Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: DWayne Bowe Arrested

Default DWayne Bowe Arrested

The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

he's the laffn' stock of the NFL. everone's taking a shot at him. and us
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    His trial date is Dec. 18th and that's when the NFL and Chiefs can hand down disciplinary action under the new rules of the CBA. Meaning he probably won't be playing the post-season. Like you said, it was a bad move and after the season it's time to move in another direction regarding the WR corps.
    You know more on the rules than I do....so here are my questions......trial date is December 18, but at least in most states I know of, these things often get "continued" for several months. Is the NFL free to act on December 18 if the case is "continued" or do they have to wait until the case is resolved? If the case is continued can the NFL drug test DB and take action on the basis of the results? Though as I understand things (I may be wrong) even if he were suspended by the NFL based on a drug test I believe there is an appeals process that could delay final action for quite a while....maybe an additional several weeks. The answer to these 2 questions will really decide what roll DB can or can't play for the rest of the season. If the NFL can't act under the terms of the CBA until the court case is decided then any fresh-from-law school lawyer can delay the case until after the playoffs and Super Bowl. Probably wouldn't even need a lawyer for that kind of delay.

So one big question is just what the NFL can or can't do under the CBA.

What management does is their own business (within reason) as I understand it.

As to DB's future with the Chiefs....If he gets to play the rest of the season and plays like an absolute superstar then I would be inclined to give him a second chance. But if he gets to play the rest of the season and plays "par for the course" then he needs to go down the road. JMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    You know more on the rules than I do....so here are my questions......trial date is December 18, but at least in most states I know of, these things often get "continued" for several months. Is the NFL free to act on December 18 if the case is "continued" or do they have to wait until the case is resolved? If the case is continued can the NFL drug test DB and take action on the basis of the results? Though as I understand things (I may be wrong) even if he were suspended by the NFL based on a drug test I believe there is an appeals process that could delay final action for quite a while....maybe an additional several weeks. The answer to these 2 questions will really decide what roll DB can or can't play for the rest of the season. If the NFL can't act under the terms of the CBA until the court case is decided then any fresh-from-law school lawyer can delay the case until after the playoffs and Super Bowl. Probably wouldn't even need a lawyer for that kind of delay.

So one big question is just what the NFL can or can't do under the CBA.

What management does is their own business (within reason) as I understand it.

As to DB's future with the Chiefs....If he gets to play the rest of the season and plays like an absolute superstar then I would be inclined to give him a second chance. But if he gets to play the rest of the season and plays "par for the course" then he needs to go down the road. JMHO.
    The league can drug test him whenever and then bring down punishment as soon as they get the results. My understanding, and I may be completely wrong, is that they cannot bring a suspension for something unless he is found guilty. What if he is found not guilty (like for instance if the weed was found in the pocket of one of the passengers, and the judge says he is not guilty because he had no knowledge of it), and the league already suspended him. That would be a nice, easy lawsuit for DB to file against the league for lost wages, etc.

So in short, yes you are correct that this could very easily end up getting delayed until after the season is over, meaning any suspension would occur at the beginning of next years season.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Except for the performance enhancing drug was a diuretic, used to help hide the subtance. They can tie the previous suspension to masking substance and stiffen the punishment.
    Is there any precedence for this?

jap1...............You make an excellent point. Will the NFL take any action (including a drug test) before the legal proceedings are settled? With Bowe's buddy having claimed ownership of the pot, I don't have a hard time seeing the NFL deciding to stay out of this until the legal question is resolved. The plot sickens.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    I'm thinking the same thought. Manning is one good hit from being sent to exile. Donkey's fans keep regurgitating the same trash about the Chiefs going up against backup QB's, but of course, never mention that fact that the Chiefs have went up against a series of better opposing Defensive front 7's than Manning and the Donkeys have. The Donkeys fans talk about the backup QB's playing for the Titans, Texans, Browns, and Bills, but of course, never talk about the Defensive Front 7 of those teams being superior to anything the Donks have faced as of yet this season.

My point is, the Chiefs Defensive Front 7 is going to be the best that the Donks have faced so far. While it's true that the Chiefs Defense will have to bring their A+ game, they do have the capability to take over and dictate the outcome of this game. Look at last weeks game at Indy where the Rams Defensive Front 7 just overwhelmed and devastated the Indy Offense whereas the Donkeys couldn't stop Indy. And Manning is nowhere near as mobile as Andrew Luck.

With or without Bowe, the other 10 members of the Chiefs Offense have to step up and give Alex the support he needs to help the Offense move the ball and score points. Alex has been a pretty good road warrior as of late. The Donkeys have not given up less than 19 points to any opponent while the Chiefs have scored no fewer than 23 points in any of their road games, so the Chiefs do have a chance. They need to find a way to brush off the Bowe incident & get ready to play.
    Definitely agree about our defense. Their O-line is in for a very, very long three hours. All the media gab in the world isn't going to heal Manning's ankles any faster, or make him more elusive to tackle even if he was 100%. Their entire gameplan revolves around him getting rid of the ball in two step drops. Also don't see them coming out in a week with a dominating run game against our D with Keyshown Moreno.

Offensively we need to do our damage in the first three quarters; Because of the higher altitude in Denver (thinner air) when 4th quarter rolls around, you'll start to see a fade off. Doesn't make them invincible, though.

he'll be going to a state that's legalized pot. maybe we'll see a cloud a smoke over the stadium

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Truly moronic!

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post

Truly moronic!
    Dat's funny right there. i don't care who you are!

And, for the record, I'm against the use of heroin, cocaine and amphetamines!
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    Dat's funny right there. i don't care who you are!

And, for the record, I'm against the use of heroin, cocaine and amphetamines!
    Me too, I wasn't trying to be political with this video. It was the only one I could find on youtube and posted it for it's comedic value and not for the trailer at the end.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456