Thread: The offense

Default The offense

I was impressed at what I saw today from the Offense. Smith was very accurate. There were only 3 passes that I thought were very inaccurate, one was almost a pick, one was picked and the other was when he overthrew the TE along the sideline. More importantly, the receivers caught the ball.

The OL did a good job in the run game giving JC the holes he needed to break some runs. I would like to see a few more runs called, as we are moving the ball later in the game and it helps to set up the play action better.

This offense needs a good possession receiver. I never did quite understand drafting Travis Kelce with our second pick (Although Reid did draft his brother while in Phili). Who did San Diego draft 13 picks later? Keenan Allen - who destroyed us today.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    This offense needs a good possession receiver. I never did quite understand drafting Travis Kelce with our second pick (Although Reid did draft his brother while in Phili). Who did San Diego draft 13 picks later? Keenan Allen - who destroyed us today.
    Agreed, and Dexter McCluster ISN'T that guy. He is a spot player, but not a go-to guy. The Chiefs are trying to make him into something that he isn't.

This is the first time this year that we saw decent performance by our offense. They played today like a team that should make the playoffs. On the other hand, the defense did not show up today. In fairness, they did not play poorly as a group, but I just do not understand what the attraction of Sean Smith is to the coaches. I have not seen a good play from him all season and he cost us a game today.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    This is the first time this year that we saw decent performance by our offense. They played today like a team that should make the playoffs. On the other hand, the defense did not show up today. In fairness, they did not play poorly as a group, but I just do not understand what the attraction of Sean Smith is to the coaches. I have not seen a good play from him all season and he cost us a game today.
    Agreed about the offense. They played like they were trying to prove something, and did.

Also agreed about Sean Smith. Way too many times the guy is out of position. He's got great size for a corner but that does no good if he's not in position to make the play. That last TD SD scored, he should've seen that one coming. He's had some good plays but there's been a lot of times where it's like he falls asleep.

Disagree about the entire defense. Losing Hali and Houston was not easy. Wish the coaches would've mixed in some zone D but Rivers was getting streaky, he probably would've picked that apart, too.

I don't think it is entirely fair to blame the loss on Sean Smith. I think the loss is really more a matter of losing Hali and Houston. With them gone Rivers picked us apart. Until they were both out we were handling Rivers pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    I don't think it is entirely fair to blame the loss on Sean Smith. I think the loss is really more a matter of losing Hali and Houston. With them gone Rivers picked us apart. Until they were both out we were handling Rivers pretty well.
    I think the loss was more on Cooper than anybody, both of these losses cooper has been picked apart pretty badly. I'll admit when Sean Smith gets beat he's beat badly but he's not targeted very much so it must mean he's doing something right. I don't like Demps as our kick returner I see way too much hesitation on what lane he's going to hit instead of exploding, but Demps is solid on defense. I think picking up a good slot receiver and putting DMC back on all returns would be a better offense/special teams moves

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Agreed, and Dexter McCluster ISN'T that guy. He is a spot player, but not a go-to guy. The Chiefs are trying to make him into something that he isn't.

I agree. As a Chiefs fan from Illinois, I see them trying to do the same thing the Bears tried to do with Devin Hester. It didn't work for the Bears and I don't think it will work for the Chiefs.