Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Game 10 thoughts/rant about the WR core

Default Game 10 thoughts/rant about the WR core

The good
    The chiefs didn't get blown out like many thought

Alex Smith played well overall

The defense made a number of stops held manning to 1 passing td

The bad

Our WR core It sucks. You can call me negitive but I'm just calling it like I see it. This is not a one night bad night thing. This has been something that has happened all year long. It was what largely cost the Chiefs the ball game. They couldn't get open. And to me something that I'm starting to see more and more of with them if they don't get open right away they just stop and start watching Alex. That's not going to get the job done. Quiting on the play is just not going to work. If this WR core can't get their together this team isn't going to head anywhere. Again you can call me negitive all you want but that's just how I fell about the WRS on this team right now. They just are NOT getting the job done. People will bash Alex but he CAN NOT catch the ball for these guys. That's not his job. Alex misses some throws yes every QB does just like every team has drops but this team has way to many drops and it's costing the offense like they did tonight. I'm growing tired of this. This team is so close to being able to compete for a title but the WRS are slacking off on the job and they don't seem to care.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

I really think we need a new o-coordinator and some wr's that are faster and can run better routes.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    I really think we need a new o-coordinator and some wr's that are faster and can run better routes.
    Our OC is a work in progress too. Andy seems to believe in him, so for now, I'm supporting him. BTW, he does not make the O calls. Andy does.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    I think the number 1 need for this offense is a REAL number 1 WR Bowe is not it. He has the talent to be it but he lets himself get taken out of games WAY WAY to often.

We have changed QBs how many times had the same issues. We have changed O linemen how many times and had the same issues. We have changed Head coaches how many times and had the same issues. We have changed OCs how many times and had the same issues. There is one spot that we haven't touched. They have alway just assumed that Bowe was the number 1 guy. Maybe it's time we address that one spot that we haven't tried to change and see if that helps the offense.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

It's looking like everybody and their brother here is accepting the fact that the Chiefs need to focus on bringing in playmakers at WR in the off-season. There won't be any debates come draft time in May of 2014, about drafting a WR or two or three at some point in the draft.

Realistically we should expect to draft in the 20-25 range in the 1st. Who among the college WRs are suited for that spot? I'm so far hoping for USC's Marqise Lee. I admit though, I do not yet have extensive data on his abilities.

Any other possibilities?

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post
    Realistically we should expect to draft in the 20-25 range in the 1st. Who among the college WRs are suited for that spot? I'm so far hoping for USC's Marqise Lee. I admit though, I do not yet have extensive data on his abilities.

Any other possibilities?
    Here is some bio on Marqise Lee, but I'm not sure whether or not he will enter the 2014 draft.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...23/marqise-lee

I really like a good rout runner with separation ability (doesn't everybody?). But more so one that catches the ball away from his body. Those are the ones who you see on highlight reels catching balls in strides and gaining BIG yardage.

Is Marqise considered one of those? Who are some others that answer that description?

I don't follow college ball, so I won't comment on specific choices/possibilities, but I'd certainly like to see a WR or two and maybe another tight end or two. Alex is what he is...a ball control type of quarterback, but of recent he has shown a willingness to throw the ball further downfield. I don't think he much likes to, but I think that is more that he doesn't feel confident of it being caught if he throws the longer ball. I can't really blame him too much for feeling that way. When he does throw long he seems to throw high....I suspect because he is making sure that if the intended receiver doesn't catch it then nobody will. That's very much his style....above all else don't make the big mistake like an INT. I think if Alex had more confidence in the WRs he'd be more willing to throw the 12 to 25 yard passes. But that is just my opinion and I claim no special knowledge.

Why is everyone focused on throwing the ball downfield? Manning ripped us a new one with pick slant routes why not focus on some more if those plays I didn't see any plays from our receivers where they had space to make defenders miss after the catch it was catch and go down all game long. We need a yac WR who can separate

Oh, and really WTF has Avery done for us lately? Get that dude off the field. The first couple of games he didn't shine but he definately contributed but last 4-5 games he's been a ghost. Our offense cannot operate efficiently with that lack of consistency.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast