Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Webnews: Chiefs-Broncos get flexed onto Sunday Night Football

Thumbs Up
    Received: 87
    Given: 30

Post Webnews: Chiefs-Broncos get flexed onto Sunday Night Football

0 Not allowed!
    By Darin Gantt
    Going into the season, there were reasons to think the Chiefs would be better, namely because they could barely be worse than in 2012. But now that they’re perfect, they’re suddenly a prime time draw. The NFL announced the Week 11 Chiefs-Broncos game on Nov. 17 has been drawn as the first flex-scheduled game of… Read more…

Thumbs Up
    Received: 119
    Given: 166

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    In that event, keep recording them on your DVR and wait till the season is over before watching them. Especially BOTH of the games against the Donkeys.
    I know. The one year the games are being shown where I live ... I cant watch! Frustrating!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 281
    Given: 888

1 Not allowed!
    Kiss my arse. Being shifted to a national TV game most likely means the Donkeys will have the officials in their hip pocket for this game. It seems like all the national media wants to see the Donks wax the Chiefs in that game & now they want it in a nationally televised game.

Something isn't right here & we could be seeing a replay of '97 and '98 all over again.
    Getting really, really fed up with the media hype that's surrounding the Chiefs/Broncos' matchup. It's a given that there's going to be a certain amount of fanfare surrounding it, but so much that the league needs to change it's schedule? And what if it doesn't work out the way the league/media wants (For example, they go to all the trouble to put the game on prime time, only to have Manning go down with an injury the game before)?

Thumbs Up
    Received: 89
    Given: 81

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Getting really, really fed up with the media hype that's surrounding the Chiefs/Broncos' matchup. It's a given that there's going to be a certain amount of fanfare surrounding it, but so much that the league needs to change it's schedule? And what if it doesn't work out the way the league/media wants (For example, they go to all the trouble to put the game on prime time, only to have Manning go down with an injury the game before)?
    Then they'll just switch it back of course

Thumbs Up
    Received: 237
    Given: 61

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    Then they'll just switch it back of course
    They can't switch without at least 12 days notice except for week 17 when they only have to give 6 days notice.

Also according to league rules no team can be scheduled for more than 5 prime-time games, except 3 teams can be scheduled for 6 PT games. The Broncos already are scheduled for 5 PT games--week 1, 3, 7, 12 and 15 so this would give them 6. I don't think they could be flexed into another Sunday night game, but I'm not sure if the limit includes flex games. I'm trying to find it on google. Does anyone know for sure?
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    MatthewsChiefs can't stand MatthewsChiefs

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Found it. According to KCTC5.com, "The Broncos originally had five scheduled primetime games when the NFL schedule came on. This will now put them at the league-maximum of six games." (article)

So that means they can't put the Donks on Sunday night again other than the already scheduled week 12 match-against the Pats. In week 15 they play on Thursday Night and that can't be changed. I guess they could Put another game on Sunday night in week 12 and put the Broncos on a different week, but I don't see them moving Manning vs. Brady.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 92
    Given: 46

0 Not allowed!
    wonder if it gets flexed to Arrrowhead
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Thumbs Up
    Received: 666
    Given: 823

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    You and me both. This game is not the Super Bowl. There's too damn much media hype being put into this game on Nov 17 and it's not necessarily going to depict what's going to happen in the post-season. There's still a rematch at Arrowhead on Dec 1. and there could be a 3rd meeting between the two teams in the post-season.

It's as if a lot of the national media -- led by ex-Donkeys like Terrell Davis, Shannon Sharpe, and Tom Jackson -- want to see the the Chiefs get spanked by the Donks in the Nov 17 game ( it's said the Donks are a 10-point favorites ) just so they can continue hyping the Donkeys up.

I had stated before a possible scenario of the Chiefs losing both regular season meetings with the Donkeys, but the Chiefs getting a 3rd crack at the Donkeys in the post-season & BEATING THE DONKEYS. If that happens, it will clearly show that this Nov. 17 matchup is being way over-hyped. Not saying it isn't an important game. I'm saying that they are ALL equally important.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 92
    Given: 46

0 Not allowed!
    I hope its a foot a snow and 15 below
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 9

0 Not allowed!
    Nothing worse for me to be honest, that means it's starting at between 12-1 am over here.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

It's as if a lot of the national media -- led by ex-Donkeys like Terrell Davis, Shannon Sharpe, and Tom Jackson -- want to see the the Chiefs get spanked by the Donks in the Nov 17 game ( it's said the Donks are a 10-point favorites ) just so they can continue hyping the Donkeys up.

I don't really see it that way. The Packers/Giants game is going to be a blowout, most likely. Flex scheduling was adopted so that NBC could televise good games that everyone will want to watch. The Best team in the NFL vs. the best quarterback in the NFL would be one of those games. The only other game that week that might come close to being as much of a marquis match-up as this one is the Saints/49ers game, but that wouldn't draw the ratings that the Chiefs and Broncos will, especially if the Chiefs are still undefeated.

The Chiefs and Broncos have both had weak schedules this year but the perception (rightly or wrongly) is that the Broncos are very good and the Chiefs are ... unproven. Denver went 13-3 last year while the Chiefs were 2-14, so in the public's minds, the Broncos have proven themselves and the Chiefs have not.

This game will give the Chiefs the chance to show America that they really are as good as we homers think they are. If the Chiefs win or keep the game close they will start being seen as a serious Super Bowl contender and not just a team with a great defense that has taken advantage of a weak schedule and a few lucky plays.

I don't think it is some kind of conspiracy by "Chiefs haters" to make us look bad. I think the NFL truly believes it will be the best game of the week. And it probably will be.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast