Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Houston

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    614
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 80
    Given: 70

    Default Houston


    0 Not allowed!
    Published: Nov. 27, 2013 at 08:08 p.m.
    Updated: Nov. 27, 2013 at 11:26 p.m.
    Chiefs' Justin Houston (elbow) could miss 2 to 3 weeks


    Marc Sessler
    Around the League Writer


    What's different about Broncos vs. Chiefs?
    The Kansas City Chiefs have a better idea about when they'll have Justin Houston back in the lineup.


    NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Wednesday that the Chiefs' premier pass rusher won't need surgery, but could miss two to three weeks with the dislocated elbow he suffered in Sunday's loss to the San Diego Chargers, according to a pair of sources informed of the MRI results.


    Testing revealed the presence of sprained ligaments and torn muscles in the elbow, but the timeline is better news than some expected after swelling prevented the outside linebacker from undergoing an MRI earlier in the week.


    With Houston's fellow edge rusher Tamba Hali battling a "slight" ankle sprain, the Chiefs won't badger quarterbacks to the same degree, but both should be fully operational before long.


    A three-week absence for Houston would leave Kansas City vulnerable this Sunday against the Denver Broncos, but the following two weeks bring the beatable Washington Redskins and Oakland Raiders. The Chiefs -- even with Houston and Hali in the fold -- haven't rushed the passer as effectively over the past month, but this remains the AFC's most dangerous duo of outside linebackers.


    The latest "Around The League Podcast" previewed all three of the big Thanksgiving games on the schedule.

  2. #2
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,543
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 373
    Given: 74

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Well it's not the worst news so I'll take it

  3. #3
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Location
    In Ohio somewhere
    Posts
    650
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

  4. #4
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Falls Village, Ct
    Posts
    3,485
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 315
    Given: 307

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Yup. Could have been a lot worse.

  5. #5
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Read the name dumbass!!
    Posts
    13,330
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    With Justin Houston on the field this season, opposing QBs are posting a 27.9 Total QBR and have thrown more interceptions than touchdown passes. Without Houston, opposing QBs have been much more productive. A look at the stats:

    Category With Without
    Comp pct. 54.8 65.6
    Total QBR 27.9 94.4
    Yards per att 6.7 10.8
    TD-INT 10-12 3-0
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

  6. #6
    Member Since
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Topeka< KS
    Posts
    2,327
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 211
    Given: 58

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    With Justin Houston on the field this season, opposing QBs are posting a 27.9 Total QBR and have thrown more interceptions than touchdown passes. Without Houston, opposing QBs have been much more productive. A look at the stats:

    Category With Without
    Comp pct. 54.8 65.6
    Total QBR 27.9 94.4
    Yards per att 6.7 10.8
    TD-INT 10-12 3-0
    Opposing QBs? That would be Phillip Rivers, wouldn't it? He's a very good QB and that's a pretty small sample size to draw any broad conclusions from.

    But there is no question our defense will be hampered by Houston being out and Hali being "hobbled." Let's hope the other guys step up their games and find a way to limit yards after the catch. That's gonna be tough against the Broncos.

    After last week, I'm expecting a shoot-out. And that doesn't scare me nearly as much as it did a couple of weeks ago!
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

    Originally Posted by Name Withheld
    I don't think anything that's what wrong is nearly Smiths Falls we have no offense of line I think the coaches are free to call certain place I think he would absolutely do better with a different office of coordinator

  7. #7
    Member Since
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,191
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 233
    Given: 684

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    After last week, I'm expecting a shoot-out. And that doesn't scare me nearly as much as it did a couple of weeks ago!
    Agreed. If those recievers show up as determined as they did last Sunday, Denver will have it's hands full trying to light up the scoreboard while dealing with Arrowhead's noise.

  8. #8
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Falls Village, Ct
    Posts
    3,485
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 315
    Given: 307

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I've been working too much to watch the rewind of the San Diego game, but maybe somebody can explain to me just WTF happened in that game. How did we go from an anemic Offense to one that put up 38 points?

    Did our receivers suddenly turn into Supermen?

    Did our Offensive line suddenly turn into the Berlin Wall?

    Did Alex Smith suddenly discover his inner Joe Montana?

    Did San Diego's pass defenders sleep through the game?

    Did Andy Reid call his very best offensive plays of the season?

    Looking at San Diego's schedule, I see that prior to the game against our Chiefs, San Diego had allowed an average of 21.6 points per game and the most they had allowed in the 10 games before the Chief's game was 31 points and that the most points San Diego had allowed since September 15 was 28 points. Since September 15 they had allowed an average of just 19.4 points per game. So how in hell did our Offense score 25% more points against San Diego than anyone else had? How did our Offense score TWICE AS MANY POINTS as the average San Diego had allowed for the last 8 games?

    Can somebody explain to me how our Offense put up 38 points against a team that while no defensive powerhouse, has certainly not had a defense made of swiss cheese?

    Most importantly, was our offensive performance against San Diego something we are going to be able to replicate for the rest of the season?

  9. #9
    Member Since
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,191
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 233
    Given: 684

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    I've been working too much to watch the rewind of the San Diego game, but maybe somebody can explain to me just WTF happened in that game. How did we go from an anemic Offense to one that put up 38 points?

    Did our receivers suddenly turn into Supermen?

    Did our Offensive line suddenly turn into the Berlin Wall?

    Did Alex Smith suddenly discover his inner Joe Montana?

    Did San Diego's pass defenders sleep through the game?

    Did Andy Reid call his very best offensive plays of the season?

    Looking at San Diego's schedule, I see that prior to the game against our Chiefs, San Diego had allowed an average of 21.6 points per game and the most they had allowed in the 10 games before the Chief's game was 31 points and that the most points San Diego had allowed since September 15 was 28 points. Since September 15 they had allowed an average of just 19.4 points per game. So how in hell did our Offense score 25% more points against San Diego than anyone else had? How did our Offense score TWICE AS MANY POINTS as the average San Diego had allowed for the last 8 games?

    Can somebody explain to me how our Offense put up 38 points against a team that while no defensive powerhouse, has certainly not had a defense made of swiss cheese?

    Most importantly, was our offensive performance against San Diego something we are going to be able to replicate for the rest of the season?
    That's the big question, I think. It's also why Denver is touting the return of Champ Bailey so much, rattle our cage and try and pump their fans up. But I also think that if you were to rewind back to the first Broncos game and if the recievers had made the receptions like they made during the SD game, you'd have a different outcome.

    I'm much more concerned with the crossing patterns that ripped our D than our offense. What will Manning's version of a crossing pattern look like, given the short amount of time he hangs onto the ball? Will Denver fake like they're running a crossing pattern and rip us doing something else?

    Win or lose I'd like to see Arrowhead just drown Manning in noise - Just like we did with his little brother, and negate their running game. Losing Houston and a questionable Hali sucks, but if Zombo and Moses are chomping at the bit to make a name for themselves, that might not be a bad thing either.

  10. #10
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Falls Village, Ct
    Posts
    3,485
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 315
    Given: 307

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    That's the big question, I think. It's also why Denver is touting the return of Champ Bailey so much, rattle our cage and try and pump their fans up. But I also think that if you were to rewind back to the first Broncos game and if the recievers had made the receptions like they made during the SD game, you'd have a different outcome.

    I'm much more concerned with the crossing patterns that ripped our D than our offense. What will Manning's version of a crossing pattern look like, given the short amount of time he hangs onto the ball? Will Denver fake like they're running a crossing pattern and rip us doing something else?

    Win or lose I'd like to see Arrowhead just drown Manning in noise - Just like we did with his little brother, and negate their running game. Losing Houston and a questionable Hali sucks, but if Zombo and Moses are chomping at the bit to make a name for themselves, that might not be a bad thing either.
    Completely agree. We've seen a LOT of backups around the NFL really step up and make a difference this year and from a career point of view this would be a HUGE game for our backups to step up and make a statement. If they can play at a high level and if our Offense can play like they did against San Diego we should be able to put a real hurt on the donkeys. I'm REALLY hoping our Offense can look as good tomorrow as they did against San Diego.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. J. Houston and Holding Calls
    By jap1 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-12-2012, 08:35 PM
  2. Justin Houston
    By honda522 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-24-2011, 03:57 PM
  3. Justin Houston Holding out?
    By jap1 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-04-2011, 12:35 PM
  4. Justin Houston
    By figcrostic in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-01-2011, 05:20 PM
  5. ATL/Houston
    By sling58 in forum The Locker Room
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-01-2007, 07:37 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •