Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Folks, we were not going to win the superbowl!!!!!

Default Folks, we were not going to win the superbowl!!!!!

This is a preemptive thread title with the anticipation of some fans being ready to commit suicide.

Our team is solid, overachieving, and -in the long term- rising. All great and hopeful signs. But we are far from the best team in the NFL. We are just not deep enough. Never was this fact more evident, than after Hali and Houston went out - who in my book amount to half of our defense - we were ripe for the picking.

The old successful Giants always drafted more pass rushers even when their roster looked saturated with them. I don't know how Dorsey is going to handle this, but we need another pass rusher very close to Hali and Houston's caliber for depth and rotation.

And there's no disputing the fact that we need help at Oline (ESPECIALLY CENTER!), and WR. But pass rush, pass rush, pass rush. We need to elevate what looks like a position of power into a position of utter scariness.

Tall order, but let's hope Dorsey and Reid are capable of doing this.

Meanwhile, let's enjoy the rest of the season and hope we can manage to win one playoff game. Baby steps.

Well said. Good strides have been made this year, but the pieces are not all there, yet. As for the O-line, yes the interior could certainly be upgraded. I'd like to see them keep Schwartz, as he can play Guard or Tackle. Albert can walk, with Fisher taking over LT and Stephenson being given a full-time job at RT. Allen, Asamoah, and Hudson can be upgraded most certainly.

As for another pass-rusher, keep an eye on a kid named Trent Murphy from Stanford, who might be available to the Chiefs and might be a good fit for this Defense. It's time to groom a replacement for Hali, anyway.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 11-24-2013 at 05:59 PM.

After a 2-14 season, I expected 8-8 this year. We have exceeded that by the bye week, so all is good in my book. BUT - San Diego also has a new regime in place - and came to our house and beat us. I had this game pinned as a win at the beginning of the season. Lotsa work yet to be done, and I fully expect an AFC championship by year 3 of Dorsey/Reid.
    SHUT IT

I was livid at the loss especially at at home, but just can't find it within me to be disappointed in the season. Reid and Dorsey has done in less than one season what the last two regimes took two or more seasons to accomplish. As a Chiefs fan I had grown accustom to loosing, but Reid and Dorsey has changed the atmosphere in KC.

Here's an out of the box thought, related to the topic:

Jared Allen has hinted that he may not be with the Vikes next year. He will require a big salary, but if it were financially doable would you want him back with us as a converted 34 OLB to put in rotation with Hali and Houston?

Allen washed up

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    Allen washed up
    Would you want him in a Denver uniform next year?

No ledge sitting for me!!!! The Splatriots WON tonight!!!! We're tied with the double-damned donkeys and they have to come to our house next Sunday.

I never expected a Super Bowl this year. A winning record would have made me more than happy.

But I would like to remind everybody of some things......

Tonight was our best offensive performance yet this year. And Offense has been our big problem all year. That is encouraging.

Once the playoffs start it is a WHOLE NEW SEASON!!!! And the CHIEFS are probably going to the playoffs.

If our Defense can get healthy and our Offense can put of 38 points per game then the Super Bowl is NOT out of the question!!!

GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!

Before we get too far into the next draft....Let's see what the MRI's say about Hali and Houston.

My hope is that free agency can land us a monster WR or pass rusher. We don't have a 2nd round draft pick (Alex Smith trade) so that leaves our (later in the round) #1, and a #3. We're going to need another tackle (assuming that Albert will be gone), and a backup center couldn't hurt. So it doesn't leave us with a whole lot to work with, outside of trading off current talent or restructuring contracts.

The big thing in our favor is that players WANT to play for Reid. We'll be able to interview players that wouldn't come within 50 miles of arrowhead if Pioli was still here.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    We're going to need another tackle (assuming that Albert will be gone), and a backup center couldn't hurt. So it doesn't leave us with a whole lot to work with, outside of trading off current talent or restructuring contracts.
    Not a back up center. A STARTING CENTER! Ours sucks. Most of the QB pressures come right through him. And our short yardage up-the-middle charge is really inept because of him, IMO. When we get a 1st and goal on the 1 or 2, I'm never confident that sending Jamaal up the middle will end up with 6.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast