Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Game 10 thoughts/rant about the WR core

Default Game 10 thoughts/rant about the WR core

The good
    The chiefs didn't get blown out like many thought

Alex Smith played well overall

The defense made a number of stops held manning to 1 passing td

The bad

Our WR core It sucks. You can call me negitive but I'm just calling it like I see it. This is not a one night bad night thing. This has been something that has happened all year long. It was what largely cost the Chiefs the ball game. They couldn't get open. And to me something that I'm starting to see more and more of with them if they don't get open right away they just stop and start watching Alex. That's not going to get the job done. Quiting on the play is just not going to work. If this WR core can't get their together this team isn't going to head anywhere. Again you can call me negitive all you want but that's just how I fell about the WRS on this team right now. They just are NOT getting the job done. People will bash Alex but he CAN NOT catch the ball for these guys. That's not his job. Alex misses some throws yes every QB does just like every team has drops but this team has way to many drops and it's costing the offense like they did tonight. I'm growing tired of this. This team is so close to being able to compete for a title but the WRS are slacking off on the job and they don't seem to care.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

How many drops did KC have (real number please)

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    How many drops did KC have (real number please)
    I would like to know that as well.

The last I knew the Chiefs were 7th in the NFL in most dropped passes but that was a few weeks ago before the Bills game. We have added to our total
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    Can anyone answer my questions about why Alex Smith can't throw a Hail Mary? I watched till the very last second just to see what would happen with Alex trying the ultimate deep ball, but he wouldn't even attempt it
    It takes time to let the receivers run 55 yards down field at least 5 seconds and that means the defense can not be putting pressure on in 2 seconds and that is why we do not through the ball deep, it takes time and Alex does not have that very often.

At least the sun came up again today and the world did not end when the Chiefs lost, lets go on and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post
    Please folks, stay off of this guy's back. HE IS A ROOKIE FOR PETE's SAKES. A converted one at that and in the biggest most pressure filled venue he's ever had to perform. Can you really blame him for being a little wide eyed and overwhelmed early? Veteran QBs test a young kid in the group all the time, and he was being tested by the big bad Peyton freaking Manning. Can you imagine the pressure his young mind was under?!

Cooper wasn't "routinely abused." He fell off the horse but kept getting back on. By the end of the game he was playing as solid as anyone in the secondary. Dude, is a keeper.
    Agreed. He was playing well for us beforehand, showed good focus so he got the nod over Sean Smith, who is physically a more imposing player but at times a little less focused. Let's face it, Peyton Manning has burned a whole lot of DB's.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post
    Running routs are subject to correct execution. If the receiver does not execute them well, then he's not getting any separation unless it's by accident.

As for WR coach, here's where I almost wish we had Todd Haley there. There's no question that he was responsible for Bowe's development. And without Haley's effect, and with the big contract, it seems D-Bowe has regressed some. I don't know if Culley is the task master Haley was.
    Haley did crack the whip, when it came to recievers. Maybe with the dual responsibility of Cully's job has caused a lack of attention to the WR's, little late in the season to be working on it now, but there's still a good chunk of time. Do know from reading the stories in the KC star that early in training camp the WR spots were under Reid's microscope, and it's a big part of the reason for the Baldwin/Jenkins trade.

Whatever happened to Jenkins?

We had atleast 13 drops

The one bad thing about those drops, is tom brady has the worst drop rate with his WRs but they still find a way to win

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Whatever happened to Jenkins?
    he's collecting a his salary, nothing more

Charles has to be up there in the drop department, amazing runner, not so great down field receiver
    Last edited by rodu; 11-18-2013 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    The one bad thing about those drops, is tom brady has the worst drop rate with his WRs but they still find a way to win
    Colts as well. This website keeps track of dropped passes by team. We are #5, with the Pats being #1.
    http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/st...rcentage/2013/

Here they show the dropped passes by player. JC is tied with a bunch of other people for the 2nd most.
    http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2013/

Granted these are not official statsand somewhat subjective, so different websites will have different numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    Can anyone answer my questions about why Alex Smith can't throw a Hail Mary? I watched till the very last second just to see what would happen with Alex trying the ultimate deep ball, but he wouldn't even attemp it
    Because you have to give the receiver time to get down there other wise it is the same as a punt. The chiefs went basically five wide leaving the offensive line alone with no help from the RB or FB blocking. The pass protection breaks down and he is sitting there holding the ball ready to get killed.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast