Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm just curious......

Default I'm just curious......

When did the donkeys become PUBLIC ENEMY NUMBER ONE in Chiefsland? As a Chiefs fan I go back a long way and to me the raiders will always be the prime enemy. Miami comes in second for that Christmas Day game all those years ago. For me the donks are just that pipsqueek we beat the hell out of from time to time. I know that is not the way it really is any more, but I'm not the sort to let go of a grudge.

When did the donkeys become a more hated enemy than the raiders and those damned fish from Florida????
    Last edited by ctchiefsfan; 11-15-2013 at 12:13 AM.

A good explanation of why I will ALWAYS hate those damned fish from Florida..... http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...est.game.ever/ Never did get to see the film that is referenced in this article. Anybody know where I can watch it?

Want divisional opponent who can rise our division from us is public enemy number 1. Easy as that they are our biggest threat

this is why denver has ALWAYS been a cherished rivalry.

http://www.kansascity.com/2013/11/14...-memories.html

al davis drove the rivalry of old into the ground with managing the raiders his way.

plus denver has been the most successful franchise in the afc west (2 rings the last 15 years).
    Originally from Tonganoxie, KS.

Happily married in Australia!!

Justin......

I understand the donks are the biggest problem right now, but that changes year to year. My feelings about the raiders goes back to the many years when the donkey's weren't even a pimple on an ants ash. A rivalry is not based on who the main enemy is this year but rather on who the main enemy is year in and year out. As a reminder.....the last team to directly keep the Chiefs out of the playoffs was NOT the stupid donkeys. It was the raiders on December 24, 2011. The raiders are and always will be our worst enemy. The donkeys are and always have been PRETENDERS. We will teach them a few lessons this year. But that is like swatting an annoying mosquito. The raiders on the other hand are a hornet with a bad attitude. An enemy to be contended with.

Quote Originally Posted by NickheadKCAU View Post
    this is why denver has ALWAYS been a cherished rivalry.

http://www.kansascity.com/2013/11/14...-memories.html

al davis drove the rivalry of old into the ground with managing the raiders his way.

plus denver has been the most successful franchise in the afc west (2 rings the last 15 years).
    That happened a short 19 years ago. I'm an OLD Chiefs fan. For me the raiders will be PUBLIC ENEMY #1 until they change cities, change names and change divisions.

donkeys = flash-in-the-pan pretenders. No donkey is fit to wash a Chiefs shoe after a mud game on natural turf.

I hate the damned donks this year. But I hates me some raiders EVERY YEAR! As a reminder.....the last team to directly keep the Chiefs out of the playoffs was NOT the stupid donkeys. It was the raiders on December 24, 2011.
    Last edited by ctchiefsfan; 11-15-2013 at 01:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    That happened a short 19 years ago. I'm an OLD Chiefs fan. For me the raiders will be PUBLIC ENEMY #1 until they change cities, change names and change divisions.

donkeys = flash-in-the-pan pretenders. No donkey is fit to wash a Chiefs shoe after a mud game on natural turf.

I hate the damned donks this year. But I hates me some raiders EVERY YEAR! As a reminder.....the last team to directly keep the Chiefs out of the playoffs was NOT the stupid donkeys. It was the raiders on December 24, 2011.
    i see what your saying and I feel the same way. The reason I became a chiefs fan was because I HATE the raiders and their fans.

Ps I live in raider territory

For me Denver has always been public enemy number 1. I grew up in the 90s they were the team that was always hurting the Chiefs. I was a teenager when Elway was beating us and had to suffer through watching them win 2 superbowls. I hate the freaking faiders. I don't like the Chargers. But they don't come close to the hate I have for Denver really. I've always hated Denver more then any other team .
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

i do see your point, and i get it. i was born in 74 myself. and always hated the raiders as you but... when the raiders became the joke of the nfl, i stopped worrying about them.

the last time the raiders imo were relevant was the year the chiefs had to sweep three games against them including the playoffs. not sure what year that was.

but to the chiefs credit, they drove davis mad to the point of senility.

he sold the farm to get back at marcus allen (do you remember al davis implicating allen in the simpson murder trial on monday night?)

yeah, they used to be worthy opponents, but in my eyes, are no longer.

(i personally wished the chiefs of the 90's, had a chance to face the patriots of the new millenium. that would have been nice to see)
    Originally from Tonganoxie, KS.

Happily married in Australia!!

For me, it was when that farce by the officials occurred in that game in KC between the Donks and Chiefs in 1991 and seeing the footage of them behave in the locker room afterward like they had won the game outright, when it was because of major blown calls by the refs. None of the Donks players had the integrity to admit they should have lost. Then of course, seeing them being given 2 SB's and wanting people to think they earned them outright, when they didn't. Think they'll ever admit that the Chiefs got screwed in the 1997 playoff game & that they got a reprieve when Rich Gannon wasn't allowed to play? Fat chance.

As for the 1971 Miami Christmas Day game, at least the Dolphins players admitted that they should have lost. Dolphins CB Tim Foley went on record as saying that the better team didn't win that game.

As for Oakland, at least old-timer George Blanda admitted in his autobiography that the Raiders should have lost that 17-17 tie in KC in 1970.

That's the difference -- at least someone from the Raiders and Dolphins showed some honesty and integrity. You won't see that from the Donkeys camp, not ever.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 11-15-2013 at 01:55 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast