Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Folks, we were not going to win the superbowl!!!!!

Default Folks, we were not going to win the superbowl!!!!!

This is a preemptive thread title with the anticipation of some fans being ready to commit suicide.

Our team is solid, overachieving, and -in the long term- rising. All great and hopeful signs. But we are far from the best team in the NFL. We are just not deep enough. Never was this fact more evident, than after Hali and Houston went out - who in my book amount to half of our defense - we were ripe for the picking.

The old successful Giants always drafted more pass rushers even when their roster looked saturated with them. I don't know how Dorsey is going to handle this, but we need another pass rusher very close to Hali and Houston's caliber for depth and rotation.

And there's no disputing the fact that we need help at Oline (ESPECIALLY CENTER!), and WR. But pass rush, pass rush, pass rush. We need to elevate what looks like a position of power into a position of utter scariness.

Tall order, but let's hope Dorsey and Reid are capable of doing this.

Meanwhile, let's enjoy the rest of the season and hope we can manage to win one playoff game. Baby steps.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post
    Denver is in the driver seat regarding who wins the division. Even if, given the sudden defensive problems, somehow we win this Sunday it will be considered a small miracle. We most likely cannot outrace them to the finish line on two flat tires. That means we will still probably lose one or two more games than they will the rest of the way. A 5th seed is what we can realistically hope for, whether or not we beat the Donks this weekend. So, yes, you are pretty right on with this post. We need to start preparing for the 5th seeding and go from there.
    Not so sure about that, most likely the 5th place seed is going to play Brady IN foxborough. I like our chances in the playoffs better if we had home field advantage. We are 2-3 wins away from clinching 5th seed, need to focus on winning our division IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    Not so sure about that, most likely the 5th place seed is going to play Brady IN foxborough. I like our chances in the playoffs better if we had home field advantage. We are 2-3 wins away from clinching 5th seed, need to focus on winning our division IMO
    While I understand your point, we have to be realistic about our chances of winning the AFC West. To do that we would almost assuredly have to win out from here.

If we were to beat Denver this Sunday then we are up 1 game on them. Looking at the donkey's schedule, they play at Chiefs, Titans and dolts in Denver then Texans and raiders on the road. I don't see a lot of potential for a loss there other than possibly at Arrowhead.

So say we beat them this week and are up one game....unless we were to win out from there, they would probably wind up with a tied record with us in which case they win the division due to the tie-breaker. So as much as I HATE saying it, we are probably playing for the 5th seed. I think we would be better off resting players that are dinged up this week and trying to get as healthy as possible for the playoffs and hopefully a 3rd shot at the denver foreheads.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    While I understand your point, we have to be realistic about our chances of winning the AFC West. To do that we would almost assuredly have to win out from here.

If we were to beat Denver this Sunday then we are up 1 game on them. Looking at the donkey's schedule, they play at Chiefs, Titans and dolts in Denver then Texans and raiders on the road. I don't see a lot of potential for a loss there other than possibly at Arrowhead.

So say we beat them this week and are up one game....unless we were to win out from there, they would probably wind up with a tied record with us in which case they win the division due to the tie-breaker. So as much as I HATE saying it, we are probably playing for the 5th seed. I think we would be better off resting players that are dinged up this week and trying to get as healthy as possible for the playoffs and hopefully a 3rd shot at the denver foreheads.
    Well said. EXACTLY my point from word 1 to the last word.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post
    Well said. EXACTLY my point from word 1 to the last word.
    Thank you. I don't like saying it, but I think resting the guys that are dinged up this weekend against the foreheads is simply a better strategy for making some sort of run in the playoffs.

I ask all my fellow Chiefs fans.....

What would be better......Winning the West and losing in the first playoff game because we were dinged up or going in as a Wildcard and having an excellent chance of winning the first Wildcard round because most or all our players were at or near 100%?

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    Never thought KC was going to win the whole thing anyways. I'll be shocked if they get to the playoffs and win a game (in a good way)
    Well.... we are in a stretch of playoff-type games now.

I could see us learning how to win the big games and taking that experience to the postseason with us.

But I do agree, for the most part. This team has looked like, in most of our games like a team about to get 'exposed'.

This Chiefs team is not as good as we hoped it was a few weeks ago and it's not as bad as many are starting to think it is. This team remains the best we have put on the field in quite a while.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234