Thread: Eagle's Nick Foles (7) Seven TD passes at Oakland

Default Eagle's Nick Foles (7) Seven TD passes at Oakland

SHEESH !!

Very impressive. Much more so than Manning's 7 at Denver.

Some of us wanted Andy Reid to bring Foles with him to KC.

Your thoughts?
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 11-03-2013 at 07:00 PM.

Yes. He should have.

^^Yes, I would have liked Foles to come, as well. However, the Chiefs may have a similar guy already in Tyler Bray.

I think it says more about the vulnerability of the Raiders against the passing attack than about Foles. A couple weeks ago he put up a pretty ugly game. I'm satisfied with Smith. Reid knew the most about Foles's abilities. If he thought he was better than Smith, we would have made a move for him. He gave up a lot for Smith (2 2nd rounders), so if he thought Foles was legit, he would have made a similar if not better offer.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    I think it says more about the vulnerability of the Raiders against the passing attack than about Foles. A couple weeks ago he put up a pretty ugly game. I'm satisfied with Smith. Reid knew the most about Foles's abilities. If he thought he was better than Smith, we would have made a move for him. He gave up a lot for Smith (2 2nd rounders), so if he thought Foles was legit, he would have made a similar if not better offer.
    Good point. Smith was a proven winning veteran and Foles wasn't so that probably swayed Reid's decision. Plus, Bray is very much like Foles, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    It's possible that the Eagles front office simply said "no way", knowing that they might need a good backup to Vick. Reid wasted no time going after Smith. At 9-0, not real sure why it's even an issue! With that being said, I think that Foles (like many other Reid QB's) is going to be a sought after free agent when his contract's up.