Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Discuss the Game with a Broncos Fan

Default Discuss the Game with a Broncos Fan

Hello everyone!
    I have decided to join this forum in hostile territory to discuss this game. This is probably the biggest game of either of our team's season.

First, you should know that the majority of Broncos fans are very worried about this game. We do not believe this will be a blowout. Reason being: we lost to Indy. They provided the blueprint on turning out the Broncos. I admit we got ****y, blowing out teams left and right and now teams know how to take Manning out of the game.

Really: provide a great 4-man rush, putting pressure on Manning and man-coverage against our WRs. Who is able to do this better than the Chiefs? I think the Chiefs could really put pressure on Manning and cause him to cough up some turnovers.

Something I think the Chiefs should be worried about is Denver's defense is much better than they look on paper. Think of it like this...when a team is behind and couldn't put points up on the opposing team all game, then suddenly at the end they run no-huddle and seem to easily move down the field to stay in the game. It's called garbage-time. The Broncos have blown out a lot of teams early, causing teams to give up on their running game and throw the ball. And without Miller and Bailey for most of the season, teams could easily throw on us.

Now we have Philips (who is having a great season) and Miller back, we have a formidable pass-rush that's only getting better. Denver also has a great run defense, stopping every RB so far this season and even the high-powered RG3/Alfred Morris and Vick/McCoy combos.

In this game, I think the Chiefs will slow the Broncos offense down. I just read an article on Yahoo about how Reid went out and found large CBs to cover the larger, physical Broncos WRs. So you're going to disrupt our offensive juggernaut. But in biased fashion, I think Manning will find a way to score points, especially by leaning on screens and running the ball to slow down the blitzes. I just don't see the Chiefs scoring more points than the Broncos UNLESS the defense causes Manning to give up several turnovers.

It will be a great game and I give you guys mad respect for the turnaround you've made. Finally the West is competitive again and it's really good!

What are your thoughts?

So the Donkeys are exceptional with Manning, huh? So exceptional that they've only beaten one team with a winning record coming into the game with the Donks and they still have yet to win a post-season game since Manning has become their starter. Manning, in his 26 starts, hasn't surpassed Tim Tebow in his 1 year as a Donks starting QB, in either of those two areas.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    While I don't agree with you, I have to admit that it is not outside the realm of possibility. The real problem as I see it is that our D just hasn't been as good in the first half as they have been in the 2cond half. Their halftime adjustments have been phenomenal. But I have a hard time seeing us coming back if the donkeys go into the half with a 14 point or more lead. Our D needs to play the entire game like they have the 4th quarter if we are going to pull out a win here.
    So are we ready to make opions based on eye test now, or do we still need to look at skewed stats to convince ourselfs that we are better than we are. Fact of the matter, we are still a good team, but so is Denver and playing any good team on the road is not a favorable situation. As stated before. This offense needed to perform better to have a chance.

I thought it was a really great game last night. The Broncos did really well keeping Manning untouched, which is always the formula if you're going to beat Manning.

I thought the KC defense was better than I thought it would be. They were extremely physical...especially Flowers against Welker. You held Manning to one passing touchdown.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosFan View Post
    I thought it was a really great game last night. The Broncos did really well keeping Manning untouched, which is always the formula if you're going to beat Manning.

I thought the KC defense was better than I thought it would be. They were extremely physical...especially Flowers against Welker. You held Manning to one passing touchdown.
    Yeah, can't wait to see this rematch in our house with our fans. Our offense can only get better and our Defense will be pumped. If you thought it was physical in your house, plan to see more in ours.

Now go do us a favor and lose in New England.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Yeah, can't wait to see this rematch in our house with our fans. Our offense can only get better and our Defense will be pumped. If you thought it was physical in your house, plan to see more in ours.

Now go do us a favor and lose in New England.
    Got that right!!!!!

Not from all the broncos forums I read. They thought they were going to slaughter us

I repped you too, because, why not... see you in Arrowhead.
    *** Kansas City Chiefs 2013 - 2014 ***

Well we did you a favor and lost to New England. That was a rough game to watch. Now it's time to prepare for Arrowhead.

Nah....That was a FUN game to watch! Manning does not handkle the cold very well and it was VERY COLD around here last night.

Well we did you a favor and lost to New England. That was a rough game to watch. Now it's time to prepare for Arrowhead.
    we paid Manning to throw it. C U next wk
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast