Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 71

Thread: Donks game #1 discussion thread....

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Falls Village, Ct
    Posts
    3,399
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 309
    Given: 304

    Default Donks game #1 discussion thread....


    2 Not allowed!
    We've been talking about this game in just about every thread for weeks now so I figure it's time this game had it's own thread.

    For the last several weeks I have been worried sick about almost every game, but for some reason I'm feeling fairly good about this one. Maybe it's because it's still 2 weeks 'till the game. Maybe it's because there is no way this game has the potential to be a trap. Maybe it's because there is not going to be some unknown QB with no film available. Maybe It's because our Defense seems to have been almost "custom built" to face Denver. Maybe it's because of Reid's excellent record coming off a bye week (he's 13-1 coming off the bye). Maybe it's because most of our team has played these Broncos before. Maybe I am just crazy.

    The Good.........

    Reid's teams are consistently well-prepared coming off a bye week.

    Sutton will have plenty of time to prepare a game plan for the Donks.

    While our Defense has been starting slow the last few weeks, so has the Donks Offense. 6 of their 8 wins have come when the Donks have blown out their opponent in the second half. And the second half has been when our Defense decides it's "Git-R-Done time". Our Defense should be going 110% right about when the Donks start clicking. I feel pretty good about that match-up.

    The Donks defense doesn't suck, but they are no world beaters. If our Defense is playing well, and our Offense is playing well, we can score just as many points as the Donks do.

    To win this game we are going to need our best effort yet from our Defense, Special Teams and Offense, but I think we are going to see that.

    Our Defense should be able to keep this game close and as we all know by now if a game is close going into the 4th quarter we have a habit of winning.

    The Bad......

    The game is in Denver and their crowd should be amped up. These teams hate each other and their fans are HUGELY PISHED OFF that they are 8-1 while we are 9-0. Their fans are going to be LOUD.

    The Donks offense is good and can score a lot of points in the blink of an eye. I have not yet seen anything from our offense that suggests they would know how to come back if we got down by more than 2 touchdowns.

    Our offense has not been making a lot of progress the last few weeks, although I have seen more willingness for them to throw downfield...and I think we will NEED at least a couple of long gainers to win this game.

    Reid went all pass-happy on us yesterday against the Bills in the first half. I think the pass to run ratio for the first half was 27-7. We won't beat the Donks that way. I love Andy Reid, but I worry that he will look at the Donks vs Cowboys and Donks vs Colts games and think we can beat them in a gun-slingers duel. I think a balanced run and pass game is the only way we can beat the Donks and I'm worried Reid will go cuckoo on us. If we are going to win this game we MUST get a running game of some sort going early in the game so that Alex Smith will have some time when he throws.

    No predictions from me, but I think this is a game we can win and if we do then we will truly be in control of our own destiny.

    GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!

  2. #31
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,040
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 542
    Given: 745

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    That is SO RIGHT!!!!! Damned Zebras will be doing their best to look out for the Brokeneck Donkeys"!
    They already have & I saw evidence of that in the Donks last game against the Skins. Their two outside guys Orakpo and Kerrigan were getting constant pressure on Manning through 2 1/2 QTR's and then the Broncos resorted to holding to stop them and were allowed to get away with it. Same as in '97 and '98 to help Turd Elway in his last two seasons.

    I still say that if any Chiefs defenders get a chance to hit Manning hard, then take it, regardless of any penalties, fines, etc. Guys like Montana, Dawson, Blanda, and other QB's that played in their late 30's were never protected by the refs and were subject to taking the same type of hits as QB's in their early 20's.

  3. #32
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Falls Village, Ct
    Posts
    3,399
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 309
    Given: 304

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    Unless we fix our offense and pass rush. Don't think we can fix offense with players we have in 2 weeks.. 32-17 L
    You will either be right or we will win in a very close game. I figure it is 50-50 which way it goes.

  4. #33
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Falls Village, Ct
    Posts
    3,399
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 309
    Given: 304

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    They already have & I saw evidence of that in the Donks last game against the Skins. Their two outside guys Orakpo and Kerrigan were getting constant pressure on Manning through 2 1/2 QTR's and then the Broncos resorted to holding to stop them and were allowed to get away with it. Same as in '97 and '98 to help Turd Elway in his last two seasons.

    I still say that if any Chiefs defenders get a chance to hit Manning hard, then take it, regardless of any penalties, fines, etc. Guys like Montana, Dawson, Blanda, and other QB's that played in their late 30's were never protected by the refs and were subject to taking the same type of hits as QB's in their early 20's.
    You're a damned throwback!!! You want the NFL to play football not favorites!!! Don't you know that isn't good for "the bottom line"?

    Wassa matta you? Donchew know its all about duh cash? Duh game is just de excuse for duh suckers.

    Sorry....just acting out a little. While I sometimes think your conspiracy theories about '97 and '98 go a little far, I do believe that there was more going on then than just a football game.

    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    still say that if any Chiefs defenders get a chance to hit Manning hard, then take it, regardless of any penalties, fines, etc. Guys like Montana, Dawson, Blanda, and other QB's that played in their late 30's were never protected by the refs and were subject to taking the same type of hits as QB's in their early 20's.
    You're damned right!!!!! Professional football is a violent contact sport. A sport of hard hits and busted up bodies. The rules are rules and that is fine, but Manning is fair game. Anybody that gets a chance to put a hit on him should put every bit of violence they can find into it. If the zebras whine about it then Tango Sierra! After that "roughing" call in Buffalo they might as well get penalized or fined for really doing some damage rather than pulling their punches.

    One quibble though.....Wasn't Blanda taking hits and throwing passes well into his 40s? I seem to recall him kicking field goals and throwing passes at 43.....but then, my memory ain't what it used to be.

  5. #34
    Member Since
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,161
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 226
    Given: 662

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    They already have & I saw evidence of that in the Donks last game against the Skins. Their two outside guys Orakpo and Kerrigan were getting constant pressure on Manning through 2 1/2 QTR's and then the Broncos resorted to holding to stop them and were allowed to get away with it. Same as in '97 and '98 to help Turd Elway in his last two seasons.

    I still say that if any Chiefs defenders get a chance to hit Manning hard, then take it, regardless of any penalties, fines, etc. Guys like Montana, Dawson, Blanda, and other QB's that played in their late 30's were never protected by the refs and were subject to taking the same type of hits as QB's in their early 20's.
    Although I don't agree with the idea of cheap shots (but if you're listening San Diego, please take as many as you like) if it's needed I say go for an academy award trying to point out anything that looks like a hold or pass interference. Complain to the point where sooner or later it HAS to be called, and when it does, go for broke trying to plant Manning's butt in the turf. That's fair game, considering these douchebags will probably show up with vaseline on their jerseys, anyway.

  6. #35
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,040
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 542
    Given: 745

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post

    While I sometimes think your conspiracy theories about '97 and '98 go a little far, I do believe that there was more going on then than just a football game.
    Here's part of the proof right here:

    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2004Sep17.html

    And I can go on and on with a list of other examples. I'll never let Marty off the hook for what he did in that 1997 playoff game -- specifically not letting Rich Gannon play in that game. Gannon should have been in the game after the first two Offensive series when Grbac failed to score. Marty gave that game to the Donks. Marty also made the stupid statement in 1999 about "Elway being the best QB ever". How could Marty, having had Joe Montana play for him for two seasons, make a sick statement like that? Dallas HOF DB Mel Renfro doesn't agree with Marty and called Montana the best ever and Renfro played many years with Roger Staubach ( who was also a better QB than Turd Elway ).

    Oh, and Blanda played all the way up to age 48.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Although I don't agree with the idea of cheap shots (but if you're listening San Diego, please take as many as you like) if it's needed I say go for an academy award trying to point out anything that looks like a hold or pass interference. Complain to the point where sooner or later it HAS to be called, and when it does, go for broke trying to plant Manning's butt in the turf. That's fair game, considering these douchebags will probably show up with vaseline on their jerseys, anyway.
    I would like for all Chiefs fans at this site to watch closely and see if Hali and others get held quite frequently. I'll bet it happens and the Donkeys get away with it, while you can bet the Chiefs O-Line will get flagged for it if they do it.

    Yes, I remember the vaseline in the 1997 playoff game. All of those culprits should have been ejected from the game, but they weren't even made to take those jerseys off. They wiped them a towel & the refs thought that was sufficient.

  7. #36
    Member Since
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Topeka< KS
    Posts
    2,303
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 211
    Given: 58

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    I just want to point out that the Bears beat the Packers last night, 27-20. They won in spite of the fact that their starting QB, Jay Cutler, their #1 tackler, Lance Briggs and their best pass rusher/sack master Henry Melton were out with injuries. The Bears were double digit underdogs but at the end of the Packers first drive, LDE Shea McClellin knocked Aaron Rodgers out of the game, injuring his shoulder with a good clean legal tackle.

    What does this have to do with the Chiefs? It just shows you that you can't count any team out of any game. The Bears were coming off of a bye and the Chiefs will be coming off a bye to face the Broncos.

    And that wasn't the only big upset this week. The Jets (+6.5) beat the Saints, The Eagles (+2.5) throttled the Raiders 49-20, and the Browns (+2.5) beat the Ravens. Tampa Bay (0-8) was a 16.5 point underdog to the Seahawks and only lost by 3 and Houston nearly upset the Colts.

    Now, I'm not suggesting that the Chiefs have to knock Peyton out of the game to win. I really think we can win with both teams at full strength, but there is so much parity (i.e., mediocrity) in the NFL this year that any team can win any game. The Broncos also still have to play the Chargers and who knows what is going to happen there.

    Any given Sunday (night)!
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

    Originally Posted by Name Withheld
    I don't think anything that's what wrong is nearly Smiths Falls we have no offense of line I think the coaches are free to call certain place I think he would absolutely do better with a different office of coordinator

  8. #37
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    kansas city
    Posts
    2,028
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 83
    Given: 46

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    I just want to point out that the Bears beat the Packers last night, 27-20. They won in spite of the fact that their starting QB, Jay Cutler, their #1 tackler, Lance Briggs and their best pass rusher/sack master Henry Melton were out with injuries. The Bears were double digit underdogs but at the end of the Packers first drive, LDE Shea McClellin knocked Aaron Rodgers out of the game, injuring his shoulder with a good clean legal tackle.

    What does this have to do with the Chiefs? It just shows you that you can't count any team out of any game. The Bears were coming off of a bye and the Chiefs will be coming off a bye to face the Broncos.

    And that wasn't the only big upset this week. The Jets (+6.5) beat the Saints, The Eagles (+2.5) throttled the Raiders 49-20, and the Browns (+2.5) beat the Ravens. Tampa Bay (0-8) was a 16.5 point underdog to the Seahawks and only lost by 3 and Houston nearly upset the Colts.

    Now, I'm not suggesting that the Chiefs have to knock Peyton out of the game to win. I really think we can win with both teams at full strength, but there is so much parity (i.e., mediocrity) in the NFL this year that any team can win any game. The Broncos also still have to play the Chargers and who knows what is going to happen there.

    Any given Sunday (night)!
    Now, I'm not suggesting that the Chiefs have to knock Peyton out of the game to win.
    yeah we really do
    trust but verify
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

  9. #38
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    kansas city
    Posts
    2,028
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 83
    Given: 46

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    trust but verify
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

  10. #39
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Falls Village, Ct
    Posts
    3,399
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 309
    Given: 304

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by kcvet View Post
    NICE!!!!!

  11. #40
    Member Since
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    14
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Here's what I want to see. I dont think KC can beat Denver playing the game plan we have been playing. I do however think it works on 75% of the other teams though. With that being said...I want to see the chiefs play Denver in 2 weeks like they have nothing to lose. I want to see a completely different game plan. I want to see the D blitz more times than ever. So what if he gains 5-10 here and there, it's Denver, its going to happen But, Mannings *** is going to be on the ground a lot. Ware his *** out. On the other side i want to see Smith throw the ball downfield, see what happens. In fact, I want to see a strike from smith on the very first play from scrimmage. This is a game everyone thinks we will/should loose and I agree and I'm a huge optimist and a huge chiefs fan. Reid is a great coach and i've got to believe he has a plan, I just hope its not the same plan as the last 9 games.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Official Chiefs at Bills In-Game Discussion Thread--11/3
    By TopekaRoy in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 354
    Last Post: 11-04-2013, 06:01 AM
  2. Bills discussion thread......
    By ctchiefsfan in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 11-03-2013, 10:19 AM
  3. Kansas Chiefs Vs. Miami Dolphins Game Chat/Discussion Thread.
    By stricken721 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 170
    Last Post: 11-07-2011, 12:26 AM
  4. afc west game thread, donks, sparklers, faiders
    By Pro_Angler in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 10-24-2010, 07:52 PM
  5. Official Chiefs Crowd Chiefs vs Donks Game Thread***
    By Chiefster in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 191
    Last Post: 01-03-2010, 11:42 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •