Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Game 11 thoughts the fact about this defense

Default Game 11 thoughts the fact about this defense

This one HURTS badly

The good

The offense THEY DID THEIR JOB. 38 points their is 0 excuse for the d to lost that game the way they did today.

The bad

The defense.
    Yes I know they lost Hali and Houston but that's no excuse for the 41 points. That's the thing with this core group of defenders. When things get tough they FOLD their tents. Last year they did it time and time again. And they did it today. Very upset with these guys right now. They got a lot of praise for how they played early in the year. But they need to feel the heat for this. They can't keep folding the moment things get tough

Andy Reid Keeps being pass happy. The running game had a number of nice runs and he didn't stick to it. And lets night forget the bad timeout call late in the game instead of at the very least running the clock down he called a time out with about 20 secounds left on the playclock.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

I put tbis lost all on reid. 1st and goal down by 3 with a little over a minute. The first call you play is a pass that got a td but left a 1:26 on th3 clock. I was there and first thing I did was turn to my cousin and said that was a hug3 mistake that w3 left to much time on the clock. We should have run 3 straight times amd burn the clock. If you cam score from about the 5 in the run tries andthe very least you get a tie and then overtime. Even if w3 just ran it one time it woulr hav3 burned 25 seconds atleast or force the chargers to burn a timeout. This was reid. Yes there was some other play in the game that coukd have changed but we were in the driver seat and reid blew it. He kills me eith the lafk of run plays a5 key moments. Then on 3rd and short he goes spread with charles split out with no threat of a run. Wtf. Reid just cost us a game. I have not been impressed with reids play calling yet this year.

Our DB's need upgrading - Flowers and Smith are not long term answers, Berry is inconsistent, and Lewis should be on special teams. Rookie WR killed us today. Our sack total would not be 0 for last 4 games if these guys were doing their jobs.
    Last edited by Bike; 11-24-2013 at 06:47 PM.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    I put tbis lost all on reid. 1st and goal down by 3 with a little over a minute. The first call you play is a pass that got a td but left a 1:26 on th3 clock. I was there and first thing I did was turn to my cousin and said that was a hug3 mistake that w3 left to much time on the clock. We should have run 3 straight times amd burn the clock. If you cam score from about the 5 in the run tries andthe very least you get a tie and then overtime. Even if w3 just ran it one time it woulr hav3 burned 25 seconds atleast or force the chargers to burn a timeout. This was reid. Yes there was some other play in the game that coukd have changed but we were in the driver seat and reid blew it. He kills me eith the lafk of run plays a5 key moments. Then on 3rd and short he goes spread with charles split out with no threat of a run. Wtf. Reid just cost us a game. I have not been impressed with reids play calling yet this year.
    The more I think about it the more it comes back to even with that timeout call this defense had a lead a long field and only a tad over 1:00 on the clock. The killing the clock wouldn't have happened really anyway since the Chargers had a couple of Time outs left. and seeing that the D couldn't stop them with a long field with just over 1:00 left what if the Chargers win the coin toss does anyone really think that the D could have stopped them. The more I think about it the less of an issue this becomes. The defense was given the lead they didn't hold it at the end of the day that's what it comes down to.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

It comes down to being opportunistic. We were all over opportunities the first half. We had three dropped INT's. Three ball straight hit our guys in the hands and nothing. The offense is capable of putting points up. Which to me is an outstanding sign. I'm pumped to see next week. As long as we have Houston we will be okay.

Striaght up up sucks about hali. We were all over Rivers before the two of them went down. Head up folks. We got seriously hit with some bad luck today. Bring on the Donks.

Let us not forget we were 2 and 14 last year.

Whats the skinny on Hali? Didn't look good...season ending not good.

First half of the season not first half of today's game .

After watching some of the highlights (or lowlights for us Chiefs fans), I put the blame squarely on the coaching staff. Why were we in bump and run coverage with only 1 safety over the top on the last TD?! Add in that the pass rush was nonexistent without Hali and Houston and there is no reason you would be in bump coverage. Our guys can cover man to man, but not when the QB can just sit back and look for the small opening and have time to put the ball in a small window. I give Smith credit, after all, another 6 inches and he would have swatted that ball away.

We really NEED the splatriots to win tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    We really NEED the splatriots to win tonight.
    No reason that they shouldn't. The Pats Offense should be able to score a lot of points, if they don't stop themselves.

And sure enough the Pats coughed it up & the Donks got a Defensive TD.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 11-24-2013 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    After watching some of the highlights (or lowlights for us Chiefs fans), I put the blame squarely on the coaching staff. Why were we in bump and run coverage with only 1 safety over the top on the last TD?! Add in that the pass rush was nonexistent without Hali and Houston and there is no reason you would be in bump coverage. Our guys can cover man to man, but not when the QB can just sit back and look for the small opening and have time to put the ball in a small window. I give Smith credit, after all, another 6 inches and he would have swatted that ball away.
    I have to agree here. Smith (or Flowers) just aren't fast enough for bump and run coverage.
    SHUT IT

OMG!!!! Splats game not going well.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast