Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25

Thread: Regarding Gonzalez aka Greetings from Atlanta

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    2
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Default Regarding Gonzalez aka Greetings from Atlanta


    0 Not allowed!
    Greetings from Atlanta.

    Obvious that the Falcons season is a train wreck due to injuries
    and questionable drafting by Dimitroff.

    Tony has brought us many spectacular plays and he is still playing at a very high level
    in spite of missing training camp.

    Many Falcon Fans really appreciate what the man has brought to the team and
    in his final season it makes most of us sick to the stomach to see him
    trapped with a team that will be drafting #8 overall.

    We want this guy to exit the game with a team that has a strong chance to
    play for the Lombardi, and the Chiefs are in a very good place right now.

    Tony has stated that he has no desire to be traded away from his team mates in Atlanta (mostly Ryan)
    and is not going to throw us under the bus.
    The guy has Class.

    If we just cut him the the Jags will have first dibbies on him.

    Trading for draft picks is a bit much being that this is his final season
    and we are paying his azz $7mil.
    So I am thinking a 7th ?? or a player off your roster.
    We need defensive help,,and I am betting that your scrubs are better than ours.

    Any thoughts?
    or do I have to emotionally hold the Donks (Denver) over your heads..

    Yaeh yeah yeah,,, I know that was a cheap shot, but for the sake of Gonzalez
    I just had to ;)

    Cheers

    Any of y'all remember the Atlanta Cheifs?

  2. #11
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Miles City, Montana
    Posts
    1,590
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58
    Given: 120

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    It's over, deadline past, no trade

    NFL has the least exciting trade deadline in sports

  3. #12
    Member Since
    Oct 2007
    Location
    tucson
    Posts
    4,296
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    we could trade you another tony..moeiaki?? opps he is already gone.... i'd love to have tony g back, but i dont think falcons are gonna let him go.. he better retire a chief though!!!!!!!!!!!!

  4. #13
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Falls Village, Ct
    Posts
    3,513
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 323
    Given: 322

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    karst41....

    Thanks for stopping in and being positive and polite.

    The deadline is past now so it ain't going to happen, but the TG back to KC scenario has been heating up boards everywhere. A lot of Chiefs fans really want to see TG back in red and gold and tearing defenses up at Arrowhead....at least one more time. As a sentimental old softie I would have loved to have seen it if the price was right.

    But this season is the end for TG in Atlanta. Next year he will be a free agent. Maybe we'll get to see him in red and gold again. Wouldn't that be a kick!

    But y'know, sentiment aside, I think TG is like that REALLY BLAZING HOT girl we all dated at one point of another....He has moved on and as a business so have the Chiefs. Sheds a bit of a tear for what could have been.

  5. #14
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    2,934
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 113
    Given: 3

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    It's over, deadline past, no trade

    NFL has the least exciting trade deadline in sports
    For obvious resons. You don't trade for a player and insert them in the line up that same week and expect full participation. They still have to learn the the plays, and gel with the players, and build chemistry.

    Like it or not, Sean McGrath appears to be a locker room type of guy and gets along with the players. Benching him when he came through for this team to help them get to 8-0 when we needed help in favor of a player who will only be here for 8 games is kind of burning a bridge when the real problem is not the weapons catching the ball, but rather the protection allowing the thrower to ge the ball to them.

    Alex had time in the first half and the offense moved the ball on every single snap. Second half he was running for his life and the offense died. Other than helping out by Blocking, I don't see how Tony G fixes that problem.

  6. #15
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Miles City, Montana
    Posts
    1,590
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58
    Given: 120

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    For obvious resons. You don't trade for a player and insert them in the line up that same week and expect full participation. They still have to learn the the plays, and gel with the players, and build chemistry.

    Like it or not, Sean McGrath appears to be a locker room type of guy and gets along with the players. Benching him when he came through for this team to help them get to 8-0 when we needed help in favor of a player who will only be here for 8 games is kind of burning a bridge when the real problem is not the weapons catching the ball, but rather the protection allowing the thrower to ge the ball to them.

    Alex had time in the first half and the offense moved the ball on every single snap. Second half he was running for his life and the offense died. Other than helping out by Blocking, I don't see how Tony G fixes that problem.
    I understand that

    The o-line is a problem but the other problem is a lot of players are not getting seperation (Alex running is just not because of the line), and some of the problem is alex just not geting the ball in the WRs hands when they're open.

  7. #16
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Falls Village, Ct
    Posts
    3,513
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 323
    Given: 322

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I could use some education here because I am not very familiar with a lot of NFL contract law.....

    1) TG's contract ends at the end of this season.

    2) With Atlanta falling apart, I assume he will retire at the end of this season.

    3) Would that make him a free agent next year and free to sign a 1 year contract with the Chiefs to try for one last run at the Super Bowl or would we have to compensate Atlanta in some way if we signed him for a 1 year contract?

    Can somebody educate me please?

  8. #17
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    2,934
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 113
    Given: 3

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    I could use some education here because I am not very familiar with a lot of NFL contract law.....

    1) TG's contract ends at the end of this season.

    2) With Atlanta falling apart, I assume he will retire at the end of this season.

    3) Would that make him a free agent next year and free to sign a 1 year contract with the Chiefs to try for one last run at the Super Bowl or would we have to compensate Atlanta in some way if we signed him for a 1 year contract?

    Can somebody educate me please?
    TG had retired last year, but since they were so close to making it to the Superbowl he signed a one year deal to give it one more shot. He will retire after this year, unless he gets the Brett Farve itch... TG has been talking retirment two years before leaving KC.

  9. #18
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Falls Village, Ct
    Posts
    3,513
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 323
    Given: 322

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I'm aware of that. But do you have any answers regarding the questions I asked about next year? He's going to retire. No doubt. But would he then truly be a free agent that the Chiefs could negotiate with without owing Atlanta any compensation? In other words, could he come out of retirement, sign with the Chiefs and the Chiefs not owe Atlanta anything? Maybe I'm crazy, but if we get close this year I don't see this as a farfetched scenario if we don't have to compensate Atlanta in any way. TG is still dreaming about that ring and I don't have a hard time imagining his taking one more shot at it the way he did last year. Lord knows he still has some gas in the tank.

  10. #19
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,104
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 83
    Given: 132

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    I'm aware of that. But do you have any answers regarding the questions I asked about next year? He's going to retire. No doubt. But would he then truly be a free agent that the Chiefs could negotiate with without owing Atlanta any compensation? In other words, could he come out of retirement, sign with the Chiefs and the Chiefs not owe Atlanta anything? Maybe I'm crazy, but if we get close this year I don't see this as a farfetched scenario if we don't have to compensate Atlanta in any way. TG is still dreaming about that ring and I don't have a hard time imagining his taking one more shot at it the way he did last year. Lord knows he still has some gas in the tank.

    Whether he retires or not, he is a free agent at the end of the year, meaning he could sign with anyone, and Atlanta would receive nothing in compensation from us (if he signed with us, they would probably be awarded a compensatory pick, but that comes from the league, not us).

  11. #20
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Falls Village, Ct
    Posts
    3,513
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 323
    Given: 322

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Thanks jap1!!! I thought that was the case but I don't know contract rules well enough to be sure. I don't see Dorsey giving up a pick for a 1 year player, but if all he cost us was the cash for a 1 year contract then it becomes an interesting idea....becomes a matter of how badly TG wants that ring. I wonder??????

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Any fans in Atlanta
    By Hank Plumberg in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-03-2013, 05:57 PM
  2. TG TO ATLANTA 2nd round
    By jb908 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: 05-01-2009, 02:06 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •