Thread: Lets talk about Dontari Poe

Default Lets talk about Dontari Poe

So I just read this article on ESPN (http://espn.go.com/blog/kansas-city-...hows-his-value). Pretty much Poe has been in on almost every play on defense. That is IMPRESSIVE for a defensive lineman ... especially one his size. I think his development has been the key to our defense's turn around this year. I cannot wait to see him continue to develop!

BTW, for those that didnt know, Pro-Bowl balloting is open. I think you know what to do.

Personally, I'm grateful that Poe has panned out. Anybody remember Ryan Sims? I think you get the idea.

Our DE's flanking Poe are OK, but I'd like to see the Chiefs pick up another 3-4 DE like this guy:

Last edited by brdempsey69; 11-08-2013 at 03:38 PM.

I will gladly state that I was dead wrong on Poe. I thought he was just anther workout wonder that would be a backup at best. I was dead wrong on him he has been outstanding this year. Tip of the cap to Romeo and Pioli for this one.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

When Poe wound up starting the second half of last season, figured he was going to turn out alright...But when he showed up for camp weighing 15 pounds less and being WAY quicker off the ball, and really using leverage a lot better...Knew that he was going to be a handful for opposing teams to deal with. Pioli did gamble with Poe, but it's a situation where the gamble paid off really well.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    When Poe wound up starting the second half of last season, figured he was going to turn out alright...But when he showed up for camp weighing 15 pounds less and being WAY quicker off the ball, and really using leverage a lot better...Knew that he was going to be a handful for opposing teams to deal with. Pioli did gamble with Poe, but it's a situation where the gamble paid off really well.
    Personally, I didn't like the selection of Poe for all of about 60 seconds after it was made, but then the thought occurred to me "how many chances are the Chiefs going to get to draft a NT candidate with this type of physical ability?"

Hope he has a monster game against the Donkeys in both games and just destroys the middle of their O-Line.