All I am saying is that we have not played anyone worthy of being called a play off contender and getting upset or comparing us to other teams does not pass the eye test that the national media is going off. Until we beat a team with a winning record that is good, without a decimated offensive line or the 20th QB in 10 years or a QB gettins his first start...etc...

People keep crying to give us some respect because we can't help our schedule sucks blah blah blah. It is about to get harder so instead of painting the bulls eye on our back asking for the attention is just asking for it when they are proved wrong. Can we please poke at the Bear when we know for a fact we are a Bear.

Who cares what people say about us. All that matters this week is the Bills. Not who the Donkies playes, will play or is ranked.

Well said! WHO CARES if we are the Rodney Dangerfield of the NFL? No Respect etc etc etc....I'd be real happy if we got ZERO respect until 1 second after the Super Bowl ended.

SCREW "respect"! We have to beat Buffalo in 5 days!!!!

after the bye it really hits the fan. lets see what we got then
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

I am selfish I want respect because I cannot get enough of my chiefs so I want everyone talking abou us non stop, but I also don't mind flying under the radar. Saying that mentioning us in the media right now is a good thing isn't true. We don't get any advantage from lack of attention because any team that plays us is going to study us for an entire week no matter how good or bad we are

Quote Originally Posted by kcvet View Post
    after the bye it really hits the fan. lets see what we got then
    The "tough" doesn't start after the bye week. Buffalo is going to be very tough. I think this Sunday is going to tell us a lot about what is going to happen after the bye week.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    The "tough" doesn't start after the bye week. Buffalo is going to be very tough. I think this Sunday is going to tell us a lot about what is going to happen after the bye week.
    After the bye week we should be rested and healthy. Also Andy Reid already said he will address the teams problems in the bye week in a recent interview so I expect us to be much better after the bye week

speaking of vent.

Dez Bryant of the cowboys snaps his cap and goes off on Romo. or is it Romeo??? and tight end Jason Witten

video

lots a bleeps
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast