Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Needs....

Default Needs....

Still need a "break-out" Receiver or two. Need a burner to go down the field and a good slot guy.

I think those additions would be the finishing touches to make a legit SB run.

Yay or Nay?

A burner who may separate only based on his speed is not enough. We have speed receivers (Avery? Dexter?), but they need to know how to separate by running their routs well. Instead of a "burner" we need an all around "separator."

and an o-line that can block, no use in having those wr's when your qb doesn't have time.

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    and an o-line that can block, no use in having those wr's when your qb doesn't have time.
    THIS

I went over the game again. And watched the videos on kcchiefs.com on the game wrap up Mitch Holthus points out that the six sacks the Chiefs gave up came in the 2nd half. That's the biggest thing that hurt the offense in the 2nd half. The O line wasn't blocking anyone. It points to the Browns staff making an adjustment the Chiefs didn't see coming and couldn't put a stop to. The O line is the biggest need for the offense slightly more then a playmaking WR. But I don't see anyone trading O line so it's not going to be a move made this year. The guys they have now are just going to have to start doing the job.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    THIS

I went over the game again. And watched the videos on kcchiefs.com on the game wrap up Mitch Holthus points out that the six sacks the Chiefs gave up came in the 2nd half. That's the biggest thing that hurt the offense in the 2nd half. The O line wasn't blocking anyone. It points to the Browns staff making an adjustment the Chiefs didn't see coming and couldn't put a stop to. The O line is the biggest need for the offense slightly more then a playmaking WR. But I don't see anyone trading O line so it's not going to be a move made this year. The guys they have now are just going to have to start doing the job.
    But i bet their is time the line actually give smith time but the wr's just don't get open.

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    But i bet their is time the line actually give smith time but the wr's just don't get open.
    True as well and there are times Alex holds on to the ball and just doesn't give the wrs a shot that he should. It's a team thing.But IMO the Offensive line has been the weakest link on the offense overall. They were actually good in the first half against Cleveland compared to what we have seen at times. The 2nd half they were murdered. And that played the biggest roles in the offense not getting it done in the 2nd half though there is also blame to go on every other part of the offense.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Let’s face it Bowe will never get the ball that he wants.Smith has already proven he wants to protect the ball. Bowe is a big guy thatcan go up and get balls (when wants to), he just doesn’t have the speed to keepgood separations. Hence he doesn’t get a lot of balls his way. That is whyAvery, Charles and DMC has been getting the balls...they create the space thatsmith wants to see... we just need speed and WR that will fight to get open...

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    THIS

Ahhh... im glad that you have (finally) noticed ^^. Too many A-gap blitzes coming down the pipe to shut alex's vision down unimpeded. even more egregious than the end around outside blitzes burning albert/fisher around the back. The o-line is a 'young group' - but we need to see much larger strides of improvement, or else there has to be some sort of responsibility taken at the coaching level.

Something Chiefs offense hasnt had in quite some time in my recollection is a playmaker receiver. Matt Cassel made Dwayne Bowe look like a top receiver in 2010 because that was the only target he could hit and could trust to make a play. But Smith does not have that rapport or even that trust with Bowe to make those throws (Bowe has had some bad drops this season breaking drives on 3rd and manageable). Im not sure we'd even know what to do with a star receiver talent. we need someone that can 'just catch' whatever throw needs to be made. Arguably we have a decent threat in donnie avery, but any time he gets a step down the line that seems to be an automatic overthrow by Smith (quite possibly his worst throw in the arsenal).

Somehow I get the feeling the organization is first to understand just exactly the shortcomings in personnel moreso than anyone, and perhaps have the most reasonable level of expectations for what they hope to achieve. I dont think anyone in the organization has "superbowl" in their sights, they just want to make strides and build towads the future.

Its us the fans that are tired of making strides and want to see the unimaginable happen. We've seen some pretty dramatic changes in the offseason so its hard for us not to get worked up about the possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by iratefan View Post
    Ahhh... im glad that you have (finally) noticed ^^. .
    Huh? Matt has been screaming about O-Line forawhile now

apparently our o-line is the youngest in the league

we could use a good TE, there is nothing special about either of ours, too bad we never got to see what Kelce could do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast