Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: reaction to buffalo

Default reaction to buffalo

3 games in a row shows us some alarming trends with this kansas city football team.

The obvious:
    We are playing a solid defensive team who is starting their alternate alternate (alternate?) QB. Hes not a Case Keenum level prodigy, not someone most people have ever really heard of. Going into this game EVERYONE is expecting this kid to make some key mistakes against this Defense.

We have a history of losses at buffalo. Its a tough place to go in later in the season with the cold and come out with a victory. Chiefs have something of a 5 game losing streak there in the past decade (or something like that).

The Ugly:
    Offensively, this team has hit rock bottom. Each week seems like a regression, and this is not a QB problem at this point as smith has been pretty damn consistent in his play style whether hes facing big leads or dangerous deficits.

When you have 20 points in a football game by the mid 4th quarter and 6 of them have come off of offensive drives, you have a serious offensive impotency issue. Playcalling feels uninspiring and execution is inconsistent at best. Not one shot was made downfield or at the endzone this game and this is a tough problem to diagnose, largely because we do not know if the source of this is a reluctant quarterback, a lack of receiver speed or zero protection up front allowing for the deep ball. Considering ive seen smith with SOME decent time to throw today, this doesnt fall entirely on the offensive unit.

You cant win big ball games if you arent throwing or running footballs in the endzone.

Ive been fighting the 'chiefs suck' wave all season, but as the season goes on we're looking more like 2012 then we are the first 4 games of the year and im officially panicked.

Defenseively - How can you have a touted top ranked defense in the league and not have a single guy up front that can tackle either running back at the line? On the other hand, how does a defense consistently score as many or more points than the offense is beyond me.

As a whole this team is feeling eerily like a certain 2010 team that won a lot of games and also had a soft schedule and was completely exposed and regressed horribly as the season went on. They wound up getting completely destroyed by a league best level defense in the ravens at home.

We're 9-0 and i couldnt feel any less confident about who or what this team is.

Good post and I agree. This staff has got to figure out a way to get this offense into the end zone.
    SHUT IT

Dude all of what you said is a contradiction. Did you see the drops today? Bowes may have been a TD, Dexters is a TD. WE CONTINUE TO WIN WITH THINGS THAT SHOULD CAUSE US TO LOSE. It's destiny. Enjoy the freaking ride. We are 9 and 0 and you can't find it exciting. Get over yourself. This is a TEAM! We are 9 and 0 and you are seriously gonna knit pick a win. Please folks! This team is 9 and 0. Who gives a crap how we got there!

this is looking bad vs donks in 2 wks

but at least we now have a winning season
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

I don't agree at all. Not one bit. We were 2 and 14 last year we are 9 and 0. There is nothing and I mean nothing to be upset about. We find ways to win when last year we would have been buried. You all are taking it for granted. Seriously enjoy it. Can we get better. Absolutely. But a win is a win. And we have 9.

Yes look at what we had last year at this time! Sure we can and improve and need to improve but just look at how far we have come in one short year. Did any of us really really think we would win 9 games in the whole season, sure we hoped they would? I know I didn't. I figured we would be good to be 8-8 but right now the worse we could be is 9-7, I am happy with the season already, to me it is a success. Do I want to win the supper bowl, h3ll yes I do, if we don't will I be upset no. I expected it to take a couple of years to be were we are right now, but I will not rise my preseason expectations for the team just because they are already ahead if it, I am going to set back and enjoy the rest of the season. Even if we only win 3 more games we will be 12-4 not a bad season.

I like Andy Reid's gameplan...let the defense score all the TDs, makes for an interesting season. As long as our defense out scores the opposing offense we are winning! So our defense controls the game on both sides of the ball

Cool

A win 9-0 I really think we beat Denver-bye helps- Prime time tv yea.. No negative karma plz
    The only Racing Team that matters-HENDRICK MotorSports. 24\48\88\5.. I need another! :please: :
    I'm out..

1 Free "Get Out Of Mancard Violation" earned by braving The Black Hole as The Chiefs redeemed themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    I like Andy Reid's gameplan...let the defense score all the TDs, makes for an interesting season. As long as our defense out scores the opposing offense we are winning! So our defense controls the game on both sides of the ball
    beauty's only skin deep but this was ugly to the bone
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    I don't agree at all. Not one bit. We were 2 and 14 last year we are 9 and 0. There is nothing and I mean nothing to be upset about. We find ways to win when last year we would have been buried. You all are taking it for granted. Seriously enjoy it. Can we get better. Absolutely. But a win is a win. And we have 9.
    Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    Yes look at what we had last year at this time! Sure we can and improve and need to improve but just look at how far we have come in one short year. Did any of us really really think we would win 9 games in the whole season, sure we hoped they would? I know I didn't. I figured we would be good to be 8-8 but right now the worse we could be is 9-7, I am happy with the season already, to me it is a success. Do I want to win the supper bowl, h3ll yes I do, if we don't will I be upset no. I expected it to take a couple of years to be were we are right now, but I will not rise my preseason expectations for the team just because they are already ahead if it, I am going to set back and enjoy the rest of the season. Even if we only win 3 more games we will be 12-4 not a bad season.
    This and THIS !!

Pay the f$%* attention people and stay cautiously optimistic and take them down one game at a time.

Sure, I'd like to see the Offense do better. They've played some pretty good Defenses as of late, just in case some of you hadn't noticed. Maybe they'll get together, maybe they won't -- time will tell

Someone said this is like 2010. That's pure BULLSH!T !! People's examples listed below.

1. The 2010 squad was a Cinderella team that did NOT have the foundation in place that this 2013 Chiefs team has. The 2013 squad has a much better Front Office and Coaching staff and a lot better player personnel, overall.

2. The 2010 squad played the easiest schedule in team history & did not beat a single team with a winning reccord. That 2010 team was littered with stop-gap measure guys like Thomas Jones, Mike Vrabel, Chris Chambers, Casey Weigmann, Ryan Lilja, Brian Waters, Shaun Smith, etc -- guys that you knew were going to be gone by the end of 2012 at the latest. That's not the case with the current 2013 team.

3. That 2010 O-Line stunk and would have gotten totally demolished by the opposing Defensive Front 7's that the 2013 Chiefs O-Line has had to face thus far this year. I will grant you that the 2013 Chiefs O-Line has much room for improvement, but they've played much better opposing competition than the 2010 squad did.

Personally, I'm grateful for the 9-0 start in 2013. It's not every year that we see that, now is it? Everybody knew this was going to be a season of the new regime building the foundation of the Chiefs team. Not too bad thus far.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast