Thread: Game 10 thoughts/rant about the WR core

Hybrid View

Default Game 10 thoughts/rant about the WR core

The good
    The chiefs didn't get blown out like many thought

Alex Smith played well overall

The defense made a number of stops held manning to 1 passing td

The bad

Our WR core It sucks. You can call me negitive but I'm just calling it like I see it. This is not a one night bad night thing. This has been something that has happened all year long. It was what largely cost the Chiefs the ball game. They couldn't get open. And to me something that I'm starting to see more and more of with them if they don't get open right away they just stop and start watching Alex. That's not going to get the job done. Quiting on the play is just not going to work. If this WR core can't get their together this team isn't going to head anywhere. Again you can call me negitive all you want but that's just how I fell about the WRS on this team right now. They just are NOT getting the job done. People will bash Alex but he CAN NOT catch the ball for these guys. That's not his job. Alex misses some throws yes every QB does just like every team has drops but this team has way to many drops and it's costing the offense like they did tonight. I'm growing tired of this. This team is so close to being able to compete for a title but the WRS are slacking off on the job and they don't seem to care.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    The good
    The chiefs didn't get blown out like many thought

The defense made a number of stops held manning to 1 passing td

The bad

Our WR core It sucks. You can call me negitive but I'm just calling it like I see it. This is not a one night bad night thing. This has been something that has happened all year long. It was what largely cost the Chiefs the ball game. They couldn't get open. And to me something that I'm starting to see more and more of with them if they don't get open right away they just stop and start watching Alex. That's not going to get the job done. Quiting on the play is just not going to work. If this WR core can't get their together this team isn't going to head anywhere. Again you can call me negitive all you want but that's just how I fell about the WRS on this team right now. They just are NOT getting the job done. People will bash Alex but he CAN NOT catch the ball for these guys. That's not his job. Alex misses some throws yes every QB does just like every team has drops but this team has way to many drops and it's costing the offense like they did tonight. I'm growing tired of this. This team is so close to being able to compete for a title but the WRS are slacking off on the job and they don't seem to care.
    Cheer up! The sun will still rise tomorrow!

Sums it up very well, Matt. A better functioning Offense -- especially the WR's -- and it's a totally different ball game tonight.

Dorsey/Reid will not stand pat on the this WR group come this offseason. They will go after playmakers & get rid of the current slackers. Also need a healthy and blossoming Kelce to help at TE.

And you make an excellent point that the WR's just quit on a play and do not try to run to open areas to help Alex Smith out and this has been discussed to death by Len Dawson all season long as well as their inability to get separation from defenders.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Sums it up very well, Matt. A better functioning Offense -- especially the WR's -- and it's a totally different ball game tonight.

Dorsey/Reid will not stand pat on the this WR group come this offseason. They will go after playmakers & get rid of the current slackers. Also need a healthy and blossoming Kelce to help at TE.

And you make an excellent point that the WR's just quit on a play and do not try to run to open areas to help Alex Smith out and this has been discussed to death by Len Dawson all season long as well as their inability to get separation from defenders.
    I'm personally not worried about the offseason. I'm worried about squandering a 9-1 season now

well let's see how they bounce back from the first L

I think Reids' had a belly full of these WR's.
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Quote Originally Posted by KCRaised13 View Post
    I'm personally not worried about the offseason. I'm worried about squandering a 9-1 season now
    Aren't those basically the same thing?

Quote Originally Posted by KCRaised13 View Post
    I don't go along with the term "squandering". Everybody knew this was a rebuilding year & the Chiefs were a work in progress. The progress went better than anyone expected, but this new regime couldn't fix everything in one off-season. So however this season winds up, at least we did see improvement over last year -- more so than what was anticipated -- and it may have over-jacked peoples expectations. Everybody needs to come back to reality & face the fact that the Chiefs Offense isn't playoff caliber. I don't buy the cliche "Defense wins championships". You have to have both Offense and Defense.

Donkeys fans may be in happy celebration & are singing praises about their Defense stopping the Chiefs Offense, but it wasn't defensive brilliance by the Donks that kept the Chiefs from scoring. It was bad play-calling, poor execution, penalties at critical times, and especially dropped passes.

This is hypothetical but, what do you suppose would have happened to the Donks Defense last night if they had gone against the Chiefs Offense from 2003 on one of its better days? That's right, the Donks Defense would have gotten their guts ripped out.

I have to totally disagree with that, dude. IMO, he regressed tonight. He acted nervous, confused and overwhelmed a lot of times. Also he held on to the damn ball too much and got sacked for it.

I was not very excited when we traded two 2s for Smith. For the record I was quite pumped at the rumors that we might go after Nick Foles. But I'm far from an Alex hater. He is a distinct upgrade over Cassel and has my support. So my criticism here is unbiased.

Our WR core It sucks. You can call me negitive but I'm just calling it like I see it. This is not a one night bad night thing. This has been something that has happened all year long. It was what largely cost the Chiefs the ball game. They couldn't get open. And to me something that I'm starting to see more and more of with them if they don't get open right away they just stop and start watching Alex. That's not going to get the job done. Quiting on the play is just not going to work. If this WR core can't get their together this team isn't going to head anywhere. Again you can call me negitive all you want but that's just how I fell about the WRS on this team right now. They just are NOT getting the job done. People will bash Alex but he CAN NOT catch the ball for these guys. That's not his job. .... This team is so close to being able to compete for a title but the WRS are slacking off on the job and they don't seem to care.
    I totally agree with this.

Avery might have been a good receiver, once upon a time. But he is the WR's version of Thomas Jones when we got HIM, a has been.

D-Bowe who has always been one of my favorite players seems to have lost his desire and runs lazy routs. Maybe the big contract brought out the LJ in him. I certainly hope not. We all know his not a separator. His fote is the physical catch. But there were many times tonight that I screamed at the screen when he didn't put up more an effort to secure some hard catches. A super star WR makes the hard catches. Some of the balls thrown at him were not great, but man, THAT'S WHY YOU GET THE BIG MONEY!!!

For the life of me I'm at a loss as to why Hemingway doesn't see more time. Every time he has played he has shown good hands. I just don't get it.

It's time to dump Avery. I think that's why we signed Williams though. I believe they're just giving him time to learn the playbook

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast