Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Needs....

Default Needs....

Still need a "break-out" Receiver or two. Need a burner to go down the field and a good slot guy.

I think those additions would be the finishing touches to make a legit SB run.

Yay or Nay?

Quote Originally Posted by rodu View Post
    apparently our o-line is the youngest in the league

we could use a good TE, there is nothing special about either of ours, too bad we never got to see what Kelce could do
    Im worried that Kelce may be Moeaki 2.0. I'm hoping he recovers fully and doesn't have any future problems. Kelce, Fasano and McGrath could be a really good TE group for a couple years, but I imagine if there is a good receiving TE available in the offseason, we would go after him.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    Im worried that Kelce may be Moeaki 2.0. I'm hoping he recovers fully and doesn't have any future problems. Kelce, Fasano and McGrath could be a really good TE group for a couple years, but I imagine if there is a good receiving TE available in the offseason, we would go after him.
    Anyone available via free agency?

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    THIS

I went over the game again. And watched the videos on kcchiefs.com on the game wrap up Mitch Holthus points out that the six sacks the Chiefs gave up came in the 2nd half. That's the biggest thing that hurt the offense in the 2nd half. The O line wasn't blocking anyone. It points to the Browns staff making an adjustment the Chiefs didn't see coming and couldn't put a stop to. The O line is the biggest need for the offense slightly more then a playmaking WR. But I don't see anyone trading O line so it's not going to be a move made this year. The guys they have now are just going to have to start doing the job.
    I have a hard time wrapping my head around the 'lack of O-line talent' theory. Yes we have a rookie playing out of position, but not all the problems come from his side. At what point do we start pointing at O-line coach and maybe the OC?

Quote Originally Posted by iratefan View Post
    Arguably we have a decent threat in donnie avery, but any time he gets a step down the line that seems to be an automatic overthrow by Smith (quite possibly his worst throw in the arsenal).
    Donnie Avery to WR is Thomas Jones to RB, IMO. His best days seem to be behind him.

Quote Originally Posted by iratefan View Post
    Somehow I get the feeling the organization is first to understand just exactly the shortcomings in personnel moreso than anyone, and perhaps have the most reasonable level of expectations for what they hope to achieve. I dont think anyone in the organization has "superbowl" in their sights, they just want to make strides and build towads the future.
    Actually this has been in my head for a few weeks now. I think we the fans are a bit guilty of drinking some self served Kool-Aide about our beloved Chiefs.

I haven't liked this Super Bowl talk that has been gaining steam here and on other Chiefs forums. Sets us up for a very probable painful crash into reality. The fact is we are not as good overall as our record and not as bad as last year's record. I really do not expect a Super Bowl run this year, but I'm excited about what is being built for next year. This year I'll be satisfied with somebody else winning the SB, as long as it's not Denver Mannings.

I don't get where this comes from! The guy has one untimely injury and all of a sudden he is another Moeaki!!!!

Moaki had a long list of college injuries. Kelce does not. This is a collision sport. People get injured occasionally.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post
    I don't get where this comes from! The guy has one untimely injury and all of a sudden he is another Moeaki!!!!

Moaki had a long list of college injuries. Kelce does not. This is a collision sport. People get injured occasionally.

My bad. I thought Kelce missed a season in college due to injury. I looked it up and it was because of being suspended, not an injury.

Quote Originally Posted by rodu View Post
    Anyone available via free agency?
    No one right now. There is talk that Washington is trying to trade Fred Davis, but will probably not find a taker. Rumor has it they will cut him if they can't trade him. If we picked him up off of waivers, I wouldn't mind it.

He comes with some risk. He is coming off an Achilles injury, and I don't know if he is as fast and athletic as he was before the injury. Also, he has decent hands, but I don't know what kind of blocker he is.

My bad. I thought Kelce missed a season in college due to injury. I looked it up and it was because of being suspended, not an injury.
    he may not be a Moeaki, but being injured when he was for how long he was, he looses an important year of development, I don't think it would be smart for him to be plan A for starting TE until he's shown soemthing

they need to get with it now. after the bye we seperate the men from boys.
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12