Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Discuss the Game with a Broncos Fan

Hybrid View

Default Discuss the Game with a Broncos Fan

Hello everyone!
    I have decided to join this forum in hostile territory to discuss this game. This is probably the biggest game of either of our team's season.

First, you should know that the majority of Broncos fans are very worried about this game. We do not believe this will be a blowout. Reason being: we lost to Indy. They provided the blueprint on turning out the Broncos. I admit we got ****y, blowing out teams left and right and now teams know how to take Manning out of the game.

Really: provide a great 4-man rush, putting pressure on Manning and man-coverage against our WRs. Who is able to do this better than the Chiefs? I think the Chiefs could really put pressure on Manning and cause him to cough up some turnovers.

Something I think the Chiefs should be worried about is Denver's defense is much better than they look on paper. Think of it like this...when a team is behind and couldn't put points up on the opposing team all game, then suddenly at the end they run no-huddle and seem to easily move down the field to stay in the game. It's called garbage-time. The Broncos have blown out a lot of teams early, causing teams to give up on their running game and throw the ball. And without Miller and Bailey for most of the season, teams could easily throw on us.

Now we have Philips (who is having a great season) and Miller back, we have a formidable pass-rush that's only getting better. Denver also has a great run defense, stopping every RB so far this season and even the high-powered RG3/Alfred Morris and Vick/McCoy combos.

In this game, I think the Chiefs will slow the Broncos offense down. I just read an article on Yahoo about how Reid went out and found large CBs to cover the larger, physical Broncos WRs. So you're going to disrupt our offensive juggernaut. But in biased fashion, I think Manning will find a way to score points, especially by leaning on screens and running the ball to slow down the blitzes. I just don't see the Chiefs scoring more points than the Broncos UNLESS the defense causes Manning to give up several turnovers.

It will be a great game and I give you guys mad respect for the turnaround you've made. Finally the West is competitive again and it's really good!

What are your thoughts?

I agree completely that it is going to be a great matchup. I think the home field advantage is going to be hard for us to overcome, but I think we match up well.

Like you said, the key is to put pressure on the QB with a 4-man rush. Oddly enough, I read some stats a few weeks ago that our team has more sacks with a 4-man rush than when we are in our base defense and rush 5. On that note, I wouldnt be surprised to see us with a 2 man line with Poe and a rotation of our other DLinemen in the middle, with Hali and Houston rushing on almost every down, with an occasional blitz by DJ. That would allow us to have an extra cornerback on the field as well as keeping 2 MLBs to cover the run.

Manning is going to score. I doubt we will be able to set the record for most games where we held the opponent under 17 points (we are tied right now). I expect you guys to get at least 21-24 points, if not more. The big question for this matchup is whether we can put up 24-30 points (what I expect it is going to take to win). I dont expect our D to score any touchdowns against the efficient Denver O, unless we force a fumble, so it is likely going to be on our offense to put up points.

Part of me hopes that Reid has been holding back the offense on purpose, but the rational side of me thinks that is not likely.

Yeah I asked the question on the Broncos forum...how do we stop the rush/blitz? If we had Clady, I think he would be a major factor in slowing down the rush. But if we can keep Manning upright and give him more time to throw, he'll pick the Chief's D apart. So the pass rush will be the difference maker in this game IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosFan View Post
    Yeah I asked the question on the Broncos forum...how do we stop the rush/blitz? If we had Clady, I think he would be a major factor in slowing down the rush. But if we can keep Manning upright and give him more time to throw, he'll pick the Chief's D apart. So the pass rush will be the difference maker in this game IMO.
    this forum comment??

I just stumbled into the Chiefs forum and man are they confident. Damn I can't wait to go back there after PFM and Da Broncos blow them out this Sunday. There is a difference playing against last place teams vs playing first place teams. I stumble into the Bolts and Raiders forums, but haven't seen a bunch of arrogant fans like the chiefs (pun intended). As a matter of fact lets sweep them to shut them up. Alex Smith is not gonna have a shootout with PFM. This game will humble them. Go to the kink below and see for yourselves.
    eh??
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

WELCOME!!!! BroncosFan to the Bulletin Board of the best team in the NFL!!!! You'll find that if you respect where you are you'll be well-treated here.

I have no quibble with most anything you said, except for this.....

This is probably the biggest game of either of our team's season.
    It is in fact the biggest game of the year for the broncos. If you win we still remain with an equal record to yours (except for tie-breakers). If the Chiefs win then we are two games ahead of you. Your broncos have their backs against the wall in this game. If you are down 2 games and have to come to Arrowhead then you are deeply in the shi*!

Your thrice-damned donks :) have a good team! No doubt! But like our Chiefs they have not faced much in the way of opposition this year. We haven't played a team that currently has a winning record. You have....once....and you lost. So in reality, both our teams success remains "suspect".

As much of a "homer" as I am, I'm not going to claim this will be an easy game for our Chiefs. You could blow us out. If we beat you it will probably be pretty close. Almost certainly under 10 points and I can see it being a 1-3 point game.

The first half will be the key to the game. Our D has been outstanding in the 3rd quarter and absolute bullies in the 4th quarter. Your offense has been at their best in the 3rd and 4th quarters. Won't happen against our D unless you already have a substantial lead. If you can get a 14 or more point lead in the 1st half then we are in deep trouble. We've yet to show the ability for 14+ point comebacks. If the game is within 6 points at the start of the 4th then we will strangle manning like the Boston Strangler and somehow come up with the points to win--most likely from our D.

We have yet to see both our D and our O come up with 4 quarters of their best or even their "above average" in the same game. We are going to need to if we hope to beat you. We can beat your broncos like rented mules if our D and O both put together a game that lives up to the potential they have shown. Only Sunday will tell.

As things stand right now, I give you the edge in this game because of home field advantage. But I wouldn't bet the price of a beer on this game one way or the other.

Just as an aside.......If your great but old and creaky QB gets hurt I sincerely hope it is not seriously hurt. He is going to be facing a tough pass rush and your boys must have your hearts in your mouths every time he hits the turf.

Best wishes for your coaches speedy recovery and may the best team win!!!
    Last edited by ctchiefsfan; 11-14-2013 at 04:03 PM.

Welcome to the forum I for one enjoy other teams fans as long as they are respectful some smack talk is ok but to do nothing but talk trash is not going to go over well.

As for the game I have said a number of times first I expect Denver to win at home. And the Chiefs to win the rematch at Arrowhead. Both teams are able to win at the others place. But I really see a split.

The key to this game I have said before is not the Chiefs defense vs the Broncos offense. It's the Chiefs offense vs the Broncos defense. If the Chiefs can do what the Chargers did keeping Manning on the sideline that' going to be a big plus in their chances to win the football game. They simply have to be able to finish drives unlike what the Chargers did. But they have to keep the ball away from the Broncos offense as much as they can. The Chiefs offense hasn't been as bad as some think. They have looked really good at times. But they have yet to put it together for a full game. They are going to have to do that to win in Denver.

Miller coming back is going to help your d for sure but I really still think that D is weak. Go back to last year in the playoffs. Even with Miller that D cost you guys in the playoffs. And it wasn't just that one play in OT that cost you. The Ravens put up a ton of points. Miller being suspended hurt for sure so the D numbers made them look worse then what they are with Miller but I still think at the end of the year that's what's going to keep Denver from winning it all.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

18-17, Chiefs! I predict that we will struggle on offense but create some turnovers on defense that allow us to score a few points. Our offensive line will get exposed, again. But I won't be shocked if Manning doesn't finish the game due to injury. Best way to kill a snake is to cut off its head.

Well I ha e to disagree with the bronco fan in which he says majority of broncos fans are worried about the chiefs. I joined the broncos forum past month and 98 % of them say it will be a blowout win for them and that the chiefs are frauds or pretenders. They say our defense is real but cant hold them below 30 points and that we cant score 30 against them. None of them was worried at all. The only thing the was worried about is turnovers bjt they think they cqn shut down charles and that we wont be able to atop their run game. They are way to confident borderline ****y when ot comes to beleivi g they will blow out the chiefs. They even made a thread that they cant wait til pfm (manning) humiliates us on national tv. So I wouldnt say majority of them are worried.
    Funny thing is like the chiefs have beaten all teams .500 pr below like the broncos amd the only team denver faced with a winning record was the colts amd they lost to them. Yet they use our schedule as an excuse.

Well, this is NOT meant as being disrespectful or trash talk, but the reason why the media (and some Broncos fans) have doubted the Chiefs is because of who we faced. The poster above stated that we've both faced bad teams. I disagree. Though Denver's second-half of the schedule is indeed more difficult than the first, we blew out most of our opponents. Even during the Indy game, we had many drives when we blew down the field and scored in less than a minute!

The consensus about the Chiefs is they barely beat lowly teams with no starting QB, like the Browns and Buffalo. Again, no disrespect meant by this post, but I believe this is just as big a game for the Chiefs as it is for the Broncos. A loss for Chiefs would put them in second place and it would prove the media right that KC's record is only a fluke because they haven't faced a decent offense yet.

So winning the game would prove that ya'll are true contenders. When people ask who will go to the Super Bowl, no one gives KC a chance. They're not a well-rounded team. You may think you can slow Denver down, but you just can't outscore Denver.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosFan View Post
    Well, this is NOT meant as being disrespectful or trash talk, but the reason why the media (and some Broncos fans) have doubted the Chiefs is because of who we faced. The poster above stated that we've both faced bad teams. I disagree. Though Denver's second-half of the schedule is indeed more difficult than the first, we blew out most of our opponents. Even during the Indy game, we had many drives when we blew down the field and scored in less than a minute!

The consensus about the Chiefs is they barely beat lowly teams with no starting QB, like the Browns and Buffalo. Again, no disrespect meant by this post, but I believe this is just as big a game for the Chiefs as it is for the Broncos. A loss for Chiefs would put them in second place and it would prove the media right that KC's record is only a fluke because they haven't faced a decent offense yet.

So winning the game would prove that ya'll are true contenders. When people ask who will go to the Super Bowl, no one gives KC a chance. They're not a well-rounded team. You may think you can slow Denver down, but you just can't outscore Denver.
    I don't think that there are many Chiefs fans who think we can outscore Denver. That's why the matchup between the Chiefs offense and Denvers D is so important. I don't know how much of our games you watch but when the Chiefs offense is at it's best they hold on to the ball and go on long drives. That's going to be the Key to beating you guys. The Chiefs are going to have to be at their best offense which will help the defense.

The Chiefs when they are at their best are a very well rounded team. They play complementary football the offense helps the Defense by staying on the field limiting the chances of the other team to score. The defense helps the offense by getting 3 and outs creating short fields for the offense. The problem for them has been they have yet to play at their best for a full game. They have done it for a half or 3 quarters but not a full game. For them to beat Denver they'll have to do that for a full game. It will be a tough one but I think there are a lot of Denver fans out their who think that Denver's going to just walk over the Chiefs. I think this one you guys win 28-24 but I hope to be wrong.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast