Thread: Webnews: Gonzalez has no complaints about farewell season

Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 27

Post Webnews: Gonzalez has no complaints about farewell season

0 Not allowed!
    By Mike Florio
    Last year at this time, Tony Gonzalez was 95-percent sure he wouldn’t return for another season.* This year, he’s 100-percent sure he has no complaints about a final season that sees his Falcons chasing not a championship but the first pick in the draft. “I can’t complain about anything,” Gonzalez said, via Michael Cunningham of… Read more…

Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 5

0 Not allowed!
    We could use him right now..Too bad. Class act guy
    The only Racing Team that matters-HENDRICK MotorSports. 24\48\88\5.. I need another! :please: :
    I'm out..

1 Free "Get Out Of Mancard Violation" earned by braving The Black Hole as The Chiefs redeemed themselves.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 322
    Given: 317

0 Not allowed!
    I know that a lot of good Chiefs fans don't agree with me, but I'd certainly welcome him back for a year or maybe two if the contract was heavy on incentives and light on guaranteed money. I'd love to see him get that Super Bowl ring in a Chiefs uniform.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 63
    Given: 0

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    I know that a lot of good Chiefs fans don't agree with me, but I'd certainly welcome him back for a year or maybe two if the contract was heavy on incentives and light on guaranteed money. I'd love to see him get that Super Bowl ring in a Chiefs uniform.
    That totally aligns with my line of thought. I curse Dimitroff for not allowing a trade to the Chiefs. That was not only mean to the Chiefs but more disrespectful to Gonzo. We could have used him in teh last two games and the rest of the way.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post
    That totally aligns with my line of thought. I curse Dimitroff for not allowing a trade to the Chiefs. That was not only mean to the Chiefs but more disrespectful to Gonzo. We could have used him in teh last two games and the rest of the way.
    So very true. But of course we don't know if TG wanted to make the jump. And we still don't know if he still has that fire in the belly for a ring. But he'll be a free agent soon and we are going to be a better team next year with a more realistic chance of getting to the Super Bowl. If all he really wanted was the ring then I would think he'd be "all in" for coming back to the Chiefs for a contract that was light on guaranteed money and heavy on incentive money. TG getting that ring in KC after all....wouldn't that be a kick in the ash!!!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 63
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    So very true. But of course we don't know if TG wanted to make the jump. And we still don't know if he still has that fire in the belly for a ring. But he'll be a free agent soon and we are going to be a better team next year with a more realistic chance of getting to the Super Bowl. If all he really wanted was the ring then I would think he'd be "all in" for coming back to the Chiefs for a contract that was light on guaranteed money and heavy on incentive money. TG getting that ring in KC after all....wouldn't that be a kick in the ash!!!
    That would be the stuff of Hollywood. But I can't see it as that far from realistic. I think there were - albeit vague - hints by Gonzalez that he would welcome a trade back to us. If we manage to finish this year strongly, I bet he would seriously consider one more year of football. The way he takes care of his body he definitely has at least a year left in the tank.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    I've seen a few clips of him this year and he certainly doesn't look like a guy who is closing in on 38 years of age. I can hardly believe it myself. From what I have seen, he is not what he once was, but even at "half speed" he is better than most tight ends that have ever played the game. I'd surely like to see him back in KC. We could use him in 3rd down situations and even when we didn't throw to him, opponents would have to double up on him. Let him come back to KC and then retire at age 40.