Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alex Smith Trade

Default Alex Smith Trade

So, now that we have hit the 8 win mark, we know that we are giving San Fran our 2nd. I for one am now satisfied with what we gave up. Smith may not be lighting it up, but I see him as being a big part of the whole change in culture here. We paid a 2nd round pick for his leadership, and to make a change to someone who knows how to win and has won before.

Well worth it. I see us building around him to be a contender for the next 10 years.

Won't hear me whining! With better performance from our O-line I think Smith and our offense would be putting up a minimum of 28 points per game.

Got me scared there with the trade deadline around the corner reading the topic for your thread I was thinking you were calling for a trade of Alex Smith

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    Well worth it. I see us building around him to be a contender for the next 10 years.

Gawd, I hope not. I think he'll be a good bridge to a franchise building QB, but I highly doubt Alex Smith is the QB for this team 3 years from now.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Gawd, I hope not. I think he'll be a good bridge to a franchise building QB, but I highly doubt Alex Smith is the QB for this team 3 years from now.
    Alex is not a sexy quarterback but if he can continue winning games I don't mind if he stays around. With all the early success we've been given we have to remember this is only the 9th game of this regime. The offense will get more efficient.

It's his talent that I'm not thrilled with. As much as I've stuck up for him this entire year, the fact remains that Alex Smith has a very limited set of skills. He was the best option available during an offseason full of very poor options at the QB position. I've said it before: The Chiefs probably landed the #1 pick in the absolute worst possible year in the history of the NFL. The year between a draft class that saw Andrew Luck, RGIII and company and the year right before a QB class that is already being considered one of the best classes in NFL history. With all these elite level QB prospects coming out of college recently, the Chiefs have.... Alex Smith as their "franchise QB of the future?"

I'm sorry, I just can't get on board with that.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    It's his talent that I'm not thrilled with. As much as I've stuck up for him this entire year, the fact remains that Alex Smith has a very limited set of skills....
    Yeah, all he has done over the last 2 1/2 years is win more games than every other quarterback in the NFL. He has just been lucky enough to play on great teams like the 2-14 Chiefs. If he could throw the ball 50 yds down field he probably wouldn't have lost those 3 games in 2011 and 2 games in 2012.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Alex Smith isn't the problem with this offense. Our problems lie with O-line, WR's and a revolving door at TE. I'd wager a beer that when Alex Smith's three year contract is up, that another team will sign him up in a hurry, looking to copycat KC's current 8-0 run. Reid has a history of stocking the benches with good QB's, would not be a bit surprised to see Tyler Bray move up the depth chart, and Reid take on another QB prospect down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Alex Smith isn't the problem with this offense. Our problems lie with O-line, WR's and a revolving door at TE. I'd wager a beer that when Alex Smith's three year contract is up, that another team will sign him up in a hurry, looking to copycat KC's current 8-0 run. Reid has a history of stocking the benches with good QB's, would not be a bit surprised to see Tyler Bray move up the depth chart, and Reid take on another QB prospect down the road.
    I agree with this, I'm more unhappy with Daniel as the back up though I understand the move given the options. I'm interested in seeing how they bring Bray along and believe he is the one to eventually replace Alex. I also believe after the bye week that Reid has pages of the playbook we have yet to see, a combination of not being in a position to have to use longer plays and 15 years of gamesmanship on Reid's part.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast