Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 64

Thread: Discuss the Game with a Broncos Fan

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    8
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    Default Discuss the Game with a Broncos Fan


    1 Not allowed!
    Hello everyone!
    I have decided to join this forum in hostile territory to discuss this game. This is probably the biggest game of either of our team's season.

    First, you should know that the majority of Broncos fans are very worried about this game. We do not believe this will be a blowout. Reason being: we lost to Indy. They provided the blueprint on turning out the Broncos. I admit we got ****y, blowing out teams left and right and now teams know how to take Manning out of the game.

    Really: provide a great 4-man rush, putting pressure on Manning and man-coverage against our WRs. Who is able to do this better than the Chiefs? I think the Chiefs could really put pressure on Manning and cause him to cough up some turnovers.

    Something I think the Chiefs should be worried about is Denver's defense is much better than they look on paper. Think of it like this...when a team is behind and couldn't put points up on the opposing team all game, then suddenly at the end they run no-huddle and seem to easily move down the field to stay in the game. It's called garbage-time. The Broncos have blown out a lot of teams early, causing teams to give up on their running game and throw the ball. And without Miller and Bailey for most of the season, teams could easily throw on us.

    Now we have Philips (who is having a great season) and Miller back, we have a formidable pass-rush that's only getting better. Denver also has a great run defense, stopping every RB so far this season and even the high-powered RG3/Alfred Morris and Vick/McCoy combos.

    In this game, I think the Chiefs will slow the Broncos offense down. I just read an article on Yahoo about how Reid went out and found large CBs to cover the larger, physical Broncos WRs. So you're going to disrupt our offensive juggernaut. But in biased fashion, I think Manning will find a way to score points, especially by leaning on screens and running the ball to slow down the blitzes. I just don't see the Chiefs scoring more points than the Broncos UNLESS the defense causes Manning to give up several turnovers.

    It will be a great game and I give you guys mad respect for the turnaround you've made. Finally the West is competitive again and it's really good!

    What are your thoughts?

  2. #11
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,093
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 83
    Given: 129

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Well, it depends on how you look at the stats (just like any kind of statistics). Denver beat their opponents by an average of 16 points/game, which is more than the Chiefs 7ppg.

    However, if you look at points scored relative to how many surrendered, it looks a lot different. Because our D allows so few points, we have scored nearly 2x (1.9x to be exact) as many points as we have allowed (215-111), whereas for you guys it is closer to 1.56x (371-238).

    We can also look at common opponents:
    KC DEN
    NY 31-7 (24pts) 41-23 (18)
    Oak 24-7 (17) 37-21 (17)
    Phi 26-16 (10) 52-20 (32)
    Dal 17-16 (1) 51-48 (3)
    Jax 28-2 (26) 35-19 (16)

    Total:126-48 (78pts) 216-131 (85pts)

    In 2 games we won by a bigger margin, in 2 games it was a very close margin to yours (im counting the dallas game as being the same margin of vistory) and in one game you won by a bigger margin.

    I dont think it is going to be a blow out. It will be close, but I think the high altitude may wear down our defense.

    I am predicting that we are going to limit the Donkeys to the mid to high 20s. The question is can we score into the high 20s or 30s? The big question is how your D is going to do against our O.

  3. #12
    Member Since
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Topeka< KS
    Posts
    2,303
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 211
    Given: 58

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncosFan View Post
    Blah, blah, blah... Even during the Indy game, we had many drives when we blew down the field and scored in less than a minute!

    The consensus about the Chiefs is they barely beat lowly teams with no starting QB, like the Browns and Buffalo.
    Ah, now the warped twisted "Bronco think" comes out (No offense or disrespect intended. You are a product of your environment.)

    You are forgetting Eli Manning, Tom Roethlisburger, Michael Vick and Tony Romo. Most people would consider all of them to be pretty good QBs. I would argue that Keenum was an upgrade over Schaub, and Campbell was an upgrade over Weeden. That accounts for 6 of the nine teams the Chiefs have beaten.

    I wouldn't brag about moving the ball against Indy (who you lost to). Their defense is ranked 19th against the pass and 26th against the rush. They gave up 95 points in their last 3 games, lost to the Rams (!) 38-8 and are losing to the Titans 17-3 as I write this.

    Again, no disrespect meant by this post, but I believe this is just as big a game for the Chiefs as it is for the Broncos. A loss for Chiefs would put them in second place ...
    Actually a Chiefs loss would put both teams tied for first place. True, the Donks would have the tie breaker but that only factors in if both teams end up with the same record. Even if the Chiefs do lose this week, they can win at Arrowhead and reclaim the lead outright (assuming both teams win or lose next week). If Denver loses this week, a win at Arrowhead would still leave them one game back in the standings.

    and it would prove the media right that KC's record is only a fluke because they haven't faced a decent offense yet.
    One game doesn't prove anything. If the Chiefs win, the media will say that they only won because Manning is playing on two sprained ankles and Ryan Clady is out. They would also point out that Denver STILL hasn't beaten a team with a winning record, so what does beating them prove?

    So winning the game would prove that ya'll are true contenders. When people ask who will go to the Super Bowl, no one gives KC a chance. They're not a well-rounded team. You may think you can slow Denver down, but you just can't outscore Denver.
    9-0 already proves that the Chiefs are "contenders." The Chiefs are outscoring their opponents by an average of 11.56 points per game. That is 2nd in the NFL to only Denver at 14.78 ppg (Really. Look it up.) You say the Broncos are blowing out their opponents (51-48!) and the Chiefs are barely beating theirs, but Denver is only winning, on average by one more field goal, than the Chiefs are!

    You say we can't outscore Denver? i say you can't outscore Kansas City. Nobody has done it yet. The Chiefs have not given up more than 17 points in ANY game this year and have not scored less than 17 in ANY game this year. Denver hasn't held ANY team to less than 20 points, this year. Twice they gave up 39 or more points and twice they have scored less than 39 points. If the Chargers can hold the Broncos to 28 then the Cheifs can surely keep them in the 20-24 point range.

    I appreciate you coming into hostile territory and defending your team, but come on, Donkey fan. You will have to do better than that!
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

    Originally Posted by Name Withheld
    I don't think anything that's what wrong is nearly Smiths Falls we have no offense of line I think the coaches are free to call certain place I think he would absolutely do better with a different office of coordinator

  4. #13
    Member Since
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Topeka< KS
    Posts
    2,303
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 211
    Given: 58

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    Well, it depends on how you look at the stats (just like any kind of statistics). Denver beat their opponents by an average of 16 points/game, which is more than the Chiefs 7ppg.
    Good post. I just have couple of minor corrections.

    Denver has outscored it's opponents by 133 points. 133/9 = 14.78, not 16.

    KC has outscored it's opponents by 104 points. 104/9 = 11.56, not 7.

    And 37-21 is 16, not 17.

    So...
    However, if you look at points scored relative to how many surrendered, it looks a lot different. Because our D allows so few points, we have scored nearly 2x (1.9x to be exact) as many points as we have allowed (215-111), whereas for you guys it is closer to 1.56x (371-238).

    We can also look at common opponents:
    KC DEN
    NY 31-7 (24pts) 41-23 (18)
    Oak 24-7 (17) 37-21 (16)
    Phi 26-16 (10) 52-20 (32)
    Dal 17-16 (1) 51-48 (3)
    Jax 28-2 (26) 35-19 (16)

    Total:126-48 (78pts) 216-131 (85pts)

    In 2 games we won by a bigger margin, in 2 games it was a very close margin to yours (im counting the dallas and oakland games as being the same margin of vistory) and in one game you won by a bigger margin.

    I dont think it is going to be a blow out. It will be close, but I think the high altitude may wear down our defense.

    I am predicting that we are going to limit the Donkeys to the mid to high 20s. The question is can we score into the high 20s or 30s? The big question is how your D is going to do against our O.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

    Originally Posted by Name Withheld
    I don't think anything that's what wrong is nearly Smiths Falls we have no offense of line I think the coaches are free to call certain place I think he would absolutely do better with a different office of coordinator

  5. #14
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Falls Village, Ct
    Posts
    3,420
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 312
    Given: 304

    Default


    2 Not allowed!
    Thanks Topeka! My blood was "getting up" again and I was going to be rude to our guest. MY BAD! But you got out your calculator and politely introduced him to some inconvenient facts. I took the bit out of my teeth and have calmed down. Truly appreciate it. I hate it when I let my emotions override my civility. Thanks again man!!!

    BroncosFan......This game remains far more of a MUST WIN for your broncos than it is for our Chiefs. If you lose, the chance of the Broncos winning the AFC West go straight into the crapper. A loss would mean they are 2 games down and facing the Chiefs in Arrowhead in 2 1/2 weeks. If that ain't bad juju I don't know what is. But if the Chiefs lose our records will be tied and you will still have to come to OUR HOUSE! Advantage Chiefs. As to our needing to win this game to "get respect".....Some of the silliest nonsense I have ever read. The ONLY real respect you get in the NFL is by winning the Superbowl. Oh sure the media respects the donkeys and thinks manning's shi* don't stink, but if you don't win the Super Bowl you'll still just be another loser. Just like we will be if we don't win the Super Bowl. The difference is that the media will still talk about the Chiefs amazing turnaround even if we don't win the Super Bowl. If you don't win the Super Bowl you'll become the most powerful team EVER to not win the Super Bowl. The Chiefs are the underdogs and we LIKE it that way! The only respect we give a flying fig about is the respect we have for our team.

    Rest assured, we don't need some media moron to give us respect. We'll get respect the old-fashioned way--we'll go out and EARN IT!!! In all likelihood both your broncos and our Chiefs are going to the playoffs, and once the playoffs start it is a whole new season. If you want to go to the big dance you are probably going to have to beat us 3 times this year. Long odds my friend. LONG ODDS.

  6. #15
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    581
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 69

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Thanks Topeka! My blood was "getting up" again and I was going to be rude to our guest. MY BAD! But you got out your calculator and politely introduced him to some inconvenient facts. I took the bit out of my teeth and have calmed down. Truly appreciate it. I hate it when I let my emotions override my civility. Thanks again man!!!

    BroncosFan......This game remains far more of a MUST WIN for your broncos than it is for our Chiefs. If you lose, the chance of the Broncos winning the AFC West go straight into the crapper. A loss would mean they are 2 games down and facing the Chiefs in Arrowhead in 2 1/2 weeks. If that ain't bad juju I don't know what is. But if the Chiefs lose our records will be tied and you will still have to come to OUR HOUSE! Advantage Chiefs. As to our needing to win this game to "get respect".....Some of the silliest nonsense I have ever read. The ONLY real respect you get in the NFL is by winning the Superbowl. Oh sure the media respects the donkeys and thinks manning's shi* don't stink, but if you don't win the Super Bowl you'll still just be another loser. Just like we will be if we don't win the Super Bowl. The difference is that the media will still talk about the Chiefs amazing turnaround even if we don't win the Super Bowl. If you don't win the Super Bowl you'll become the most powerful team EVER to not win the Super Bowl. The Chiefs are the underdogs and we LIKE it that way! The only respect we give a flying fig about is the respect we have for our team.

    Rest assured, we don't need some media moron to give us respect. We'll get respect the old-fashioned way--we'll go out and EARN IT!!! In all likelihood both your broncos and our Chiefs are going to the playoffs, and once the playoffs start it is a whole new season. If you want to go to the big dance you are probably going to have to beat us 3 times this year. Long odds my friend. LONG ODDS.

    CT I love this post, Roy I like your post as well. I've been saying it for a while now everyone discredits the chiefs for facing backup QBs, but in reality the facts are those teams are winning with those QBs now where they were not with their starters. Manning better sleep with his eyes open cause the chiefs defense is coming for him

  7. #16
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Falls Village, Ct
    Posts
    3,420
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 312
    Given: 304

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    CT I love this post, Roy I like your post as well. I've been saying it for a while now everyone discredits the chiefs for facing backup QBs, but in reality the facts are those teams are winning with those QBs now where they were not with their starters. Manning better sleep with his eyes open cause the chiefs defense is coming for him
    Thanks Justin!!!

  8. #17
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,093
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 83
    Given: 129

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    Good post. I just have couple of minor corrections.

    Denver has outscored it's opponents by 133 points. 133/9 = 14.78, not 16.

    KC has outscored it's opponents by 104 points. 104/9 = 11.56, not 7.

    And 37-21 is 16, not 17.

    So...
    Thanks ... most of the math was done in my head, hence the errors.

  9. #18
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    2,881
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 104
    Given: 3

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I personally believe the chiefs will lose by double digits. I am not one to look a the record and forget how the chiefs have won many of these games. A lot of it was luck and just poor play from bad teams or back up players. There was a 14 point swing against Buffalo that Manning would not make.

    I truly think this week will be a humbling to many Chiefs fans. All these stats are being thrown out there to support why we are better then the Donkies, but none of that matters until the Chiefs actually man up and prove. Including the Donkies have the same schedule but lost to the only winning team, so that means we are just as good, but the difference is, we have not played that team either and most of Donkies wins were pretty convincing while the Chiefs are waiting until the 4th qtr to pull out a close one.

    So unless Andy Reid has been playing possum with this offense just for a big game like this and they come out and do a 180. I think playing in Denver when Denver is out to prove something will prove to be a an eye opener.

    Now with that being said, the humbling may help the Chiefs get that chip back on their shoulder and things will be different in two weeks in KC.

  10. #19
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Falls Village, Ct
    Posts
    3,420
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 312
    Given: 304

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I personally believe the chiefs will lose by double digits. I am not one to look a the record and forget how the chiefs have won many of these games. A lot of it was luck and just poor play from bad teams or back up players. There was a 14 point swing against Buffalo that Manning would not make.

    I truly think this week will be a humbling to many Chiefs fans. All these stats are being thrown out there to support why we are better then the Donkies, but none of that matters until the Chiefs actually man up and prove. Including the Donkies have the same schedule but lost to the only winning team, so that means we are just as good, but the difference is, we have not played that team either and most of Donkies wins were pretty convincing while the Chiefs are waiting until the 4th qtr to pull out a close one.

    So unless Andy Reid has been playing possum with this offense just for a big game like this and they come out and do a 180. I think playing in Denver when Denver is out to prove something will prove to be a an eye opener.

    Now with that being said, the humbling may help the Chiefs get that chip back on their shoulder and things will be different in two weeks in KC.
    While I don't agree with you, I have to admit that it is not outside the realm of possibility. The real problem as I see it is that our D just hasn't been as good in the first half as they have been in the 2cond half. Their halftime adjustments have been phenomenal. But I have a hard time seeing us coming back if the donkeys go into the half with a 14 point or more lead. Our D needs to play the entire game like they have the 4th quarter if we are going to pull out a win here.

  11. #20
    Member Since
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    8
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Well, math can be done both ways. Let's look at the last three weeks and our opponents. I think we can see Denver might actually have the better defense:

    KANSAS CITY - played against Keenum, Tuel, and Campbell
    1104 yards (368/game)
    52 first downs (17.33/game)
    6 sacks (2/game)
    5 turnovers (1.67/game)

    DENVER - played against Luck, Griffin III, and Rivers
    929 yards (309/game)
    50 first downs (16.67/game)
    9 sacks (3/game)
    6 turnovers (2/game)

    If the Chiefs defense allows on average 368 points to those guys, wait until they see Peyton.
    Last edited by BroncosFan; 11-15-2013 at 11:50 AM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. KC Chiefs players discuss lockout, 18 game season, and team! Must
    By californ in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-14-2011, 12:44 AM
  2. Discuss....
    By josh1971 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-13-2009, 12:41 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •