Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Webnews: Chiefs putting priority on pressuring Manning

Thumbs Up
    Received: 87
    Given: 30

Post Webnews: Chiefs putting priority on pressuring Manning

0 Not allowed!
    By Darin Gantt
    While the concern in Denver is about getting Peyton Manning time to rest his sore right ankle, the emphasis in Kansas City remains on keeping him one his toes. The Chiefs know that the key to beating the Broncos Sunday night will be slowing Manning’s incredible roll, and that will require collapsing the pocket. “Hitting… Read more…

Thumbs Up
    Received: 369
    Given: 434

0 Not allowed!
    Without a doubt introducing mr. forehead to Mr. Turf will play an important role in this game. As brdempsey would point out, what remains to be seen is if the zebras will allow us to do it.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 61
    Given: 123

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Without a doubt introducing mr. forehead to Mr. Turf will play an important role in this game. As brdempsey would point out, what remains to be seen is if the zebras will allow us to do it.
    So if KC loses, will this be an excuse we here til the next meeting?

Thumbs Up
    Received: 369
    Given: 434

1 Not allowed!
    Obviously that depends on what happens during the game. Holding takes place to a greater or lesser extent on almost every play. Sometimes the zebras call it tight, sometimes they take a "just let 'em play" attitude. If the enforcement by the zebras is about average, then you'll hear no excuses from me. But everybody knows we are going to be going after manning. Everybody knows that the donks O-line is banged up. If we are successful in pressuring manning they are going to hold and they are going to do it blatantly and consistently. If that happens and the zebras don't call it and it makes an important difference in the game then you can bet I'll be complaining about it.

All I ask is that holding enforcement by the zebras be within the usual parameters.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 666
    Given: 822

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Obviously that depends on what happens during the game. Holding takes place to a greater or lesser extent on almost every play. Sometimes the zebras call it tight, sometimes they take a "just let 'em play" attitude. If the enforcement by the zebras is about average, then you'll hear no excuses from me. But everybody knows we are going to be going after manning. Everybody knows that the donks O-line is banged up. If we are successful in pressuring manning they are going to hold and they are going to do it blatantly and consistently. If that happens and the zebras don't call it and it makes an important difference in the game then you can bet I'll be complaining about it.

All I ask is that holding enforcement by the zebras be within the usual parameters.
    That's the part right there that doobs_05 can't seem to comprehend -- the fact that sort of thing CAN make a difference in the outcome of a game. And yet, he seems to think it's okay to dismiss it as though it never happens. Next he'll be telling us that Hitler's holocaust never happened, but shall I provide visual evidence to the contrary?

The point is, I want the rules to be enforced equally on both teams in this game, because if they aren't, then it is not a level playing field. Personally, I would be totally disgusted if the Chiefs came out ahead on the scoreboard, in any game, because of obvious & blatantly botched calls that decided the outcome, but Donkeys fans could care less about that & will still be in happy celebration, if such a thing helps the Donks come out ahead on the scoreboard & I've seen that up close and personal. True victors and true champions don't win games that way, and that's the part that doobs_05 and 99% of Donkeys fans don't seem to understand.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 11-15-2013 at 06:12 PM.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 476
    Given: 78

0 Not allowed!
    If they are not calling holding on either team then it won't matter to me. I think both O lines would enjoy that and it would help our offense just as much as it would Denver's. But if they are letting Denver hold and calling every hold on the Chiefs then that is anther story.

Denver is going to get calls. It's just going to happen. You know that going into it. You have to be ready for it. You can still win the game but they will get calls. The Chiefs just have to play through it and not let it beat them somehow someway. I don't think you are going to see something that is to blatant from the refs. To many eyes are going to be on the game. They will give Denver calls but the Chiefs will no doubt still have a chance to win if they can put 4 quarters of team play together for the first time this season. That's going to have more to do with the Chiefs winning and losing the the zebras.
    ​BAN ROY

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    If they are not calling holding on either team then it won't matter to me. I think both O lines would enjoy that and it would help our offense just as much as it would Denver's. But if they are letting Denver hold and calling every hold on the Chiefs then that is anther story.

Denver is going to get calls. It's just going to happen. You know that going into it. You have to be ready for it. You can still win the game but they will get calls. The Chiefs just have to play through it and not let it beat them somehow someway. I don't think you are going to see something that is to blatant from the refs. To many eyes are going to be on the game. They will give Denver calls but the Chiefs will no doubt still have a chance to win if they can put 4 quarters of team play together for the first time this season. That's going to have more to do with the Chiefs winning and losing the the zebras.
    Matt, you make many good points, but keep in mind as far as "too many eyes being on the game" that it didn't stop such a thing in '97 and 98. Denver still got away with it & you yourself had posted what Jim Nantz has touched on in the Dallas game.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 11-15-2013 at 06:47 PM.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 476
    Given: 78

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Matt, you make many good points, but keep in mind as far as "too many eyes being on the game" that it didn't stop such a thing in '97 and 98. Denver still got away with it & you yourself had posted what Jim Nantz has touched on in the Dallas game.
    True

Hell former Denver players from the 90s have admited to the chop blocks they would do and even said they were coached on how to get away with it. But to me that's not something a lot of people look for. Not to many people go into a game to watch O line play.

As for the Dallas game also True. Nantz pointed out a few key missed calls in that game. But the difference is that it was not the only game going on at the time. The Sunday and Monday night games get more eyes then a Sunday afternoon game as they are the only games going on at the time

That's not to say I don't think Denver won't have the advantage when it comes to calls from the officals. But I don't think it's going to be so bad that the Chiefs can't win if they do what they need to do.
    ​BAN ROY

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    True

Hell former Denver players from the 90s have admited to the chop blocks they would do and even said they were coached on how to get away with it. But to me that's not something a lot of people look for. Not to many people go into a game to watch O line play.

As for the Dallas game also True. Nantz pointed out a few key missed calls in that game. But the difference is that it was not the only game going on at the time. The Sunday and Monday night games get more eyes then a Sunday afternoon game as they are the only games going on at the time

That's not to say I don't think Denver won't have the advantage when it comes to calls from the officals. But I don't think it's going to be so bad that the Chiefs can't win if they do what they need to do.
    Understood and you are correct that it won't stop the Chiefs from laying a physical beating on the Donks, which I believe the Chiefs Defensive front is capable of doing.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 0

1 Not allowed!
    I absolutely guarantee you the zebras will affect the outcome of the game!!! Personal guarantee!!!!

We will not get the calls we will get like 10 flags to their 2-3 guaranteed!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast