Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 64

Thread: Discuss the Game with a Broncos Fan

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    8
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    Default Discuss the Game with a Broncos Fan


    1 Not allowed!
    Hello everyone!
    I have decided to join this forum in hostile territory to discuss this game. This is probably the biggest game of either of our team's season.

    First, you should know that the majority of Broncos fans are very worried about this game. We do not believe this will be a blowout. Reason being: we lost to Indy. They provided the blueprint on turning out the Broncos. I admit we got ****y, blowing out teams left and right and now teams know how to take Manning out of the game.

    Really: provide a great 4-man rush, putting pressure on Manning and man-coverage against our WRs. Who is able to do this better than the Chiefs? I think the Chiefs could really put pressure on Manning and cause him to cough up some turnovers.

    Something I think the Chiefs should be worried about is Denver's defense is much better than they look on paper. Think of it like this...when a team is behind and couldn't put points up on the opposing team all game, then suddenly at the end they run no-huddle and seem to easily move down the field to stay in the game. It's called garbage-time. The Broncos have blown out a lot of teams early, causing teams to give up on their running game and throw the ball. And without Miller and Bailey for most of the season, teams could easily throw on us.

    Now we have Philips (who is having a great season) and Miller back, we have a formidable pass-rush that's only getting better. Denver also has a great run defense, stopping every RB so far this season and even the high-powered RG3/Alfred Morris and Vick/McCoy combos.

    In this game, I think the Chiefs will slow the Broncos offense down. I just read an article on Yahoo about how Reid went out and found large CBs to cover the larger, physical Broncos WRs. So you're going to disrupt our offensive juggernaut. But in biased fashion, I think Manning will find a way to score points, especially by leaning on screens and running the ball to slow down the blitzes. I just don't see the Chiefs scoring more points than the Broncos UNLESS the defense causes Manning to give up several turnovers.

    It will be a great game and I give you guys mad respect for the turnaround you've made. Finally the West is competitive again and it's really good!

    What are your thoughts?

  2. #51
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    571
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 76
    Given: 68

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    Is everyone forgetting some dude put up over 200 yards rushing against the Pats? Chiefs are suspect at stopping the run. Denver could turn the table on the chiefs and play the game of TOP and make KC's defense tired.
    Not that Andy Reid will call run plays but do you for one second think we couldn't do the same in the run game? I think we should leave Stephenson in as tackle regardless of fishers status and see how he fairs against Denver he did a killer job against San diego

  3. #52
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,831
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 474
    Given: 690

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    Not that Andy Reid will call run plays but do you for one second think we couldn't do the same in the run game? I think we should leave Stephenson in as tackle regardless of fishers status and see how he fairs against Denver he did a killer job against San diego
    Not going to happen. If Fisher is able to play, then he'll start. They didn't draft him #1 overall to ride the pine & he needs as much playing time as he can get to gain valuable experience. SD doesn't have anybody that could have really tested Stephenson, anyway. It's not suprising that Schwartz & Stephenson fared as well as they did, because SD doesn't have anybody on that side of their D-Line.

  4. #53
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,376
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 338
    Given: 72

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    Not that Andy Reid will call run plays but do you for one second think we couldn't do the same in the run game? I think we should leave Stephenson in as tackle regardless of fishers status and see how he fairs against Denver he did a killer job against San diego
    I have to disagree. Fisher is a rookie and needs all the snaps that he can get to get better going forward. Fisher was pretty bad at the start of the season but has gotten better. Just go back to the game at Denver. He was going against Von Miller and he did a pretty good job. Stephenson did a good job against the Chargers but Fisher is the starter for a reason

  5. #54
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    571
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 76
    Given: 68

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I have to disagree. Fisher is a rookie and needs all the snaps that he can get to get better going forward. Fisher was pretty bad at the start of the season but has gotten better. Just go back to the game at Denver. He was going against Von Miller and he did a pretty good job. Stephenson did a good job against the Chargers but Fisher is the starter for a reason
    I understand where you are coming from, but if the plan is to move him back to LT then were looking at possibly our starting RT next season in Stephenson if that could be the goal, do you think it's more important putting Either one in more than the other? Especially if Fisher isn't 100%

  6. #55
    Member Since
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,079
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 197
    Given: 538

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    I understand where you are coming from, but if the plan is to move him back to LT then were looking at possibly our starting RT next season in Stephenson if that could be the goal, do you think it's more important putting Either one in more than the other? Especially if Fisher isn't 100%
    Interesting point, given our situation...but I still say go with Fisher if he's ready. He did well against Von Miller (all things considered). If anything I'd be tempted to take one of our O-line guys and make them our temporary pass rushing linebacker!! Play with THAT, donkey O-line!!

  7. #56
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    2,784
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 97
    Given: 2

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    Not that Andy Reid will call run plays but do you for one second think we couldn't do the same in the run game? I think we should leave Stephenson in as tackle regardless of fishers status and see how he fairs against Denver he did a killer job against San diego
    I agree. Why did our offense score this week. The answer is Smith had time to throw the ball. Why? The right side of the ball protected him better than he had all year. I don't care what people expect out of Fisher or wish he becomes. Stephenson is an upgrade over Fisher at the moment. I would rather leave Fisher at RT and move Stephenson to LT before Fisher gets Smiths kiled on a blind side hit. You can keep Swartz in at RG and leave Asamoah on the bench also.

  8. #57
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    2,784
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 97
    Given: 2

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I have to disagree. Fisher is a rookie and needs all the snaps that he can get to get better going forward. Fisher was pretty bad at the start of the season but has gotten better. Just go back to the game at Denver. He was going against Von Miller and he did a pretty good job. Stephenson did a good job against the Chargers but Fisher is the starter for a reason
    The reason is they invested a first over all draft pick in him. They have to start him to SAVE FACE. Stephenson is also the future. It is only his second year and could very well be our starter for years given the snaps. He did pretty good last year.

  9. #58
    Member Since
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Topeka< KS
    Posts
    2,200
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 182
    Given: 57

    Default


    3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I agree. Why did our offense score this week. The answer is Smith had time to throw the ball. Why? The right side of the ball protected him better than he had all year.
    I disagree. The reason Smith had time to throw the ball is because we were playing the Chargers. They are ranked 27th against the pass and tied for 15-18 with 29 sacks. Going into the game they didn't have anybody on the team with more than 3 sacks. Now Keiser and Walker both have 4. SD doesn't have anybody that can get after the QB like Miller and Phillips can.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

    Originally Posted by Name Withheld
    I don't think anything that's what wrong is nearly Smiths Falls we have no offense of line I think the coaches are free to call certain place I think he would absolutely do better with a different office of coordinator

  10. #59
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,831
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 474
    Given: 690

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    I disagree. The reason Smith had time to throw the ball is because we were playing the Chargers. They are ranked 27th against the pass and tied for 15-18 with 29 sacks. Going into the game they didn't have anybody on the team with more than 3 sacks. Now Keiser and Walker both have 4. SD doesn't have anybody that can get after the QB like Miller and Phillips can.
    Not only that, but the Chiefs Offense dialed up more play-action passes in the SD game, than they had in previous 10 games combined -- something that I had been calling for during the SD game day thread. Teams are gearing up to stop Charles & the Chiefs need to take advantage of this with more play-action passing, which will give them chances to take shots down the field.

  11. #60
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    2,784
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 97
    Given: 2

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Not only that, but the Chiefs Offense dialed up more play-action passes in the SD game, than they had in previous 10 games combined -- something that I had been calling for during the SD game day thread. Teams are gearing up to stop Charles & the Chiefs need to take advantage of this with more play-action passing, which will give them chances to take shots down the field.
    I am not sure about this. I have seen the Chiefs try play action pass a lot, and due to the pass protection had Smith immediately looking for his dump off or tight end just behind the sucked in Line Backers. They receivers just got more separation on the charges poor secondary.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. KC Chiefs players discuss lockout, 18 game season, and team! Must
    By californ in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-14-2011, 12:44 AM
  2. Discuss....
    By josh1971 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-13-2009, 12:41 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •