Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Perfect week for a bye

Default Perfect week for a bye

After watching today's games. Not gonna lie this was a good week to be on a bye. Can't help but think its in the stars folks. Plus Peyton a little hobbled. Bring on the donkeys!!! Woohoo! Only unbeaten team and that's a fact not up for debate!

Quote Originally Posted by NickheadKCAU View Post
    why do i feel like this 'could be the week' the offense 'breaks out'?

its a tall order, but stranger things have happened...

like the chiefs being 9-0 after last season.

judging by the way the refs are going to limit our defense our offense better show up to play football and not rely so much on the defense. The chiefs have had 2 weeks to gameplan with our offense so this is the most opportune time for an offensive breakout game

Yea the refs are definitely being directed by the NFL to help Denver once again..

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    Yea the refs are definitely being directed by the NFL to help Denver once again..
    They are, indeed. There should have been at least 3 holding calls by the Donks O-Line, that I saw when I reviewed the Donks-Bolts game, as well as 2 push-offs by WR Eric Decker and the Donks DB's illegally holding Bolts receivers beyond the 5-yard zone multiple times.

I hope I'm wrong, but we could be seeing '97 and '98 all over again with the going-away gift being given to Manning this time instead of Elway, although I suspect that both Elway and Pat Bowlen have their hands in it, just like they did in '97 and '98.

To me, this sort of thing ruins the game, when we can't have an outright champion established on a level playing field for all 32 teams. An example one can look at is the Chiefs opening round playoff losses to Miami in 1971 and to Indy in 1995 and 2003. Those games were lost on a level playing field. That was NOT the case in 1997 when the Chiefs lost the opening round playoff to Denver in 1997 ( and Pittsburgh got screwed just as badly the next week in the AFC Championship game ).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12