Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: An overlooked problem with our offense.

Unhappy An overlooked problem with our offense.

I have seen may reasons offered as to why our O is struggling. But I do not remember this one discussed. We jump around blaming the new scheme, the O-line, the QB, the receivers, the OC, the O-line coach, the play calling, etc. But we should not overlook the fact that this offense is sorely lacking in locker room leadership. We simply do not have motivating veteran players on our Offense. The closest I can think of that should have assumed that role are:

1. Alex Smith- All the talk about his game manager label, added to the fact that he simply distrusts his receivers does not earn him a general's credibility among the rest of the O players.

2. Jamaal Charles- Dude is an awesome RB, who performs well on the field. But I have not detected anything in his demeanor as a star player who should demand perfection from his fellow offense players.

3. Branden Albert- He demanded LT money and showed himself pretty selfish in the off season refusing to accept a move to a more suitable position where he can possibly excel. In the process he has been no more than an average LT delaying Fisher's development.

4. Dwaine Bowe- I was really happy with his never say die attitude during the ugly disaster that was 2012. At times he literally carried the offense on his shoulders last year. This year, after the big contract he seems to have lost his focus and desire to play hard. This is the saddest one of all, because he has the talent and the outspoken personality for the leadership role.

5. (Can't think of any other) :(
    Last edited by Frankenchief; 11-19-2013 at 02:38 PM.

An interesting point. Not entirely sure I feel that is the problem but it certainly COULD BE. Got to cogitate on that a little bit.

Our offense is stuck in the past few seasons, I believe they will come to eventually. Maybe Fisher will be the guy, or who knows. I agree on Dwayne Bowe, he has the potential to lead this squad.

I honestly think it is a WR problem. Think about the WR's we've had in this team over the last 5 years. Have any of them left and had success on other teams? I can't think of any. Matter of fact, I'm struggling to come up with any that have even made the roster in another team. The only receiver that left and had success is Tony Gonzalez. And he was successful in KC. We haven't had good WR's here for a LONG LONG time. Dwayne Bowe is a best we've had and he is a mediocre possession receiver. He's not a good route runner. He can't get separation and drops way too many balls. He's the best we've had by a long shot. We have a good enough running back that we should be able to pass the ball. I would imagine WR will be the #1 need during this coming offseason. We've had too many retreads to count.

This is on the Sherman fumble, Alex has got to see either bowe or Avery wide open.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I honestly think it is a WR problem. Think about the WR's we've had in this team over the last 5 years. Have any of them left and had success on other teams? I can't think of any. Matter of fact, I'm struggling to come up with any that have even made the roster in another team. The only receiver that left and had success is Tony Gonzalez. And he was successful in KC. We haven't had good WR's here for a LONG LONG time. Dwayne Bowe is a best we've had and he is a mediocre possession receiver. He's not a good route runner. He can't get separation and drops way too many balls. He's the best we've had by a long shot. We have a good enough running back that we should be able to pass the ball. I would imagine WR will be the #1 need during this coming offseason. We've had too many retreads to count.
    Agree 100%

As I have said we've tried so many different Qbs we have brought in so many different O linemen we have had many different HC,OCs There is one spot on the offense that we have not tried to address. That's the number 1 WR spot. It's always been assumed that Bowe is that guy. He's a top level number 2 IMO but not a number 1.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis_Chiefs View Post
    This is on the Sherman fumble, Alex has got to see either bowe or Avery wide open.
    I saw that on anther site.

My thoughts are this to me it looks like Alex has already began throwing the ball. The defender on the bottom is already starting to run towards Sherman and it looks like the defender on top is starting to change and go to Sherman as well. I would like to see this play just a tad earlier before I can say how open they were
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I saw that on anther site.

My thoughts are this to me it looks like Alex has already began throwing the ball. The defender on the bottom is already starting to run towards Sherman and it looks like the defender on top is starting to change and go to Sherman as well. I would like to see this play just a tad earlier before I can say how open they were
    Balls still in Alex's hand just, he could have pump faked to Sherman then looked to Bowe/Avery. The issue I have is that if the easy short throw is open he will throw to that receiver usually without looking downfield atall.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Last year's D-Bowe I would gladly want on this team every freaking year. He needs another attitude adjustment ala Haley.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis_Chiefs View Post
    Balls still in Alex's hand just, he could have pump faked to Sherman then looked to Bowe/Avery. The issue I have is that if the easy short throw is open he will throw to that receiver usually without looking downfield atall.
    That sounds good but that's just something that's WAY easier said then done when a QB is already in the process of throwing . I don't know if Alex would be able to pull that off.

On a side note. Maybe Alex should start useing some pump fakes I haven't seen many if any at all. Maybe that would be a useful thing for him to add.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast