Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Folks, we were not going to win the superbowl!!!!!

Default Folks, we were not going to win the superbowl!!!!!

This is a preemptive thread title with the anticipation of some fans being ready to commit suicide.

Our team is solid, overachieving, and -in the long term- rising. All great and hopeful signs. But we are far from the best team in the NFL. We are just not deep enough. Never was this fact more evident, than after Hali and Houston went out - who in my book amount to half of our defense - we were ripe for the picking.

The old successful Giants always drafted more pass rushers even when their roster looked saturated with them. I don't know how Dorsey is going to handle this, but we need another pass rusher very close to Hali and Houston's caliber for depth and rotation.

And there's no disputing the fact that we need help at Oline (ESPECIALLY CENTER!), and WR. But pass rush, pass rush, pass rush. We need to elevate what looks like a position of power into a position of utter scariness.

Tall order, but let's hope Dorsey and Reid are capable of doing this.

Meanwhile, let's enjoy the rest of the season and hope we can manage to win one playoff game. Baby steps.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post
    Not a back up center. A STARTING CENTER! Ours sucks. Most of the QB pressures come right through him. And our short yardage up-the-middle charge is really inept because of him, IMO. When we get a 1st and goal on the 1 or 2, I'm never confident that sending Jamaal up the middle will end up with 6.
    Hey if they drafted a monster center or another monster O-line I wouldn't complain...Problem is, to find a MONSTER center, it'd probably be a 1st rounder. We don't have the luxury of a 2nd round pick in 2014 because of the Alex Smith trade.

Not a back up center. A STARTING CENTER! Ours sucks. Most of the QB pressures come right through him. And our short yardage up-the-middle charge is really inept because of him, IMO. When we get a 1st and goal on the 1 or 2, I'm never confident that sending Jamaal up the middle will end up with 6.
    I have to agree that Hudson hasn't been as good as I hoped he would be & Allen and Asamoah could also be upgraded, as well. As for Center, perhaps Kush might develop in 2014 and push Hudson out of a job, as Kush does have room to bulk up to 320lbs on his 6-4 frame. Kush didn't look bad in preseason & maybe he develops into starting material in 2014. I don't know if there is a monster Center to be had in the draft in 2014 & I would prefer a pass-rusher or an ace WR.

Who are you to be trying to talk people off a ledge Frankenchief? You are the worst one. The sky falls everytime we have to punt with you. I'm sorry but I don't need you coming on here telling me or the rest of chiefscrowd that the chiefs season is over because we are still tied for first place

All I have to say, is that I don't believe this team is a Superbowl Team or even a good play off team, however, if our Offense performed at all like it did yesterday last week, we would have beat the Donkies and had both our start players not got hurt, I believe we would have won yesterday. Then my opinion would have greatly changed of this team. I saw something the last two weeks that has me believing this team is better than just beating up on bad team. I do think they can win a play off game, and the remaining schedule will help prepare them for it. However, they need to focus on just the Broncos this week and worry about the teams they have to play before we go all Hypothetical. At this point, the play offs are not guaranteed.

Teams are figuring out how to beat our man coverage with constantly running picks. Marcus Cooper has become a huge liability with Picks. If we can adapt and fix these issues and win two more games then there is no reason, to think this team is a play off team and possible Superbowl contender.

Never thought KC was going to win the whole thing anyways. I'll be shocked if they get to the playoffs and win a game (in a good way)

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Hey if they drafted a monster center or another monster O-line I wouldn't complain...Problem is, to find a MONSTER center, it'd probably be a 1st rounder. We don't have the luxury of a 2nd round pick in 2014 because of the Alex Smith trade.
    Pretty good centers are usually available in the 3rd round or later in most drafts. If not, I'm sure there are versatile OGs that could be converted.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    I don't know if there is a monster Center to be had in the draft in 2014 & I would prefer a pass-rusher or an ace WR.
    Not "or"... "AND."

Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    Who are you to be trying to talk people off a ledge Frankenchief? You are the worst one. The sky falls everytime we have to punt with you. I'm sorry but I don't need you coming on here telling me or the rest of chiefscrowd that the chiefs season is over because we are still tied for first place
    Confucius says, "One must never accuse, without evidence, lest one looks silly."

As for objecting to my thread here, you are welcome to just stay out of it. Obviously it's not for you, my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    All I have to say, is that I don't believe this team is a Superbowl Team or even a good play off team, however, if our Offense performed at all like it did yesterday last week, we would have beat the Donkies and had both our start players not got hurt, I believe we would have won yesterday. Then my opinion would have greatly changed of this team. I saw something the last two weeks that has me believing this team is better than just beating up on bad team. I do think they can win a play off game, and the remaining schedule will help prepare them for it. However, they need to focus on just the Broncos this week and worry about the teams they have to play before we go all Hypothetical. At this point, the play offs are not guaranteed.

Teams are figuring out how to beat our man coverage with constantly running picks. Marcus Cooper has become a huge liability with Picks. If we can adapt and fix these issues and win two more games then there is no reason, to think this team is a play off team and possible Superbowl contender.
    Well said.

Not "or"... "AND."
    I'm referring to the 1st draft pick -- hence the "or". But, yes, they do need both.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast