Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Bills discussion thread......

Default Bills discussion thread......

I don't know about anybody else, but I am worried sick about the Bills. I think this game has trap with a capitol T written all over it....

As TopekaRoy pointed out in another thread, the last 2 games we have allowed the Browns and the Texans 92% of their average points per game. Much worse than the 50 or so % we had been averaging. And the Browns and Texans are two of the better teams we have faced.

The Bills are 3-5, but they have played some good teams......Their losses have been to the Patriots, Jets, Browns, Bengals and Saints. Those are NOT easy teams. Their wins have been against the Panthers, Ravens and Dolphins and none of them are pushovers.

The Bills have scored 176 points for an average of 22 points per game. And they have done it against some pretty good teams....not the NFC East. If they score 92% of their average for the first 8 games then they will score 20 or 21 points against us. The most we have allowed this season. And the Bills will be playing at home so I can see that being good for an extra 3 points. So maybe 23 or 24 points.

The Bills have allowed 213 points this season for an average of 27 points per game. And as I said above, that has been against some pretty good teams.

I think we are going to need a MINIMUM of 25 points to win this game. In their 5 losses the Bills opponents have scored an average of 30 points per game to get the win and I don't see us putting up 30 points.

I think the Bills are going to be our toughest opponent yet and they always play us tough.

I REALLY want us to go into the bye week 9-0, but I AM VERY WORRIED ABOUT THIS GAME.

Your thoughts?
    Last edited by ctchiefsfan; 10-29-2013 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Topeka....on the subject of "trap games".....I think a team can get trapped by a team when the following week is a bye. We've got players that are dinged up and playing hurt and I'm sure the entire team is looking forward to the break. Can't that be as much of a 'trap" as looking forward to an important game?
    I guess that is possible, but I don't see our players taking it easy or "checking out" of the game because they have a break coming up. In fact I would expect just the opposite. Speaking for myself, if I knew I had a full week off coming I would play harder knowing I have extra time to recover and "leave it all on the field." I KNOW as a player, I would want to go into the break on a positive note. The last thing I would want is to have two weeks to think about a loss and giving the sports media an extra week to talk about how we are over-rated and can't beat a "good" team.

I have a pretty narrow definition of what I would consider a "trap game." Maybe your definition and mine just differ.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    i dont think its the stress of being undefeated, its the stress that peobably only one team from our division will make playoffs and were only 1 game up.
    Actually if the playoffs were to start today, three teams from the AFC West would make the playoffs! The wildcards would be Denver and San Diego. They are the only teams not leading their division that are over .500.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

I see your point. Guess I am just nervous like I said originally. The Bills always scare me and I am convinced they are not as bad as their record. I want this one SO bad......but VERY NERVOUS about the Bills.

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    I guess that is possible, but I don't see our players taking it easy or "checking out" of the game because they have a break coming up. In fact I would expect just the opposite. Speaking for myself, if I knew I had a full week off coming I would play harder knowing I have extra time to recover and "leave it all on the field." I KNOW as a player, I would want to go into the break on a positive note. The last thing I would want is to have two weeks to think about a loss and giving the sports media an extra week to talk about how we are over-rated and can't beat a "good" team.
    Maybe this is where we as fans get a chance to put our team's leadership under the microscope...How many times have we seen that last sentence play out just like that, with previous management/coaches ?!? There's a reason why that last sentence rings very true!

The Bills are beatable. It's only a trap game if the Chiefs LET it become one. Our WR's and TE's need to step up!! The thought of Shannon Sharpe going on and on about how he saw the Buffalo win coming should ALONE be motivation for two or three sacks.

I disagree with your assertion that the Chiefs have had trouble with mobile quarterbacks, this year (they beat them all), but even if that were the case, I don't see how you can call Lewis a mobile QB.

I think people are misunderstanding when people say that mobile QBs have given this defense trouble. It's not saying that they haven't been able to beat them it's saying thats something that the defense have had there issues with. Go to the Titans game there Td by Chris Johnson was because The Qb was able to get out of trouble and fliped him the ball. Vick ran for almost 100 yards against them. The defense hasn't let it beat them just yet but they have had there issues when going against mobile QBs.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    The defense hasn't let it beat them but they have had there issues when going against mobile QBs.
    There....fixed that for you. :)

Big plays are bound to happen, it's how many times it happens that makes or breaks our team. If it doesn't come from a receiver or a running it's gonna come from the QB. Everyone says we struggle with opposing mobile QBs but we have the #1 ranked defense we are struggling slot less than other teams are I think that says quite the opposite of struggling

I think that there is pressure that continues to mount, especially when it's week 9 and you are the only undefeated team left in the league, to keep the streak alive. I think it tends to paint a big target on you as an organization, or at least that's the perception.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I think people are misunderstanding when people say that mobile QBs have given this defense trouble. It's not saying that they haven't been able to beat them it's saying thats something that the defense have had there issues with. Go to the Titans game there Td by Chris Johnson was because The Qb was able to get out of trouble and fliped him the ball. Vick ran for almost 100 yards against them. The defense hasn't let it beat them just yet but they have had there issues when going against mobile QBs.
    You make a good point and I understand that, but things may not always be as they appear. I just looked at the highest rushing QBs game by game stats. I looked at Terrelle Pryor, Russel Wilson, and Michael Vick. In the games that they had the most rushing yards, they had some of their worst QBR and passer ratings.

I then looked at the three games where we faced "mobile" QBs and here is what I found:

Eagles: Michael Vick---4 carries for 99 yds, 24.8 ypc, 1 td pass, 2 int, Sacked 6 times for 34 yds, QBR-25.5, Passer rating-49.4 Score: 26-16

Titans: Ryan Fitzpatrick---6 carries for 50 yds, 8.3 ypc, 1 td pass, 2 int, Sacked 3 times for 13 yds, QBR-34.7, Passer rating-57.7 Score: 26-17

Raiders: Terelle Pryor---7 carries for 56 yds, 8.0 ypc, 1 td pass, 3 int, Sacked 9 times for 63 yds, QBR-9.0, Passer rating-45.7 Score: 24-7

We had our 3rd, 4th and 5th largest margins of victory against these highly mobile QBs. Our closest games have come against pocket passers who had much higher QB ratings.

The reason these QBs are running for a lot of yards is that they have no other option. Our defense is taking away the pass and stopping their running backs. When they face bad defenses they don't run for as many yards because their receivers and running backs are making plays.

So I say "bring on the mobile QBs." Yes, they will break a big run here and there, but they will also be running for their lives!
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

You make a good point and I understand that, but things may not always be as they appear. I just looked at the highest rushing QBs game by game stats. I looked at Terrelle Pryor, Russel Wilson, and Michael Vick. In the games that they had the most rushing yards, they had some of their worst QBR and passer ratings.

I then looked at the three games where we faced "mobile" QBs and here is what I found:

Eagles: Michael Vick---4 carries for 99 yds, 24.8 ypc, 1 td pass, 2 int, Sacked 6 times for 34 yds, QBR-25.5, Passer rating-49.4 Score: 26-16

Titans: Ryan Fitzpatrick---6 carries for 50 yds, 8.3 ypc, 1 td pass, 2 int, Sacked 3 times for 13 yds, QBR-34.7, Passer rating-57.7 Score: 26-17

Raiders: Terelle Pryor---7 carries for 56 yds, 8.0 ypc, 1 td pass, 3 int, Sacked 9 times for 63 yds, QBR-9.0, Passer rating-45.7 Score: 24-7

We had our 3rd, 4th and 5th largest margins of victory against these highly mobile QBs. Our closest games have come against pocket passers who had much higher QB ratings.

The reason these QBs are running for a lot of yards is that they have no other option. Our defense is taking away the pass and stopping their running backs. When they face bad defenses they don't run for as many yards because their receivers and running backs are making plays.

So I say "bring on the mobile QBs." Yes, they will break a big run here and there, but they will also be running for their lives!
    Thank you! What I've been saying all along you just supported my theory with numbers

this is no trap game......it wouldn't matter when we play the bills, this team matches up very well w/us. our D is #1 in sacks, they are #2. our O line has some protection issues as do the bills, not to mention neither team has a dominant run game......once again I predict there will be a critical turnover that will directly affect the outcome and determine the winner. I also believe that given a rookie QB and a veteran QB both under constant pressure, the probability is that the rookie will make the more crucial mistake. hopefully this turns out to be true and the CHIEFS go to 9-0
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast