I want to start out by saying that I am not a Chiefs fan, but I do have a great respect for the team and Andy Reid. The Chiefs have made it further than anyone could have ever dreamed and they deserve it too. All that aside, with your upcoming game in Denver, I have to voice one concern...

Alex Smith.

Now before you call me a "hater," hear me out. I am a 49ers fan that wanted badly for Alex to do good and when Harbaugh came in, my wishes seemed to come true. The team made it all the way to the NFC Championship game and the Super Bowl was just around the corner. Of course, as you all know, Kyle Williams had something to say about that (2 muffed punts). To me, however, Kyle Williams did not deserve all the blame. Alex Smith was only 1 for 13 on third downs, 1 for 13! Still, all the focus was on Kyle Williams.

The point I am trying to make here is that the Chiefs with Alex might, with enough heart, get past Denver this upcoming Sunday and, down the road they might even win a playoff game with Alex, but the Super Bowl is just not a plausible goal with him. The Chiefs, as far as I can tell, are just like the 2011 49ers, except with a weaker run game. Although Alex Smith might not blatantly lose you a play-off game, he will set you up for a loss. It might be in the form of a fumble from Charles or a muffed punt, after Alex puts the team in that situation by, say, going 1 for 13 on third downs. After the loss, the blame will not be on Alex, but you will know, just like I did 2 years ago, that he is to blame.

I hope I am wrong about this, I really do (You do not know how bad I want to see a 49ers-Chiefs Super Bowl). Still, I know you know, deep down inside, that Alex is a liability.

Again, I am sorry.