Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: Tamba Hali

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Lake Ozark, MO
    Posts
    1,786
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 3

    Default Tamba Hali


    0 Not allowed!
    Say what u want about Carl and Herm but they found a gem. Don't know if y'all got to watch him on ESPN today but man is the guy educated, well spoken, and soft spoken. My favorite chief for sure. That is all.

  2. #2
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Falls Village, Ct
    Posts
    4,087
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 360
    Given: 414

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    No doubt he was a great find! I was glad to see both Carl and Herm go, but not everything they did was bad.

  3. #3
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,445
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 105
    Given: 152

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Apparently Hali is a big tipper as well. And by big he likes to leave tips in the $1,000 dollar range at an average restaurant. When asked about it he said he is just trying to give back to the community and people who work just as hard as him who just werent as lucky as he was.

    All around a classy guy and great player. Not the most athletic player, but he has a motor and drive and gets after the QB.

  4. #4
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    7,413
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 63
    Given: 66

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    I met him at training camp his rookie year, he is indeed soft spoken and has a heart as big as his motor. He did not just sign an autograph for my daughter, he took time to talk to her.

  5. #5
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Lake Ozark, MO
    Posts
    1,786
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 3

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    I met him at training camp his rookie year, he is indeed soft spoken and has a heart as big as his motor. He did not just sign an autograph for my daughter, he took time to talk to her.
    Im sure there are others like him. Too bad the media can't spitlight athletes like him more often. The true sports role model. Even if he smokes a little weed.

  6. #6
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Falls Village, Ct
    Posts
    4,087
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 360
    Given: 414

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I just can't get too excited about someone using weed. Not my cup of tea, prefer beer and maybe a little whiskey if I am at home, but I just don't see it as being any worse than alcohol and it's pretty clear now that eventually it will be legalized so I just can't get my nickers in a twist about it. So long as you are an upstanding citizen I don't get too worried about whether someone used alcohol or weed to relax. For me it is about how one behaves that is important.

  7. #7
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,462
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 656
    Given: 814

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Good pick by Carl and Herm. He was the BPA and there weren't any O-Lineman available with that pick, even though replacements were needed for Willie Roaf and Will Shields.

    Hali had much to do with that pick-six by Sean Smith. Tuel didn't have time to look for Stevie Johnson and had to go to his first look or else Hali would have decked him for a loss. Go look at the play again and you will see.

    Denver's LT should not be able to block him. Clady had many troubles with Hali in the past and he won't even be there. I've seen the refs allow opponents to get away with holding Hali more than a few times this season & it'll probably happen again in Denver. Hali must plead his case to the officials and if they don't listen, then I hope Hali clobbers Manning if he gets a chance.

  8. #8
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Falls Village, Ct
    Posts
    4,087
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 360
    Given: 414

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Hali had much to do with that pick-six by Sean Smith. Tuel didn't have time to look for Stevie Johnson and had to go to his first look or else Hali would have decked him for a loss. Go look at the play again and you will see.
    Absolutely right. half second more and Tuel would have been eating turf.

    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Denver's LT should not be able to block him. Clady had many troubles with Hali in the past and he won't even be there. I've seen the refs allow opponents to get away with holding Hali more than a few times this season & it'll probably happen again in Denver. Hali must plead his case to the officials and if they don't listen, then I hope Hali clobbers Manning if he gets a chance.
    Agreed. If the damned zebras allow Hali to be held, there needs to come a point where he just decides to take the penalty in trade for a SERIOUS hit on Manning!

  9. #9
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,462
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 656
    Given: 814

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post

    Agreed. If the damned zebras allow Hali to be held, there needs to come a point where he just decides to take the penalty in trade for a SERIOUS hit on Manning!
    And not just Hali. The Chiefs coaches need to paying attention to this also. The Chiefs defenders need to plead their case to both the officials and the Chiefs coaches & if it becomes apparent that the refs aren't calling obvious holding, then it's time for the Chiefs to implement their own rules with rule #1 being to go after Manning and knock him out. If Denver can't play on a level playing field and under the same rules as the other 31 teams, with the correct and proper calls being made by the officials, then they aren't winning games outright -- which is exactly what happened in '97 and '98.

    I'm not saying the Donks didn't win both games outright against the Chiefs in 2012 -- they did. But, I've seen this movie before where they finished 13-3 and got first seed and then lost in the opening round ( in 1996 to the Jags and in 2012 to the Ravens ) and then the next season the playing field got tilted grossly in the Donkeys favor.

  10. #10
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,445
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 105
    Given: 152

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    And not just Hali. The Chiefs coaches need to paying attention to this also. The Chiefs defenders need to plead their case to both the officials and the Chiefs coaches & if it becomes apparent that the refs aren't calling obvious holding, then it's time for the Chiefs to implement their own rules with rule #1 being to go after Manning and knock him out. If Denver can't play on a level playing field and under the same rules as the other 31 teams, with the correct and proper calls being made by the officials, then they aren't winning games outright -- which is exactly what happened in '97 and '98.

    I'm not saying the Donks didn't win both games outright against the Chiefs in 2012 -- they did. But, I've seen this movie before where they finished 13-3 and got first seed and then lost in the opening round ( in 1996 to the Jags and in 2012 to the Ravens ) and then the next season the playing field got tilted grossly in the Donkeys favor.
    I disagree entirely. I'd rather lose with honor than take a cheapshot on Manning. If one of my players did that, he would be sitting the rest of the game. Plus imagine what all the talking heads would say: "well they won, but it is only because they took a dirty cheapshot on Manning. The Donks really should have been the #1 ranked team if the Chiefs weren't so dirty."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Tamba Hali 2010 Highlights
    By josh1971 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-15-2011, 10:41 PM
  2. Donte Moch + Tamba Hali = AWSOME
    By chiefnut in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-05-2011, 09:50 AM
  3. Tamba Hali
    By 4everchiefsfan25 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-28-2011, 06:50 PM
  4. Tamba Hali
    By complexrealmz in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-19-2009, 04:04 AM
  5. Tamba Hali
    By chief31 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-19-2006, 02:06 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •