Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Even the denver media is talking trash now.

Default Even the denver media is talking trash now.

Check out this article from the denver Post. http://bleacherreport.com/tb/dbL5z?u...as-city-chiefs Hope this article gets seen by every Chiefs player.

GO CHIEFS!!!!!

A guy who is a bronco fan writing for the denver post wrote an article bashing the chiefs

i'm shocked

/sarcasm

And yet, you can bet that same writer wouldn't call the '97 and '98 Donkeys a fraud, even though they were.

Will go ahead and paste the article....

he Broncos can do the rest of the NFL a favor and expose Kansas City as a fraud hiding behind its 9-0 record.
    The Chiefs do not have what it takes to win the Super Bowl.
    The Chiefs are a cute story, but nothing more than an inconvenience to serious championship contenders. They're ankle biters. So long as they don't bite the aching ankle of Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning, Denver has nothing to worry about in the AFC showdown Sunday night.
    Rumor has it the Chiefs are the next great NFL defense.
    Truth is: The last time the Chiefs were spotted in Denver, all those legend-in-the-making defenders — including Eric Berry, Justin Houston, Dontari Poe and Tamba Hali — walked off the field in defeat after being torched for 38 points during one of those wintry, 35-degree days that supposedly reduces Manning to a quivering, shivering shell of a quarterback.
    Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning comes off the field after pre-game warm ups in San Diego before facing the Chargers. More photos. (John Leyba, The Denver Post)

Jack Del Rio owns the coolest hair of any NFL coach and is blessed with the strongest jaw to walk a sideline since Bill Cowher retired. Del Rio can let a knucklehead know he doesn't know Jack with a single steely-eyed look. I should know. I got the look from Del Rio by asking this question:
    Do the Chiefs resemble the 2000 Baltimore Ravens, the last NFL defense to win a championship by itself?
    "Not really, yet," said Del Rio, who coached that Baltimore defense. "You have to sustain it over time."
    The Ravens were as nasty as linebacker Ray Lewis' snarl, and Hall of Famer Rod Woodson had his back. Baltimore limited its foes to one touchdown per game and 0.8 points per possession.
    "There have been a few teams that have kind of approached what we did in 2000 and haven't quite matched it," Del Rio said. "But every year, you get a new opportunity. Somebody gets an opportunity to try and chase that down."
    In other words: Have fun trying, Chiefs.
    Kansas City is experimenting with a championship formula that works maybe once a decade in the NFL. A stout defense that can create its own offense. A nondescript quarterback that considers a long pass as anything traveling 5 yards down the field.
    I asked Broncos veteran Champ Bailey: Given a choice between a really good offense and a really good defense, the advantage goes to ...
    "Well, the NFL definitely has made it hard for a really good defense in this league ..." replied Bailey, before quickly showing the proper respect to the Chiefs and insisting it could go either way.
    But we know the facts: The NFL loves offense. The rules are bent in the favor of Denver over K.C.
    Football is an emotional game. The Chiefs are riding high with a chest-thumping joy that feels like magic. It reminds me a little of the smiles caused in Denver back in the day by Tim Tebow.
    The only trouble with magic? It goes poof and is gone.
    Unless the talented front seven of the Kansas City defense can find a way to mess up Manning by treating his right ankle like a chew toy, the Denver offense should shred the Chiefs' secondary.
    This game has 31-13 written all over it. Broncos win. Chiefs go in a tailspin.
    Kansas City throws such an awesome tailgate party, the city doesn't need a great football team, but deserves one. Andy Reid is the prohibitive favorite as coach of the year. And good for Alex Smith if he gives Mr. Know-it-all Harbaugh in San Francisco even one second of doubt about casting aside the wrong quarterback.
    I'm not particularly smart. But what little advanced education that stuck with me was received in the fine state of Missouri.
    So I do know how to spell Chiefs: F-R-A-U-D.
    Mark Kiszla: mkiszla@denverpost.com or twitter.com/markkiszla

Read more: Kiszla: Chiefs are 9-0, but they aren't Super Bowl worthy - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_...#ixzz2klZlKO9P
    Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
    Follow us: @Denverpost on Twitter | Denverpost on Facebook

^^ No respect. The author of that article sounds fearful & he spouts off like he thinks Sunday nights game is going to be the "be all, end all" games for the Chiefs this season. It's not, and they will get another chance in two weeks at KC & by the time the season is done, this game on Nov. 17th in Denver could wind up being totally insignificant for all anybody knows. Notice that he also mentions that 38-3 season final ( like that was really a meaningful game for the Chiefs -- yeah right ), but doesn't mention the game played at Arrowhead in 2012 where the Donks only scored 17 points. It also doesn't mention that the Chiefs have SIX DB's on their roster that weren't there last year.

He's clearly talking out of a black kettle when he mentions the word FRAUD. He need not look any further than the '97 and '98 Donkeys for the real meaning of the word FRAUD.

"A nondescript quarterback that considers a long pass as anything traveling 5 yards down the field."

I'll remember that.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    "A nondescript quarterback that considers a long pass as anything traveling 5 yards down the field."

I'll remember that.

I hope Alex Smith decides to shove those words right down the dumb S.O.B.s throat! Payback can be a POWERFUL motivator!!!! GO ALEX!!!!!!! 4 offensive TDs!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post

I'll remember that.

Most of Mannings passing yards in the SD game came as a result of yards after the catch. There were a couple of downfield throws that were completions, but if SD had tackled properly, then there would have been a lot less yards in Mannings passing totals. For the most part, it was dink and dunk for Manning. Chiefs defenders simply have to be there and tackle Donkeys receivers when they do catch the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    I hope Alex Smith decides to shove those words right down the dumb S.O.B.s throat! Payback can be a POWERFUL motivator!!!! GO ALEX!!!!!!! 4 offensive TDs!!!!!!
    If this happens, then the Chiefs win..........plain and simple.

Yes. If the offense scores 4 TDs then we will all be partying to the wee hours Sunday night. I'm looking for that plus another TD from the D or Special Teams. I don't want us to BBQ the donkeys....I want us to HUMILIATE THEM!!!!!!

This article should be posted in every Chiefs players locker, not only for this game, but also in the rematch in KC in two weeks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast