Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tamba Hali

Default Tamba Hali

Say what u want about Carl and Herm but they found a gem. Don't know if y'all got to watch him on ESPN today but man is the guy educated, well spoken, and soft spoken. My favorite chief for sure. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Agreed. If the damned zebras allow Hali to be held, there needs to come a point where he just decides to take the penalty in trade for a SERIOUS hit on Manning!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    And not just Hali. The Chiefs coaches need to paying attention to this also. The Chiefs defenders need to plead their case to both the officials and the Chiefs coaches & if it becomes apparent that the refs aren't calling obvious holding, then it's time for the Chiefs to implement their own rules with rule #1 being to go after Manning and knock him out. If Denver can't play on a level playing field and under the same rules as the other 31 teams, with the correct and proper calls being made by the officials, then they aren't winning games outright -- which is exactly what happened in '97 and '98.

I'm not saying the Donks didn't win both games outright against the Chiefs in 2012 -- they did. But, I've seen this movie before where they finished 13-3 and got first seed and then lost in the opening round ( in 1996 to the Jags and in 2012 to the Ravens ) and then the next season the playing field got tilted grossly in the Donkeys favor.
    As far as making an illegal hit on Manning...eh, let some other team do that. However if holding is going on, have EVERY player and coach possible pointing it out to the refs. It's one thing for just one player to speak up, but when several players start pointing it out, it'll cause refs to look, as well as cameramen, and sooner or later it'll start getting called. When it's called, BLITZ. It'll force their linemen to either make another hold and take the penalty, or not hold and watch Manning take a legal hit.

Also consider this...I'd much rather face a demoralized Broncos team than an enraged one. If Manning's hit legally and goes out of the game because their linemen couldn't handle the D, it's demoralizing. If Manning's hit illegally, it'll tick off their team to the point where they'll start looking for payback in any way, shape or form.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    As far as making an illegal hit on Manning...eh, let some other team do that. However if holding is going on, have EVERY player and coach possible pointing it out to the refs. It's one thing for just one player to speak up, but when several players start pointing it out, it'll cause refs to look, as well as cameramen, and sooner or later it'll start getting called. When it's called, BLITZ. It'll force their linemen to either make another hold and take the penalty, or not hold and watch Manning take a legal hit.

Also consider this...I'd much rather face a demoralized Broncos team than an enraged one. If Manning's hit legally and goes out of the game because their linemen couldn't handle the D, it's demoralizing. If Manning's hit illegally, it'll tick off their team to the point where they'll start looking for payback in any way, shape or form.
    Personally, I'm not worried about the Donkeys being enraged & so much the better if they are. It's not OK for them to do illegal things & it seems to have become a Donkeys tradition. Sometimes you have to fight fire with fire & send a stern message to a team like Denver, because if you don't, then they'll continue to carry on with it for as long as they think they can get away with it.

Neither the Donkeys or Peyton Manning should be an exception to the rules & if rules are being broken by the Donks and blatantly ignored by the refs, then it's not a level playing field & that is something that a majority of Donkeys fans could care less about -- in fact, they seem to be all for it.

I've seen the Chiefs Eric Berry grabbing opposing receivers jerseys beyond the 5-yard zone on more than one occasion & he better quit doing that or he's going to get flagged at an inopportune time and it could be very costly.

Not to say I love one kid over another, but the Chiefs have a few of those character guys. Derrick Johnson is tops of my list. The guy is a class A role Model. Eric Berry is another.

D Bowe is a great community guy even though I wish he would stop talking to the media to help his identity.

Tamba was on the Dan Patrick show this morning a show that I watch every day here's a link to his interview

http://www.danpatrick.com/2013/11/06...ed-rap-career/
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Personally, I'm not worried about the Donkeys being enraged & so much the better if they are. It's not OK for them to do illegal things & it seems to have become a Donkeys tradition. Sometimes you have to fight fire with fire & send a stern message to a team like Denver, because if you don't, then they'll continue to carry on with it for as long as they think they can get away with it.

Neither the Donkeys or Peyton Manning should be an exception to the rules & if rules are being broken by the Donks and blatantly ignored by the refs, then it's not a level playing field & that is something that a majority of Donkeys fans could care less about -- in fact, they seem to be all for it.

I've seen the Chiefs Eric Berry grabbing opposing receivers jerseys beyond the 5-yard zone on more than one occasion & he better quit doing that or he's going to get flagged at an inopportune time and it could be very costly.
    Both of you make valid and important points. I don't think anybody is advocating the Chiefs becoming the way the Raiders were for so many years--complete cheap-shot artists. But there does come a point where if the opposition is CONTINUOUSLY AND DELIBERATELY breaking the rules and the Zebras are DELIBERATELY ignoring it despite having the problem pointed out repeatedly then you have to say...."OK....what's good for the Donkey is good for the Chief. Break the rules and you will pay a price and if the Zebra won't make you pay that price then we will." To do otherwise invalidates everything the NFL stands for. I'm not advocating hits that are deliberately designed to do a player grievous bodily harm...we've seen where the "bounty scandal" led to....but players currently go to extraordinary lengths to avoid hitting a QB after he has released the ball, while he is sliding or while he is going out of bounds. A little less effort to avoid that late hit is acceptable in my mind in a situation where the opposition is gaining an unfair advantage by continuously and deliberately violating the rules and the Zebras are doing nothing about it. We all know that there is holding by the offensive line of every team on almost every play but it is momentary and fleeting....almost to the point of "did it really happen".....but if the holding is obvious and the Zebras do nothing after it is pointed out repeatedly, then what choice does any team really have?

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Both of you make valid and important points. I don't think anybody is advocating the Chiefs becoming the way the Raiders were for so many years--complete cheap-shot artists. But there does come a point where if the opposition is CONTINUOUSLY AND DELIBERATELY breaking the rules and the Zebras are DELIBERATELY ignoring it despite having the problem pointed out repeatedly then you have to say...."OK....what's good for the Donkey is good for the Chief. Break the rules and you will pay a price and if the Zebra won't make you pay that price then we will." To do otherwise invalidates everything the NFL stands for. I'm not advocating hits that are deliberately designed to do a player grievous bodily harm...we've seen where the "bounty scandal" led to....but players currently go to extraordinary lengths to avoid hitting a QB after he has released the ball, while he is sliding or while he is going out of bounds. A little less effort to avoid that late hit is acceptable in my mind in a situation where the opposition is gaining an unfair advantage by continuously and deliberately violating the rules and the Zebras are doing nothing about it. We all know that there is holding by the offensive line of every team on almost every play but it is momentary and fleeting....almost to the point of "did it really happen".....but if the holding is obvious and the Zebras do nothing after it is pointed out repeatedly, then what choice does any team really have?
    And risk getting 15 yard personal foul penalties, suspensions, etc. No thanks.

There's one big drawback to fighting fire with fire...It's usually the reaction that gets flagged. And we'll be facing a team that has a history of calls going their way. We don't need a Sunday Night Meltdown to go along with the Monday night one.

Hear what you're saying, Brd - trust me when I say that I've no love of the current Broncos - but still staying with the idea of multiple players & coaches pointing out holds to refs. If one or two players point, the refs won't budge for the donks. But if you get five or six guys, plus coaches on the sidelines, the cameras will start doing more playbacks, and then the refs follow suit and start making the calls. When the calls happen...blitz.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    And risk getting 15 yard personal foul penalties, suspensions, etc. No thanks.
    Or do nothing & let the Donks get away rules violations that have a major impact on the game & then what does that accomplish? Not a damn thing. Because they'll keep doing it until somebody does stand up hardcore against it. And if the Donks O-Line is allowed to get away with holding in this game, and the Chiefs can't get pressure on the QB, then Manning will play pitch & catch with his receivers all game long, which the Chiefs can not afford.

If you wish to see a SB trophy handed over to Denver without them earning it outright like it was '97 and '98, then be my guest. I'd prefer it be won outright by the best team & I'm not convinced that team is Denver. The Donks weren't the best team in '97 or '98, either.

There's one big drawback to fighting fire with fire...It's usually the reaction that gets flagged. And we'll be facing a team that has a history of calls going their way. We don't need a Sunday Night Meltdown to go along with the Monday night one.

Hear what you're saying, Brd - trust me when I say that I've no love of the current Broncos - but still staying with the idea of multiple players & coaches pointing out holds to refs. If one or two players point, the refs won't budge for the donks. But if you get five or six guys, plus coaches on the sidelines, the cameras will start doing more playbacks, and then the refs follow suit and start making the calls. When the calls happen...blitz.
    Believe me, I know what I'm saying, and I remember the Monday Night meltdown, but I can't blame Derrick Thomas one bit. I rather enjoyed watching DT grab big-mouth Sharpe's facemask and sling him around and nearly rip his head off.

Five or six guys plus the coaches MAYBE will get them to listen ( but I doubt it ), but drawing blood literally will certainly get their attention. The Chiefs most like won't go the route that I'm suggesting, as far as drawing blood goes, but you won't hear me complain if they do.

And I will admit openly, that it would suit me fine if the Chiefs engaged in more of a literal hand-to-hand combat warfare against the Donks with several fistfights breaking out, then play football, because I'm of the belief they are going to get screwed somehow with this game being shifted to primetime and at 9-0, they can afford to for this one, anyway.

Believe me, I know what I'm saying, and I remember the Monday Night meltdown, but I can't blame Derrick Thomas one bit. I rather enjoyed watching DT grab big-mouth Sharpe's facemask and sling him around and nearly rip his head off.

Five or six guys plus the coaches MAYBE will get them to listen ( but I doubt it ), but drawing blood literally will certainly get their attention. The Chiefs most like won't go the route that I'm suggesting, as far as drawing blood goes, but you won't hear me complain if they do.

And I will admit openly, that it would suit me fine if the Chiefs engaged in more of a literal hand-to-hand combat warfare against the Donks with several fistfights breaking out, then play football, because I'm of the belief they are going to get screwed somehow with this game being shifted to primetime and at 9-0, they can afford to for this one, anyway.
    Yeah, remember that. Remember Wayne Simmons punching Shannon Sharpe, too. Also remember Wayne Simmons getting released the next day, and DT getting suspended. Both Shannon Sharpe and DT got huge fines from the league, too.

It's not just the players & coaches. It's the cameras. Unlike '98, if a ref makes a bad call, it gets presented in full HD and often gets posted on youtube within minutes after it happens. The league probably gets the email about it in the same amount of time. Does it make the refs immune from the Pat Bowlen/Turd Elway schmoozling? No. But the refs aren't immune to losing their jobs, either. If the crud calls happen - Point. Make 'em famous.

You're right about the nonsense of being moved to primetime. It's bull. Wouldn't be surprised to find out if the move was done to give better exposure to Papa John's commercials.

Far as I'm concerned, the first Bronco that takes a swing...That's THEIR funeral. But until then it's football not MMA.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast