Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Quick thoughts on the game

Default Quick thoughts on the game

1- Alex Smith answered a lot of questions today. I thought Aaron Rodgers was wearing 11 for us.

2- Apologies to Alex for Avery (and the rest of the WR group)

3- denver was almost never called for blatant holdings of Hali and T-Jax, and leg whips.

4- After Denver's last TD can somebody show me that "blow to the head" the officials called on us?

5- Cooper is a raw rookie and it showed, but I still think the kid has long term talent.

6- Time to trade Flowers this off season.

7- Not to wish injury on anyone, but Albert's injury might be a blessing in disguise for the Chiefs. Let's start Fishers development there.

8- I badly wanted us to draft Decker when he was coming up. It hurts me double that one of my favorite draft wishes skewered us so bad for the hated Donks.

Exactly. The won't shoot themselves in the foot if we get a third shot at them. The tough part will be getting that first playoff win. If we can do that then we'll crush the donkeys if we meet them a third time.

Methinks my friend ctchiefsfan is getting a bit emotional. If we get healthy and play them again in their stadium we have a reasonable chance at beating them. But while my heart is on the Chiefs, my money is on the Donks to win that game too. I will be the happiest loser in the world if we do actually beat them there.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Exactly. The won't shoot themselves in the foot if we get a third shot at them. The tough part will be getting that first playoff win. If we can do that then we'll crush the donkeys if we meet them a third time.
    If the Chiefs do somehow manage to win in the opening round of the playoffs, and they come out of the opening round as the only wild-card team still standing, then there will be a 3rd meeting with the Donkeys. It's a very possible scenario, but the Chiefs need to win at least 2 these next 4 games. They really need to pull themselves together somehow and win at least 2 of these next 4 games. 11-5 would get the Chiefs the #5 seed for certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post
    Methinks my friend ctchiefsfan is getting a bit emotional. If we get healthy and play them again in their stadium we have a reasonable chance at beating them. But while my heart is on the Chiefs, my money is on the Donks to win that game too. I will be the happiest loser in the world if we do actually beat them there.
    Keep in mind that the last two times the Chiefs played in Denver in January, they beat the Donkeys both times & both of those games were meaningful games for the Donkeys that did have playoff implications. So, who knows, a victory in Denver in January is very possible because it's already happened.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 12-02-2013 at 01:25 PM.

The holding call on bowe last play pist me off!!!!!!! 3yd line..15yds past line!!!!!! How can you miss it???? Watch it over!! Absolute bs! As long as peyton is in the league we have no chance! Parting gifts just like to elway!!!!!!!!!!!!

No way did we or will we have a honest chance at beatingthem as long as peyton is playing!!!!!!!!! The nfl wont allow it!!!! Parting gift just like for elway!!!
    The no holding callon Bowe last play of game at 3yd line..how can they miss it??? 15yds past line ofscrimmage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Was it thewrong throw..yes..was he held..hell yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Every flag thrown atus was at times that really hurt us and every flag at them had really no severeconsequence!!!!
    And the 3 droppedpasses that were dead on at over 30yd?? WTH???????

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    The holding call on bowe last play pist me off!!!!!!! 3yd line..15yds past line!!!!!! How can you miss it???? Watch it over!! Absolute bs! As long as peyton is in the league we have no chance! Parting gifts just like to elway!!!!!!!!!!!!
    That's my biggest concern, right there. Opposing teams won't be allowed to play the Donkeys on a level playing the rest of this year & it will be tilted in the Donkeys favor just like '97 and '98.

Too bad nobody has the balls to counter this by sending their defenders with the explicit purpose to KO Manning. Under normal circumstances, I don't condone deliberately trying to maim an opposing player, but as we've seen, these aren't normal circumstances or even fair ones at that -- same as '97 and 98.

Joe Montana never benefited from his O-Line getting away with blatant holding & certainly not in his 2 seasons that he played in KC. Montana was a true champion, whereas Elway was a fake one, and now another fake one is being fabricated, it appears.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post
    7- Not to wish injury on anyone, but Albert's injury might be a blessing in disguise for the Chiefs. Let's start Fishers development there.
    I won't even get to the part where you called an injury a blessing in disguise, but why on earth would they put Fisher on the left side of the line? He just got benched for Stephenson. Stephenson, for the 3rd time in his career, played outstanding vs. Von Miller. If there's a LT of the future on the team based solely on performance, and not draft position, it's Stephenson, not Fisher. Fisher can still develop, but he has no business playing LT in the midst of a playoff run.

Fortunately, Albert avoided any serious injury though. The O-line is shaping up nicely w/ Scwhartz and Stephenson on the right side. Alex had clean pockets to throw from all night.
    Last edited by Ryfo18; 12-02-2013 at 01:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Same here. I want the Chiefs to win outright on a level playing field. I fully expect the Donkeys to get the officials help in the post-season as well. It's been an established fact for decades that the Donkeys can't win a SB outright on a level playing field, so Pat Bowlen and Turd Elway have once again pulled the same strings with the league office that they did in '97 and '98 to have the playing field tilted in the Donkeys favor. I never want to to see such a thing happen with the Chiefs. At least the Chiefs one SB win is real and not fake like the Donkeys.

I mean it's not just the NFL wanting to get the best ratings possible, nope just denver calling them up and saying "hey, help us".

Seriously, why watch the game if you think denver or other teams are getting help? Stop complaining and deal with it. Losing sucks but it happens, the NFL is a business now, your team has a high ratings puller, the NFL is going to protect that person so they can get the ratings. Where was the calls last year for manning to get to the super bowl? You talk about manning/denver getting the calls and going to the super bowl but they haven't been there since 98! I'm sure if KC won that game denver would complain about the refs as well, you win - refs did a good job, you lose - refs ****ing suck, it very rarely happens that both teams fans agree the refs sucked or were good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    I won't even get to the part where you called an injury a blessing in disguise, but why on earth would they put Fisher on the left side of the line? He just got benched for Stephenson. Stephenson, for the 3rd time in his career, played outstanding vs. Von Miller. If there's a LT of the future on the team, it's him, not Fisher.
    That's pure bullsh!t !! Stephenson replaced Fisher because Fisher was hurt and was listed as questionable going into the Denver game. Fisher also did well against Von Miller. Stephenson has had reps at LT this year, whereas Fisher hasn't, but that could change at any time & it wouldn't surprise me if Fisher is the LT right from the get-go in 2014. Get your facts straight.

Chiefs will give Alex some receivers this offseason.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast