Thread: its a lose lose situation as far as respect goes.

Default its a lose lose situation as far as respect goes.

All i hear is if we lose to the broncos that we will be exposed as a bad team, but if the broncos lose then they are still a good team that just happened to be beat by a team with a winning record. Also if we win we only beat a team that has yet to beat any team over a .500 record so we are still not a good team. Its like the talking heads will spin anything around to make sure the nation knows we are a "bad" team. I say eff em all. GO CHIEFS!!!

Let the naysayers talk all their dumb trash. Terrell Davis was heard saying after the Chiefs game with Dallas that the Chiefs would not win another game. We all see just how his prediction has worked out since then.

It almost sounds like the media want to see the Donkeys be given another SB, just like '97 and '98. Notice that they haven't mentioned anything about the Donkeys not having faced top 5 defenses this year when comes to the all-important stat of points allowed.

Respect reschmecht! The only REAL respect is winning the Super Bowl. But regardless of the Superbowl, the Chiefs will go down in history as the biggest year to year turnaround. It will not be forgotten for decades. The Chiefs have already accomplished respect for the ages....the turnaround of the century. Now we just have to jam the Super Bowl down the throats of the useless know-it-alls.

GO CHIEFS!!!!!!

It's all much ado about nothin, I get concerned when all the talking heads start to pay us homage. Again, if Reid is smart, and I think he is, he is using this kind of press to keep our guys motivated. Win or loose the "naysayers" are gonna say what they're gonna say. I say ignore the talking heads!

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I say ignore the talking heads!
    HUMILIATE THEM!!!!! It's more fun......and if anything this Chiefs team seems to like to have fun!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kearney View Post
    All i hear is if we lose to the broncos that we will be exposed as a bad team, but if the broncos lose then they are still a good team that just happened to be beat by a team with a winning record. Also if we win we only beat a team that has yet to beat any team over a .500 record so we are still not a good team. Its like the talking heads will spin anything around to make sure the nation knows we are a "bad" team. I say eff em all. GO CHIEFS!!!
    Sometimes you got to go out and earn your own kind of respect. I'm guessing that's the case for the Chiefs. Yeah we'll manage to alienate everyone involved with the talking head media, at least outside of KC. But my thought is this...Who cares. Keep in mind a lot of those guys took that job because they're overdue on mansion payments, supporting numerous baby mamas, still trying to profit from "can't miss" real estate ventures, failing restaurants, etc etc...So they're not Chiefs fans...Maybe that's a GOOD omen...

grow thicker skin

The mainstream media is biased one way or another. Everyone seems to want to call the Donks the SB now. Too bad you have to play the games. I say let rhem talk or say what they want. All we can do is hope our team is prepared, focused, and ready for the game at hand. Everyone including the Chiefs ha heard all the negative comments, and reasons why we can't or shouldn't win. Our Vhiefs can shut them all up tomorrow night. As long as it's close in the 4th it's winnable. Now our team can shut up the media. It's their time to shine!! And hopefully our D makes Manning not too ready to see us again in 2 weeks!! Go Chiefs!!
    Doing my best to keep my sons memory alive!!!

We win, and we WILL be the front-runner EVERYWHERE. I don't see any excuses being made, unless Manning doesn't play the whole game.