Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Webnews: Should Chiefs bench Bowe?

Thumbs Up
    Received: 83
    Given: 27

Post Webnews: Should Chiefs bench Bowe?

0 Not allowed!
    By Mike Florio
    Whenever a player finds trouble, or vice-versa, away from the field, a debate often emerges regarding whether the player will be punished by the team. Technically, the NFL has exclusive jurisdiction over issues like DUI and marijuana possession.* As a practical matter, teams can take action — especially if the player won’t be inclined to… Read more…

Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 1

1 Not allowed!
    No, the Chiefs should not bench him. He will get the punishment he deserves for the crime whether that be a fine from the civil authorities and a suspension from the NFL.

He needs to get his head together though and be a team player. A lot of people are down on him, as am I, because he has this biiger then life attitude. It is interesting that this whole Bowe Show thing went away, I am rather happy about that.

This guy continues to show that no one person is more important than the rest of the team. Should he be released at the end of the season? That should be a determination that is made on how well he performs for the remainder of this season and the expectation that he is getting his life cleaned up.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 336
    Given: 349

0 Not allowed!
    Hayvern makes good points. My first reaction is to bench him. He'll probably get traded in the offseason so we might as well start getting a really good look at what we currently have for receivers. DAMN I AM PISSED AT THAT DUMB SOB!!!!!!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 32
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!
    i wouldnt bench and hurt the whole team.. they have spent a week game planning with him for a huge game.. his punishment will come.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    i wouldnt bench and hurt the whole team.. they have spent a week game planning with him for a huge game.. his punishment will come.
    Like Hayvern you make an excellent point. My reaction was one of anger and reacting in anger is seldom intelligent. I am taking a while to rethink my original post.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 607
    Given: 788

0 Not allowed!
    No they should not bench him. But, come this offseason, it's time to look at other options.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 121
    Given: 4

0 Not allowed!
    Usually when a player gets benched by the team. He is on the outs and being suspended by the team as a way to recoup some of their salary cap before cutting him loose.

So suspending a player that you intend to keep on your roster will only hurt your team as the NFL will still suspend him the same regardless of what the team did to him. It is not like the NCAA where they take it lighter on a player because the school took action in their own hands.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    It's too late for me to edit my original post which I posted in haste and anger at the dumb SOB. My revised opinion is that Coach Reid and John Dorsey should decide.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 85
    Given: 77

0 Not allowed!
    Damn what an idiot

Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 22

0 Not allowed!
    If they could paint a marijuana leaf on the football maybe he hangs onto it!! I for one, am sick and tired of seeing this guy drop EASY passes! I'm with BRD, at the end of the season, time for a new direction in receiving corps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast