Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Donks game #1 discussion thread....

Default Donks game #1 discussion thread....

We've been talking about this game in just about every thread for weeks now so I figure it's time this game had it's own thread.

For the last several weeks I have been worried sick about almost every game, but for some reason I'm feeling fairly good about this one. Maybe it's because it's still 2 weeks 'till the game. Maybe it's because there is no way this game has the potential to be a trap. Maybe it's because there is not going to be some unknown QB with no film available. Maybe It's because our Defense seems to have been almost "custom built" to face Denver. Maybe it's because of Reid's excellent record coming off a bye week (he's 13-1 coming off the bye). Maybe it's because most of our team has played these Broncos before. Maybe I am just crazy.

The Good.........

Reid's teams are consistently well-prepared coming off a bye week.

Sutton will have plenty of time to prepare a game plan for the Donks.

While our Defense has been starting slow the last few weeks, so has the Donks Offense. 6 of their 8 wins have come when the Donks have blown out their opponent in the second half. And the second half has been when our Defense decides it's "Git-R-Done time". Our Defense should be going 110% right about when the Donks start clicking. I feel pretty good about that match-up.

The Donks defense doesn't suck, but they are no world beaters. If our Defense is playing well, and our Offense is playing well, we can score just as many points as the Donks do.

To win this game we are going to need our best effort yet from our Defense, Special Teams and Offense, but I think we are going to see that.

Our Defense should be able to keep this game close and as we all know by now if a game is close going into the 4th quarter we have a habit of winning.

The Bad......

The game is in Denver and their crowd should be amped up. These teams hate each other and their fans are HUGELY PISHED OFF that they are 8-1 while we are 9-0. Their fans are going to be LOUD.

The Donks offense is good and can score a lot of points in the blink of an eye. I have not yet seen anything from our offense that suggests they would know how to come back if we got down by more than 2 touchdowns.

Our offense has not been making a lot of progress the last few weeks, although I have seen more willingness for them to throw downfield...and I think we will NEED at least a couple of long gainers to win this game.

Reid went all pass-happy on us yesterday against the Bills in the first half. I think the pass to run ratio for the first half was 27-7. We won't beat the Donks that way. I love Andy Reid, but I worry that he will look at the Donks vs Cowboys and Donks vs Colts games and think we can beat them in a gun-slingers duel. I think a balanced run and pass game is the only way we can beat the Donks and I'm worried Reid will go cuckoo on us. If we are going to win this game we MUST get a running game of some sort going early in the game so that Alex Smith will have some time when he throws.

No predictions from me, but I think this is a game we can win and if we do then we will truly be in control of our own destiny.

GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kearney View Post
    Here's what I want to see. I dont think KC can beat Denver playing the game plan we have been playing. I do however think it works on 75% of the other teams though. With that being said...I want to see the chiefs play Denver in 2 weeks like they have nothing to lose. I want to see a completely different game plan. I want to see the D blitz more times than ever. So what if he gains 5-10 here and there, it's Denver, its going to happen But, Mannings *** is going to be on the ground a lot. Ware his *** out. On the other side i want to see Smith throw the ball downfield, see what happens. In fact, I want to see a strike from smith on the very first play from scrimmage. This is a game everyone thinks we will/should loose and I agree and I'm a huge optimist and a huge chiefs fan. Reid is a great coach and i've got to believe he has a plan, I just hope its not the same plan as the last 9 games.
    and their D gave up 48 to Romeo then ran outta luck giving 39 away to Indy. is there there a problem there???
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Quote Originally Posted by kcvet View Post
    and their D gave up 48 to Romeo then ran outta luck giving 39 away to Indy. is there there a problem there???

Oh i know they have a problem there. Im just thinking if both teams play their curent A game then I predict Denver 28-31over the Chiefs 24-27. I just think something big has to change in the game plan for us to win in Denver. I dont want the hopes of Denver not playing their A game be the "plan".
    Last edited by Kearney; 11-05-2013 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kearney View Post
    Oh i know they have a problem there. Im just thinking if both teams play their curent A game then I predict Denver 28-31over the Chiefs 24-27. I just think something big has to change in the game plan for us to win in Denver. I dont want the hopes of Denver not playing their A game be the "plan".
    its called turn overs. and we lead the NFL
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

its called turn overs. and we lead the NFL

And I agree. But that means we have to count on them to win this game. I dont like it.

Another week, another backup QB dispatched with extreme prejudice,
    and another week that makes you wonder exactly what Alex Smith is capable of
    against an upper-echelon opponent that's going to take 24 points or more to
    beat. Putting the Chiefs higher than fourth basically certifies them as a
    favorite to reach the Super Bowl, so consider this. In 2000, Trent Dilfer of the
    Ravens was 20th in the league in yards per attempt among QBs who threw at least
    200 passes. In 2002, Brad Johnson was 16th. The Chiefs currently rank 31st, and
    that's only due to the pure havoc that Josh Freeman wrought on the Tampa Bay
    passing game. Even if you think the Chiefs D is the equal of all-time greats
    like the 2000 Ravens or 2002 Buccaneers, it's being asked to do even MORE heavy
    lifting than those units due to KC's punchless passing attack

read that on the sb nation

I, for one, would be dissapointed if Peyton were not to play the entire game against us.

I want to see how we stack up against top competition. I have seen plenty of backups. The postseason will require playing against the best. And the postseason is the goal now.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I, for one, would be dissapointed if Peyton were not to play the entire game against us.

I want to see how we stack up against top competition. I have seen plenty of backups. The postseason will require playing against the best. And the postseason is the goal now.
    well lets see if he's still standing after the bolts game

well lets see if he's still standing after the bolts game
    Agreed! A Dolts win Sunday would change the whole complexion of this game. If the Dolts were to pull out a win that would mean the Donks would no longer be playing us for a share of first place. If the Donks go into this game down by 2 games they will be deeply in the shi*.

here's what i expect to see in 2 weeks....the broncs score early and quick, the CHIEFS score on a long 10 or 12 play dink an dunk drive.....the broncs score quick again... the CHIEFS follow up w/another long drive...FG...then denver goes 3/out....CHIEFS long drive another FG....then the broncos score quick.....CHIEFS long drive TD....this goes on eventualy the CHIEFS have stayed within 10pts and in the 4th qtr this time the broncos D starts to tire, KC still fairly fresh and the game will go down to the wire
    .......yes i know u will mention the thin air will give denver a late game edge, but i am sure big red will have thought of that and got the team to denver early enough to adapt, especially cause of the bye week.
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

That is probably the way the game will have to go if we are to have a chance of winning. If we can stay close going into the 4th quarter then I like our chances. Just have to make sure we don't let them get up by more than 14 or maybe just a touch more. I just don't see us as a come from behind by 21 points sort of team. Not that we couldn't, but it would take almost a total collapse by the Donks for us to do it.
    Last edited by ctchiefsfan; 11-05-2013 at 07:50 PM.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast