Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 48

Thread: I'm sorry Chiefs fans...

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    6
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default I'm sorry Chiefs fans...


    0 Not allowed!
    I want to start out by saying that I am not a Chiefs fan, but I do have a great respect for the team and Andy Reid. The Chiefs have made it further than anyone could have ever dreamed and they deserve it too. All that aside, with your upcoming game in Denver, I have to voice one concern...

    Alex Smith.

    Now before you call me a "hater," hear me out. I am a 49ers fan that wanted badly for Alex to do good and when Harbaugh came in, my wishes seemed to come true. The team made it all the way to the NFC Championship game and the Super Bowl was just around the corner. Of course, as you all know, Kyle Williams had something to say about that (2 muffed punts). To me, however, Kyle Williams did not deserve all the blame. Alex Smith was only 1 for 13 on third downs, 1 for 13! Still, all the focus was on Kyle Williams.

    The point I am trying to make here is that the Chiefs with Alex might, with enough heart, get past Denver this upcoming Sunday and, down the road they might even win a playoff game with Alex, but the Super Bowl is just not a plausible goal with him. The Chiefs, as far as I can tell, are just like the 2011 49ers, except with a weaker run game. Although Alex Smith might not blatantly lose you a play-off game, he will set you up for a loss. It might be in the form of a fumble from Charles or a muffed punt, after Alex puts the team in that situation by, say, going 1 for 13 on third downs. After the loss, the blame will not be on Alex, but you will know, just like I did 2 years ago, that he is to blame.

    I hope I am wrong about this, I really do (You do not know how bad I want to see a 49ers-Chiefs Super Bowl). Still, I know you know, deep down inside, that Alex is a liability.

    Again, I am sorry.

  2. #11
    Member Since
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    14,067
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 27

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ImJustSaying View Post
    I want to start out by saying that I am not a Chiefs fan, but I do have a great respect for the team and Andy Reid. The Chiefs have made it further than anyone could have ever dreamed and they deserve it too. All that aside, with your upcoming game in Denver, I have to voice one concern...

    Alex Smith.

    Now before you call me a "hater," hear me out. I am a 49ers fan that wanted badly for Alex to do good and when Harbaugh came in, my wishes seemed to come true. The team made it all the way to the NFC Championship game and the Super Bowl was just around the corner. Of course, as you all know, Kyle Williams had something to say about that (2 muffed punts). To me, however, Kyle Williams did not deserve all the blame. Alex Smith was only 1 for 13 on third downs, 1 for 13! Still, all the focus was on Kyle Williams.

    The point I am trying to make here is that the Chiefs with Alex might, with enough heart, get past Denver this upcoming Sunday and, down the road they might even win a playoff game with Alex, but the Super Bowl is just not a plausible goal with him. The Chiefs, as far as I can tell, are just like the 2011 49ers, except with a weaker run game. Although Alex Smith might not blatantly lose you a play-off game, he will set you up for a loss. It might be in the form of a fumble from Charles or a muffed punt, after Alex puts the team in that situation by, say, going 1 for 13 on third downs. After the loss, the blame will not be on Alex, but you will know, just like I did 2 years ago, that he is to blame.

    I hope I am wrong about this, I really do (You do not know how bad I want to see a 49ers-Chiefs Super Bowl). Still, I know you know, deep down inside, that Alex is a liability.

    Again, I am sorry.
    This sums up my thoughts. Should I go to your 49er forums and point out where I have concerns about your teams.ast I checked they have a worse record. Last I checked they were trailing the Chiefs in passing yards per game. So put that in your pipe and move along young whippersnapper.

  3. #12
    Member Since
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Face down in a big ol' tire
    Posts
    35
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 31

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Alex had his team in position to win despite being just 1-13 on 3rd down.
    Williams 2 muffs gave the Giants time and field position they should not of had.Even one 3 and out with a punt on one of those muffs would have chewed up enough clock for a niners win. To say Alex,and not Williams cost them that game is ridiculous.
    Last edited by SloJimFizz; 11-10-2013 at 08:23 AM.

  4. #13
    Member Since
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Columbia
    Posts
    847
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 16

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ImJustSaying View Post
    I want to start out by saying that I am not a Chiefs fan, but I do have a great respect for the team and Andy Reid. The Chiefs have made it further than anyone could have ever dreamed and they deserve it too. All that aside, with your upcoming game in Denver, I have to voice one concern...

    Alex Smith.

    Now before you call me a "hater," hear me out. I am a 49ers fan that wanted badly for Alex to do good and when Harbaugh came in, my wishes seemed to come true. The team made it all the way to the NFC Championship game and the Super Bowl was just around the corner. Of course, as you all know, Kyle Williams had something to say about that (2 muffed punts). To me, however, Kyle Williams did not deserve all the blame. Alex Smith was only 1 for 13 on third downs, 1 for 13! Still, all the focus was on Kyle Williams.

    The point I am trying to make here is that the Chiefs with Alex might, with enough heart, get past Denver this upcoming Sunday and, down the road they might even win a playoff game with Alex, but the Super Bowl is just not a plausible goal with him. The Chiefs, as far as I can tell, are just like the 2011 49ers, except with a weaker run game. Although Alex Smith might not blatantly lose you a play-off game, he will set you up for a loss. It might be in the form of a fumble from Charles or a muffed punt, after Alex puts the team in that situation by, say, going 1 for 13 on third downs. After the loss, the blame will not be on Alex, but you will know, just like I did 2 years ago, that he is to blame.

    I hope I am wrong about this, I really do (You do not know how bad I want to see a 49ers-Chiefs Super Bowl). Still, I know you know, deep down inside, that Alex is a liability.

    Again, I am sorry.
    Hi, I'm in agreement with some things you say, as in Alex is not TQBOTF for the chiefs. However he is doing exactly what was expected out of him. He is winning right now and that's what he was brought here for. The Chiefs were in a crisis mode and had to bring back wins in order to keep the fan base that was disappearing in an alarming rate. He is not a really good passing qb, but does enough good to not loose. Its really because of the defense that we are winning. But that's ok as its a team effort. The really good news here is that we are winning and are building this team for the future and it appears your team is doing just the opposite.

  5. #14
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Someplace
    Posts
    1,261
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 120

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    By that one game one might go against the grain and say Eli is and always will be a liable possibility..... but to tell you the truth, I always knew that as well. He's a champ. :)
    *** Kansas City Chiefs 2013 - 2014 ***

  6. #15
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Falls Village, Ct
    Posts
    3,415
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 312
    Given: 304

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Interesting how we are getting a lot of 9ers fans visiting these days. Glad that they are all behaving like gentlemen.

    ImJustSaying.....While your points are interesting, I agree with the other folks here that say you can't blame that loss to the Giants on Alex. He may have played a part in that loss but there was PLENTY of blame to go around. It wasn't Smith's job to field those punts. And the muffs on those punts had at the VERY LEAST an equal role in that loss. So don't blame it all on Alex Smith.

    Is Alex Smith going to bring us a Super Bowl win....I dunno, but I am not going to bet the mortgage on it. But one must think in terms of the situation one finds oneself in. The QB position in KC was flat out broken. Matt Cassel HAD TO GO! So our options were Alex Smith or Geno Smith. PERIOD. Those were our options. We went with Alex Smith and I am glad we did. Alex is a good QB. I have my doubts about his being a great QB, but he is not going to lose games for us. It may be up to our D or Special Teams to win the games, but Alex won't lose the game by making a dumb throw trying to look like a hero. And right now after Herm the Worm, Haley, Pioli and Romeo simply winning a bunch of games is welcome relief for long-suffering Chiefs Fans.

    dai-sca.....You make an interesting point on play-calling. Andy Reid is like any other coach....he has his strengths and weaknesses. He has done AMAZING things for this team. In fact, he may have saved our Chiefs from being moved to another city. That makes him a GREAT coach. If he has a weakness (and I am sure he does) it may be his play-calling. He loves the pass and if his "blood gets up" and he "gets the bit in his teeth" I think he sometimes forgets about the running game. As he did for the first half of the Fubbalo game. All that said though, Andy Reid has done a remarkable job of adapting his instincts to the players he has to work with in KC. Reid is the first coach we have had since Dick Vermeil that gave us an honest shot at the Super Bowl. I'm very damned glad he is our coach.

  7. #16
    Member Since
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    6
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    The reason I mentioned the two punts by Kyle Williams is to show that the rest of the team will eventually make a mistake. Yes, Alex will play mistake-free football, I do not disagree with that, but is that a good thing when he is not producing? The rest of the your team may play amazing, your special teams and defense, but they cannot maintain that forever if Alex does not score points. The Chiefs have already experienced this against the Bills I believe, and luckily they came out on top.

    And to those who say Alex put the 49ers in a position to win in the NFC Championship game, they did not win, so what kind of position was that?

    Edit: Another point I want to clarify that I was making was that Alex Smith most likely will not be blatantly responsible for a loss, if you guys were to have one (is 16-0 a possibility? I think so), which will lead the team to keep him, causing a vicious cycle of heart-breaking.
    Last edited by ImJustSaying; 11-10-2013 at 01:54 PM.

  8. #17
    Member Since
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    6
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Also, to those of who you who blame play-calling, trust me I have been there. I have been on the 49ers forums for God knows how long, and play-calling was always brought up by fans when Alex was quarterback. He makes some great passes sometime, but he is not consistent. This led me to believe that he just cannot make the throws enough for them to be called.

  9. #18
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    27,932
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 236
    Given: 421

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ImJustSaying View Post
    The reason I mentioned the two punts by Kyle Williams is to show that the rest of the team will eventually make a mistake. Yes, Alex will play mistake-free football, I do not disagree with that, but is that a good thing when he is not producing?...
    So, your premise is that if Smith were to make mistakes while not producing (a concept fraught with fallacy) then he would somehow be a better QB? And, since when has it become the sole responsibility of the QB to score points? I was under the impression that point production was the responsibility of the entire offense.


  10. #19
    Member Since
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    6
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    So, your premise is that if Smith were to make mistakes while not producing (a concept fraught with fallacy) then he would somehow be a better QB? And, since when has it become the sole responsibility of the QB to score points? I was under the impression that point production was the responsibility of the entire offense.
    My premise was if Smith were to not make mistakes while producing, he would be a better QB. Also, the QB position is the most important in the game, so a lot of the responsibility of scoring is on him.

  11. #20
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,479
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 369
    Given: 74

    Default


    2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    So, your premise is that if Smith were to make mistakes while not producing (a concept fraught with fallacy) then he would somehow be a better QB? And, since when has it become the sole responsibility of the QB to score points? I was under the impression that point production was the responsibility of the entire offense.
    I have heard the needs to take some shots talk all year long on forums those same people who say that would jump all over him if he took those shots and they were picks. If Alex were making a ton of mistakes then there's 0 chance that this team is 9-0 at the bye week. I swear it's like people forgot last season. Do people no remember what turnovers do to a team. How many games did we lose because of mistakes last year? UGGGGGH It's just mind blowing to me that people want Alex to be more risky and risk turning the ball over when that's all the offense did a year ago.

    And you're right it's not just on the QB to put up points. Alex Smith can't pass block for himself. Alex Smith can't catch the ball for Dexter Mccluster when he puts the ball right on Dexter's hands. Alex Smith can't catch the ball for Bowe. Alex Smith can't get the Wrs open that's their job. This is not an offense that's being held back by the QB. This is an offense that is being held back by the offense as a whole. Is Alex a part of that Yep but he's not alone. This whole offensive unit needs to get their stuff together. Alex included but that goes for the other 10 guys on the field and the playcaller as well.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. For Chiefs fans getting Ribbed by Cowboy fans...
    By brdempsey69 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-14-2013, 06:33 PM
  2. Chiefs fans near you
    By Coach in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 10-13-2008, 11:45 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •