Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Game 10 thoughts/rant about the WR core

Default Game 10 thoughts/rant about the WR core

The good
    The chiefs didn't get blown out like many thought

Alex Smith played well overall

The defense made a number of stops held manning to 1 passing td

The bad

Our WR core It sucks. You can call me negitive but I'm just calling it like I see it. This is not a one night bad night thing. This has been something that has happened all year long. It was what largely cost the Chiefs the ball game. They couldn't get open. And to me something that I'm starting to see more and more of with them if they don't get open right away they just stop and start watching Alex. That's not going to get the job done. Quiting on the play is just not going to work. If this WR core can't get their together this team isn't going to head anywhere. Again you can call me negitive all you want but that's just how I fell about the WRS on this team right now. They just are NOT getting the job done. People will bash Alex but he CAN NOT catch the ball for these guys. That's not his job. Alex misses some throws yes every QB does just like every team has drops but this team has way to many drops and it's costing the offense like they did tonight. I'm growing tired of this. This team is so close to being able to compete for a title but the WRS are slacking off on the job and they don't seem to care.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    Why is everyone focused on throwing the ball downfield? Manning ripped us a new one with pick slant routes why not focus on some more if those plays I didn't see any plays from our receivers where they had space to make defenders miss after the catch it was catch and go down all game long. We need a yac WR who can separate
    I focus on it because teams figure we can't do it and so they key on our short passing game. We need a realistic 12-25 yard pass threat to make the short passing game work. Doesn't need to become a big part of our game, but the threat needs to be there and be real.

Realistically, I think our entire receiver corps is our weakest point. Hoping Reid and Dorsey can take BIG steps to correct that next year.

Im not a fan of Marqise Lee. He has been hurt for a lot of this season. And I have seen him drop a lot of passes. While watching a USC game (ive only seen maybe 2 this year), he dropped a pass in the endzone and the announcer says "well thats what you get with Marqise Lee, he makes the great catches, but he drops a lot of passes too." I want someone more consistent.

Id love to get Mike Evans...not sure if he would last that long though - trading up to 14 or 15 to get him though would be worth it, IMHO...

It's called the win column, perhaps you've heard of it?

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    I focus on it because teams figure we can't do it and so they key on our short passing game. We need a realistic 12-25 yard pass threat to make the short passing game work. Doesn't need to become a big part of our game, but the threat needs to be there and be real.
    To me you have to have some faith that the play is going to work

Over the past handful of games the number of downfield passes have increased. Alex was pretty off on the first few but over the last couple of games IMO he got better. Against the Bills there was that PERFECTLY thrown ball to Mccluster. Against Denver there was that throw to Avery not perfect but Avery wasn't WIDE OPEN Alex put the ball where it needed to be. There was anther to Bowe that drew a flag that Bowe could have possibly made a catch on but Bowe quit when the contact was made wanting the flag so we will never really no. Right now I don't see any reason for Reid to have much faith in going down field much. They can't refuse to try but I don't see any reason for that part of the offense to become bigger. We just don't have the guys to pull it off right now.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    To me you have to have some faith that the play is going to work

Over the past handful of games the number of downfield passes have increased. Alex was pretty off on the first few but over the last couple of games IMO he got better. Against the Bills there was that PERFECTLY thrown ball to Mccluster. Against Denver there was that throw to Avery not perfect but Avery wasn't WIDE OPEN Alex put the ball where it needed to be. There was anther to Bowe that drew a flag that Bowe could have possibly made a catch on but Bowe quit when the contact was made wanting the flag so we will never really no. Right now I don't see any reason for Reid to have much faith in going down field much. They can't refuse to try but I don't see any reason for that part of the offense to become bigger. We just don't have the guys to pull it off right now.
    I was speaking about the need to get some receivers that will make that part of the game work. Right now, when Alex does throw the longer balls it not accomplishing much and that is allowing other teams to key on the short passing game. It's something we REALLY need to fix but will almost certainly have to wait 'till next year.

I don't know why we went away from the very successfully slant routes. Also the only time we really tried to get the ball to dmc was on deep sideline routes were you need height also..we just have the right personel on o that's for sure.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678