Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Regarding Gonzalez aka Greetings from Atlanta

Default Regarding Gonzalez aka Greetings from Atlanta

Greetings from Atlanta.

Obvious that the Falcons season is a train wreck due to injuries
    and questionable drafting by Dimitroff.

Tony has brought us many spectacular plays and he is still playing at a very high level
    in spite of missing training camp.

Many Falcon Fans really appreciate what the man has brought to the team and
    in his final season it makes most of us sick to the stomach to see him
    trapped with a team that will be drafting #8 overall.

We want this guy to exit the game with a team that has a strong chance to
    play for the Lombardi, and the Chiefs are in a very good place right now.

Tony has stated that he has no desire to be traded away from his team mates in Atlanta (mostly Ryan)
    and is not going to throw us under the bus.
    The guy has Class.

If we just cut him the the Jags will have first dibbies on him.

Trading for draft picks is a bit much being that this is his final season
    and we are paying his azz $7mil.
    So I am thinking a 7th ?? or a player off your roster.
    We need defensive help,,and I am betting that your scrubs are better than ours.

Any thoughts?
    or do I have to emotionally hold the Donks (Denver) over your heads..

Yaeh yeah yeah,,, I know that was a cheap shot, but for the sake of Gonzalez
    I just had to ;)

Cheers

Any of y'all remember the Atlanta Cheifs?

I personally like all of our players on Defense and do not want to part ways with any off them, but I guess we could part ways with Dunta Robinson straight up for Tony G. I mean the Falcons are still paying him anyway, Right.

While I know many want Tony G to be on this team. I would not give up anything but a 7th rounder for him and then immediately trade for Josh Gordon from Cleveland.

Our receiver set would be Gordon, Bowe with Tony G in slot and Fasano on the line. With J Charles in the back field.

Robinson???

Ok I deserved that for throwing the Donks in your face,,fair enough )

We are up against the cap so it would need to be an expensive player with very little time left on their contract. Probably would need to be someone like Tyson Jackson or Branden Albert. Those are the only two viable options I can think of unless it is a multiple player trade. Given our offensive line struggles, it seems like Tyson Jackson is really the only viable option.

The Chiefs aren't going to give up a draft pick and a player for TG, in my opinion it would be one or the other not both.

Would you be in favor of trading Tyson Jackson for Tony Gonzalez? I might be. TJ will likely not get a new deal in a KC anyhow.
    Last edited by Coach; 10-29-2013 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    We are up against the cap so it would need to be an expensive player with very little time left on their contract. Probably would need to be someone like Tyson Jackson or Branden Albert. Those are the only two viable options I can think of unless it is a multiple player trade. Given our offensive line struggles, it seems like Tyson Jackson is really the only viable option.

The Chiefs aren't going to give up a draft pick and a player for TG, in my opinion it would be one or the other not both.

Would you be in favor of trading Tyson Jackson for Tony Gonzalez? I might be. TJ will likely not get a new deal in a KC anyhow.
    I cant see this chiefs regime giving up any of its current or future talent potential for a one-off, half a season deal for gonzo, as good as he is, i just dont see it happening. the chiefs would love to take him, sure, but i think the chiefs are even more reluctant to give up anything for almost anyone right now than the falcons are on giving up gonzo.

I call this rumor a dud that doesnt pan out for us. maybe for another team though, who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post

Dowr hae anyone who can immediately put at Jackson's DE position that can play at his level?

were getting rid of Albert this offseason I believe I think he's the better viable option Stephenson already proved himself to be able to pick up in his absense. Would be pla perfect time being we have our bye week and we can plug and practice before we plug and play

If anything is going to happen, it has to happen in the next 45 minutes. the trade deadline is today at 2 pm central time.

I think we'll stand pat, though.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

I can say this, if we pick someone up before the deadline I believe our coaches are going for the Super Bowl this year if not we will be building for the future

Falcons - "hey tony, we want you to come back, we were so close last year"

Tony -"i don't know"

F - "come on man, we'll be better this year"

T- "okay!"

2-6 later

T - "you know what would be great, if i ended my career in KC and you guys got a draft pick out of it"

F - "uhhh.... NO you're staying with us forever, and you'll never leave"

its still in the news

: Oct. 29, 2013 at 10:07 a.m. Updated: Oct. 29, 2013 at 02:59 p.m.

Tony Gonzalez open to trade, but Falcons won't do it

story
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast