Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Bills discussion thread......

Default Bills discussion thread......

I don't know about anybody else, but I am worried sick about the Bills. I think this game has trap with a capitol T written all over it....

As TopekaRoy pointed out in another thread, the last 2 games we have allowed the Browns and the Texans 92% of their average points per game. Much worse than the 50 or so % we had been averaging. And the Browns and Texans are two of the better teams we have faced.

The Bills are 3-5, but they have played some good teams......Their losses have been to the Patriots, Jets, Browns, Bengals and Saints. Those are NOT easy teams. Their wins have been against the Panthers, Ravens and Dolphins and none of them are pushovers.

The Bills have scored 176 points for an average of 22 points per game. And they have done it against some pretty good teams....not the NFC East. If they score 92% of their average for the first 8 games then they will score 20 or 21 points against us. The most we have allowed this season. And the Bills will be playing at home so I can see that being good for an extra 3 points. So maybe 23 or 24 points.

The Bills have allowed 213 points this season for an average of 27 points per game. And as I said above, that has been against some pretty good teams.

I think we are going to need a MINIMUM of 25 points to win this game. In their 5 losses the Bills opponents have scored an average of 30 points per game to get the win and I don't see us putting up 30 points.

I think the Bills are going to be our toughest opponent yet and they always play us tough.

I REALLY want us to go into the bye week 9-0, but I AM VERY WORRIED ABOUT THIS GAME.

Your thoughts?
    Last edited by ctchiefsfan; 10-29-2013 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    Also, the Bills have a good pass rush and if they can get that going earlier than cleveland did, it could get ugly for KC's offense.
    Hopefully we wont have to rely too much on the pass. What is they're run defense like?

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Personally, I don't pay any regard to the media hype and the Chiefs players, coaches, etc, shouldn't either. The best approach is currently the one that the team is employing right now -- take them down one game at a time.

I would love nothing more than for the Chiefs to kick the living crap out of Buffalo this Sunday and the Chiefs have played reasonably well on the road this year, so we'll have to wait and see.

As for the "kicking the crap out of Buffalo" that I just stated above, it's because that 1993 AFC Championship game still really leaves a bad taste in my mouth. The better team didn't win and advance to the Super Bowl. Two plays really stand out from that game.

1. The pass that Kimble Anders had delivered to him perfectly by Joe Montana at the goal line that Anders didn't catch, but instead Anders let it bounce right off him and into the hands of Buffalo Safety Henry Jones. Not getting that TD really hurt the Chiefs & 99 times out of 100 Anders catches that ball, but that would have to that he didn't when it really counted. Anders probably still has nightmares about that to this day.

2. THIS IS ONE THAT REALLY FROSTS ME AND I'VE NEVER GOTTEN OVER IT. The deliberate spearing with his helmut by Buffalo NT Jeff Wright to the back of Joe Montana's head that caused a concussion and knocked Montana out of the game, that came after Montana had thrown the ball. Wright should have been penalized and thrown out of the game as it was a deliberate attempt to knock Montana out and Wright knew Montana had gotten rid of the ball. Don't anybody try to feed me any BS about it being similar to the hit that you see in the vid below when Leonard Marshall KO'd Montana in the 1990 NFC Championship game because that hit by Marshall was legit and Montana still had the ball in his hand when Marshall hit him. Marshall HAS to make that hit and Montana was in a bad position when the hit came. Wright's deliberate spearing of Montana with the helmut in the 1993 AFC Championship wasn't necessary.

That's why I SO thoroughly enjoyed the Chiefs 38-5 drubbing of the Bills on a Sunday night game in 2003. And I hope Buffalo never sees any post-season success ever again.
    Is this what you're referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Is this what you're referring to?
    I'm sorry...but watching that clip...what a dismal way to end such a great season. To me it looks like he slammed his head against a very frigid astroturf field, with some help from three Bills. They struggled with Montana and without him during that whole game. Remember Krieg scoring a TD and really threading a needle to get a first down at one point. Yes, Anders should've caught that (&*%&^%!! pass. Watching that clip is like watching "Titanic" and hoping the boat will somehow make it.

Not sure if I hate Buffalo or not, maybe it's just a strong dislike because of the fact they'd play so well in the playoffs only to choke big time in super bowl (s). They're going to be tough defensively.

Looks like both vids have been removed from You Tube.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    I don't know about anybody else, but I am worried sick about the Bills. I think this game has trap with a capitol T written all over it....

Your thoughts?
    I don't see it as a trap game because the Chiefs have a bye next week so they aren't looking ahead to the Donks, yet. If the Bills were a team that we had beaten a lot in the past, the Chiefs might be overconfident and underestimate them, but that is definitely not the case. And ESPN/KC Star Chiefs analyst Adam Teicher agrees with me (smart man!)

Don't expect letdown from these Chiefs

[T]he talk of a trap game between now and the Nov. 17 meeting with the Broncos in Denver seems silly. The Chiefs’ ability to focus on the task at hand has been extraordinary. The Chiefs haven’t always played at their peak in their seven games but the effort and the attention to detail has been a constant.
    So go ahead and dismiss any talk of a trap game. If the Browns and/or Bills beat the Chiefs, it will happen because they earned it, not because the Chiefs were eyeing bigger prizes down the road. read more
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post

I'm not so much worried if the Chiefs don't win as they'll still be 8-1. The question will be, can they bounce back from it?
    There is so much pressure on a team being undefeated this late in the season and every team they see gives them their very best effort. I never want to see the Chiefs lose, but if they weren't only 1 game ahead of the Broncos I would almost say that a loss would do them good. Normally that first loss can take the pressure off of trying to stay undefeated, highlight areas where a team needs to work on their weaknesses and get the players to work that much harder to win their remaining games. But with a game against Denver in Denver looming on the horizon, they can't afford to lose this one. I'm not saying this is a "must win" but they would be a lot better off going in to Denver with a 1 (or more) game lead.

There is a good chance the Chiefs could lose this game. It's so hard to stay undefeated, but this is a game they should win.

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    Because KC has done such a great job against QB who they should of destroyed..............campbell, rookie from houston

The D has trouble against Mobile QBs

Any given sunday
    I'm not sure what makes you think Lewis is a mobile QB. If you mean a QB who can get yards running the ball (like Vick, Newton, Griffin), that's not him. In the 3 games he has started: Cincy--7 carries for 17 yds (2.4 ypc), Miami--5 carries for 13 yds (2.5 ypc) and NO--2 carries for 5 yds. If you mean he's good at escaping pressure and avoiding the sack, that's not him either: Cincy--5 sacks, Miami--4 sacks and NO--4 sacks. Our defense should be able to get to him a number of times.

I disagree with your assertion that the Chiefs have had trouble with mobile quarterbacks, this year (they beat them all), but even if that were the case, I don't see how you can call Lewis a mobile QB.

our D will be fine and should contain the bills offense....the problem may be weather our offense can score on the bills defense...this is a little better D than the browns so I expect a turnover changing game. lets hope that ball bounces our way.........btw vegas does't post odds based on the better team, only the way the betting is going
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Topeka....on the subject of "trap games".....I think a team can get trapped by a team when the following week is a bye. We've got players that are dinged up and playing hurt and I'm sure the entire team is looking forward to the break. Can't that be as much of a 'trap" as looking forward to an important game?

i dont think its the stress of being undefeated, its the stress that peobably only one team from our division will make playoffs and were only 1 game up.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast